Everton Home

Response from Liz Finney.

Thank you for your email.

Our data shows that many STHs choose not to attend Cup games, especially early rounds, and therefore do not accrue Cup Points. As you know, this game also falls only days away from our League clash with Everton which makes it even more likely that STHs will not attend in numbers.

As in the way that Away Points reward those that travel to away games, the Cup Points will give priority to those who do attend Cup games. It does not make sense to give priority to thousands of STHs for a Cup game when only 19 of them hold 5 Cup Points and 75 hold 4 Cup Points.

I hope this clarifies the position but if you do have any further queries in this respect, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for your feedback and your support for the club.

With kind regards, Liz

Response from Liz Finney.

Thank you for your email.

Our data shows that many STHs choose not to attend Cup games, especially early rounds, and therefore do not accrue Cup Points. As you know, this game also falls only days away from our League clash with Everton which makes it even more likely that STHs will not attend in numbers.

As in the way that Away Points reward those that travel to away games, the Cup Points will give priority to those who do attend Cup games. It does not make sense to give priority to thousands of STHs for a Cup game when only 19 of them hold 5 Cup Points and 75 hold 4 Cup Points.

I hope this clarifies the position but if you do have any further queries in this respect, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for your feedback and your support for the club.

With kind regards, Liz
So even if those numbers are true the club made a conscious decision to piss ST holders off with a game 8 weeks away. Did they consult with the supporters group - I won't hold my breath

I don't know why people are upset. Obviously the best way to judge demand for a cup tie against Everton is to look at how many they sold against footballing heavyweights MK Dons and Borehamwood. :slap:

There is even a small chance that for the first time in years we might have a manager who doesn't actively treat fans with disdain when it comes to cup competitions.

I love the way this gets introduced without a word of explanation, no consultation with supporters and complete disregard for a loyal group of supporters. Par for the course with AFCB.

Even if the number of ST holders is under a 100, those that did go and others who have ST, should still have first dibs for their usual seat.

One reason people bought a ST for whatever league we were in, gates of 10,000 or 4,000, was to guarantee their seat for cup games.

Your 2 plus me, thats 67 to go. Come on who has an ST and went to a Cup game last season. You have MK Dons, Yeovil, Norwich and Borehamwood to choose from.
Borehamwood for me. The other misses were due to health issues.

Very disappointing that they've done this, especially without any real notice. I'll have to see if there are any left on Sunday.

Even if the number of ST holders is under a 100, those that did go and others who have ST, should still have first dibs for their usual seat.

One reason people bought a ST for whatever league we were in, gates of 10,000 or 4,000, was to guarantee their seat for cup games.

Exactly. When I renewed my ST this year, having first option on my seat for cup games was an implied term of the contract because that has previously always been the case and the club took no steps to advise me otherwise. Whether I, or any other ST holder, chooses to take it up or not is irrelevant.

I guess the key would be in the Ts & Cs of ST purchase... If it doesn't say in there, 18 home games and priority window for cup games then there is no argument, other than it is the decent thing to do, or at least consult 'some one'...

;