Euro 2020

I would add Courtois and Lukaku.

For me, a great player would be considered in best 11's 20 years down the line... not sure lukaku falls into that bracket. Not sure he'd be in most peoples current top 10 strikers, lol.

Last edited:
If England get to the final, for England it would be better if we met Spain.

But for football, it would be better if we met Italy.

But we have to beat Ukraine first and then the winners of the Czech Republic and Denmark.

They way this tournament has turned out some of the teams finishing as an also ran in their group, have turned out to be a different animal in the knockout stages.

Last world cup, 6/7 would have walked in to the England team.

I have enjoyed watching Belgium the past 5 or so years. Entertaining.
Surprised they haven't win anything, but that's football.

Yeah agree with that re England team, but still not a 'great' team, can't see them being held in that high a regard years down the line.

For me, a great player would be considered in best 11's 20 years down the line... not sure lukaku falls into that bracket. Not sure he'd be in most peoples current top 10 strikers, lol.
I'm world football right now he's got to be up there with the best. His international scoring record is superb and he's developed brilliantly since moving to Italy, I can't think of many teams in the Premier League that he wouldn't improve.

I'm world football right now he's got to be up there with the best. His international scoring record is superb and he's developed brilliantly since moving to Italy, I can't think of many teams in the Premier League that he wouldn't improve.

yeah did think that after. no doubt a handful when he's on form.

How do they work FIFA rankings out?
Some boffin on the radio this morning said that if England beat Spain 2-0 in the final, they will go 2nd, but if they beat Italy 2-0, they will go 3rd.

How do they work FIFA rankings out?
Some boffin on the radio this morning said that if England beat Spain 2-0 in the final, they will go 2nd, but if they beat Italy 2-0, they will go 3rd.

f**k knows, mean as much to me as friendlies do.

imagine its due to spain being higher ranked so get more points.... although you;'d think spain would get more points due to getting further than semis, but can't be enough to offset losing to us? just checked and noticed we're 4th, lol. Belgium 1st???

f**k knows, mean as much to me as friendlies do.

imagine its due to spain being higher ranked so get more points.... although you;'d think spain would get more points due to getting further than semis, but can't be enough to offset losing to us? just checked and noticed we're 4th, lol. Belgium 1st???

I take it Belgium will still be No 1 after the Euros.

Ah well, compiling the chart gives somebody in FIFA a well paid job.

Tough to seperate these two sides so far, half chances, mistakes and openings for both but not much clear cut. You get the feeling its not far from some drama though.

Just as Spain were starting to apply some good pressure, Italy produce that on the counter, great finish.

*HOW have Spain missed that?!?

;