Enes Unal

Thanks Derek.

To be fair, the post #66 was posted as I was typing my post #68

Up until that point, the news was that this was an obligation to buy dependent upon certain conditions being met, i.e. we'd have an easy get out ( which I think would be important at this stage ! ).

Post #66 uses terminology which makes it sound like we have an obligation to buy, without conditions and people are taking that as gospel.

As far as I am aware, most pre-agreements of this kind would involve certain conditions being met during the loan period before the obligation to buy is triggered. That seems to be the case here, at least according to The Athletic :thumbup:

So it appears that we have a loan agreement, with the option to buy for a fixed price in the summer if we want to, with an obligation to buy if certain conditions ( appearances etc. ) are met during the loan period.
That being the case, I'd say we've played a blinder here.

We get a decent period of time to assess his fitness and ability.
If it doesn't work out, off you go son.
If it does work out, we could end up with a decent striker at a knockdown price and feel more relaxed about letting Dom go in the summer..

For me the option to bail, if it doesn't work out, is important.
We can't spend 16m on somebody who we'll never play.
If we somehow have that option in there, I think this is a great deal for us.

You would think that one of the key conditions is that if there are any issues with his knee then the obligation is null and void.

If we took the view that he has had an injury, don't sign him we would never have signed Calum Wilson.

His goal scoring record has been quite good in the past.

Let's not write him off just yet.
I'll take it. Not bad for a benchwarmer in a Lego stadium.

No, Benji Büchel
Potentially the first permanent Turkish player?

Saw this:

They value him at €25M so looks a very good deal at €16.5M with a try before you buy.

Enough evidence suggests that if Adams were fit, he'd have gone to Chelsea.
Being in a position to buy for the future and buying quality injured players which clubs can't afford to wait for is a competitive advantage but one that hinges on the club's medical assessment and rehab facilities.

If it is a strategic decision it's one that I don't see anyone else attempting meaning that we're unopposed in a market and it's likely to stay that way unless we've been successful at it for a while.
You are spot on with this, except that other organizations will adopt it rapidly if it is successful. Always need to have an eye out for the next advantage.

;