Everton docked 2 more points

While I was in the USA in March, I read in the New York Times about the dealings of the company looking to take over Everton, 777 Partners. They own many football clubs and other sporting interests. Amongst many other things, the article mentioned money promised to Vasco da Gama in Brazil that had not materialised.

As there is news today about the takeover, I looked up the NYT article online to refresh my memory. There is more than one article now. A law suit was mentioned that called 777 Partners a "house of cards." Under the heading, The Mystery Company With One Foot in the Premier League, 777 are referred to as a "sprawling fraudulent enterprise."

In order to sanction the takeover, The Premier League said 777 had to:
a) repay at least part of a loan of aound £160 million from MSP by 15 April.
b) deposit £60m into an account for use by Everton.
c) convert the £160m the company has already loaned to Everton into equity (coincidence that it is a similar amount that 777 borrowed from MSP?).
d) provide proof of sufficient funding to complete the construction of Everton’s new stadium.

Now, it turns out (according to Sky Sports, the Independent, the Telegraph and other sources) that 777 are touting round for lenders as they have no cash to complete any of the conditions to buy out Everton.

This looks like a story that will run and run.

How many points will they be deducted next season for entering administration?

Whatever, it looks very much like the 777 Partners - a "sprawling fraudulent enterprise" - (see above) takeover won't be happening.

Farhad Moshiri is looking at other buyers as 777 seem to be running out of cash everywhere.

There comes a time when creative accounting simply won't cover black holes any longer.

Although, perhaps Everton will avoid administration if MSP take over. Presumably, though, MSP will have repay the £160 million that Everton have borrowed from 777.

Last edited:
How many points will they be deducted next season for entering administration?

Although, perhaps Everton will avoid administration if MSP take over.

Whatever, it looks very much like the 777 Partners - a "sprawling fraudulent enterprise" - (see above) takeover won't be happening.

There comes a time when creative accounting simply won't cover black holes any longer.
Think Portsmouth lost 9.

PL administration is 9 points, should that happen. Sounds like they've got a backstop against that though thanks to this charge on Moshiri's holdings.

Everton have done well to get deductions in this season when the bottom 3 are perhaps weaker than average and the bar to survival lower than average. Probably won't be the case next season.

PL administration is 9 points, should that happen. Sounds like they've got a backstop against that though thanks to this charge on Moshiri's holdings.

Everton have done well to get deductions in this season when the bottom 3 are perhaps weaker than average and the bar to survival lower than average. Probably won't be the case next season.
And will Dyche hang around if there is all this going on in the background?

;