England u20

The only thing that irritated me from a Lewis Cook / AFCB viewpoint was Danny Mills not knowing that Cook had spent a good portion of the season injured and moaned about him not playing enough. He was corrected by the main commentator.

Even we were kept in the dark about his injury ...we still dont know the extent or non extent. That aside we can look back now and say whatever happened or didnt happen, Eddie has nurtured the kid and perhaps kept some pressure off his young shoulders.

red_house - 12/6/2017 21:30

AFCBade - 12/6/2017 21:15

Couple of other media observations (from a biased AFCB fan's perspective!):

(1) why do commentators repeatedly say ex Leeds player Lewis Cook but dont say ex Charlton player Ademola Lookman?

I didn't hear the ex Leeds player stuff..only heard Bournemouth.

However I only watched the final. As for Leeds, still have a world wide fanbase - do Charlton ? I dunno..people will always talk about Leeds.

I saw bits earlier on...don't mind tbh, its just after a while sounded odd and clearly suggested people might have heard of Leeds rather than afcb!

wallmth - 12/6/2017 23:25

Big player for us next season I hope .
What a wise move it was for him leaving Leeds for us .

Could argue players like hyndman and cook would have have been better off playing another year in championship rather than being on the margins of the first team at afcb.

Eddie managed for Fraser perfectly. I see Cook getting about 20 appearances next season. He could have got that this season but for the injury. Let's not forget that he was first choice in the season opener.

Hyndmans injury in pre season was unfortunate.

Cook will be in the midfield rotation this season, he would've been last year but for Wilshere coming in, then the injury in November kinda curtailed any chance of a half season loan deal. We did manage to give him minutes at the end of the season and I'm certain that he'll get plenty this season as well

I think we will have some exciting options in midfield this coming season (without any new signings!) and I have a feeling we will be scoring more goals than last year.
Conceding fewer . . . I'm not sure about that yet.

canadiancherry - 13/6/2017 19:44

I think we will have some exciting options in midfield this coming season (without any new signings!) and I have a feeling we will be scoring more goals than last year.
Conceding fewer . . . I'm not sure about that yet.
re the goals conceded, will be interesting to see what difference begovic will make instead of boruc in goal.

;