Everton docked 2 more points

Convenient. Restores their original six point deduction which was subsequently reduced to four on appeal.
This stinks to high heaven but was so predictable !
Crock of sh*t.

If the FFP system remains unchanged, based on this, clubs should just ignore it and take the points deduction on the chin.
I thought Everton was 10 points reduced to 6.

Convenient. Restores their original six point deduction which was subsequently reduced to four on appeal.
This stinks to high heaven but was so predictable !
Crock of sh*t.

If the FFP system remains unchanged, based on this, clubs should just ignore it and take the points deduction on the chin.
Must say there must be a real temptation to do this. Given the financial bonanza of staying up in the Premier League the risk/reward ratio of breaking the rules to pay for talent to keep you up is probably pretty skewed. Looks like a pantomime doesn't it.

I thought Everton was 10 points reduced to 6.
You are right. Sorry. 10 reduced to 6 because you only get 9 for administration. So basically now they have had 8 points deducted for TWO transgressions instead of 10+x ?!?!
They got off extremely lightly for their two breaches. I wonder why ? :unsure:

Its the equivalent of going into the last few minutes of a game 1 up and letting in a late equaliser .

Exactly, it's more of an incentive than deterrent. Let's spend that little bit more on players and stop/score the late late goals. It's a piss take for Luton, if we'd held on for the draw Saturday it might have been a 4 point deduction : )

It’s hard to be impartial because I’d like to see them go down and Luton stay up so I’ve been trying to look at it as how I’d feel if it was us.

The issue with FPP is because it’s a rolling three year thing, one bad year can mean you are punished for three years in a row for the same year. There’s no other punishment of any form in society like this.. I think if this was us I’d feel unfair. One of Everton’s most saleable expensive waged assets got done on sexual crimes… You can’t plan for every event in a year.

edited to say I’m not a fan of FPP anyway. It just keeps the top six as the top six. Football has always had new entrants, now it’s Arab states it used to be scrap metal dealers. Part of the drama of the game to me.

It’s hard to be impartial because I’d like to see them go down and Luton stay up so I’ve been trying to look at it as how I’d feel if it was us.

The issue with FPP is because it’s a rolling three year thing, one bad year can mean you are punished for three years in a row for the same year. There’s no other punishment of any form in society like this.. I think if this was us I’d feel unfair. One of Everton’s most saleable expensive waged assets got done on sexual crimes… You can’t plan for every event in a year.

edited to say I’m not a fan of FPP anyway. It just keeps the top six as the top six. Football has always had new entrants, now it’s Arab states it used to be scrap metal dealers. Part of the drama of the game to me.
What is FPP?

The logical alternatives to three rolling years is one year or 5. Too short and it doesn't solve your problem, too long and you'll be getting your slap (more like a stroke) on the wrist deduction 5 years down the line.

You can probably get some form of insurance to protect the club from extremely rare events but at the end of the day clubs are spending money on transfers all the time so I doubt you could pin what the report described as "[transfer spending] recklessness that constitutes an aggravating factor" down to not being able to sell a 32 year old player.

To be fair though Everton have played a blinder, they've pissed all over the rules twice to the point the league described it as "a serious breach that requires a significant penalty" and walked away with deductions that any casual observer would interpret as designed as just enough to preserve their league status.

It would be dangerous for clubs to use this as a precedent to take the points hit for the extra financial leeway.

The premier league are making it up as they go along. I doubt AFC or Luton would have been treated the same.

Point deduction reduced because you have already been naughty and punished this year for a different offence.

If I get done for speeding again I'll ask for 1 point on my licence as i already had 3 this year. Seems fair to me.

It would be dangerous for clubs to use this as a precedent to take the points hit for the extra financial leeway.

The premier league are making it up as they go along. I doubt AFC or Luton would have been treated the same.

Point deduction reduced because you have already been naughty and punished this year for a different offence.

If I get done for speeding again I'll ask for 1 point on my licence as i already had 3 this year. Seems fair to me.
Exactly what I am thinking.

If we were to do the same thing, you can guarantee that no mitigating factors would be taken into account and we'd get the maximum penalty possible for the breach.

Would the media then jump up and down and call it scandalous that we are being treated differently to all of the previous miscreants ? Will they fcuk !!!
It might make the news briefly on the day it happens and then by the following day we will be left to suck it up, fuming at the injustice of it all, as usual.

I did notice that the media are now starting to say that the PL is making the rules up as they go along, so hopefully they will now come up with something which is more transparent and less arbitrary. The whole saga is damaging their reputation, which of course is bad for "the brand". So, here's hoping !

If you get 12 points through accumulation of 3 point penalties, you can avoid a ban... as have thousands of others;)

If we were to do the same thing, you can guarantee that no mitigating factors would be taken into account and we'd get the maximum penalty possible for the breach.

Would the media then jump up and down and call it scandalous that we are being treated differently to all of the previous miscreants ? Will they fcuk !!!
It might make the news briefly on the day it happens and then by the following day we will be left to suck it up, fuming at the injustice of it all, as usual.

I did notice that the media are now starting to say that the PL is making the rules up as they go along, so hopefully they will now come up with something which is more transparent and less arbitrary. The whole saga is damaging their reputation, which of course is bad for "the brand". So, here's hoping !
Best case scenario: a club relegated on the last day of the season (with obligatory shots of 7-18 year old boys/youths crying) while other club avoids relegation (with obligatory shots of 7-18 year old boys/youths crying) ONLY for it to be overturned four days later.

That is not a product you can sell globally. All the emotion taken from the game (just like current VAR?)
And then the rules will be changed.

Thankfully we are way above the trap door.

The whole thing is a shambles. Forget whether FFP is right, points deductions the best way etc. But for a supposedly professional body like the PL to have such a shambolic procedure is disgraceful.
The club accounting year periods should be timed to end with the transfer windows, the penalties should be laid out in advance, the hearing and appeals process has to be a lot quicker etc etc.
PL is Not Fit For Purpose.

But that would be two different offences. If you hadn’t been speeding this time but over your last three trips your average speed was too high because it includes the last one you’re already had 3 points for…..

You’d be irritated wouldn’t you?

I think you’re right. I think the lenient treatment of Everton is so they can be lenient with Man C and Chelsea.

I think the original rules as set out would have relegated all three and they’ve realised they don’t want some of their world wide TV money switching to the championship while Ipswich come up!

But that would be two different offences. If you hadn’t been speeding this time but over your last three trips your average speed was too high because it includes the last one you’re already had 3 points for…..

You’d be irritated wouldn’t you?
Not if I knew they were the rules I signed up to.

;