Everton Home

Wtf. As a ST holder (for about 20 years) I was planning to go to this one but I don’t have any cup points as I can’t usually make evening games and was on holiday for MK Dons. Are they seriously suggesting I am not going to be allowed the seat I’ve held since the stadium opened? Absolute shambles - the game isn’t until November! Just give ST holders 2 days if they want to reduce the window, but giving them nothing is an appalling way to treat their most loyal “customers”.

I guess the key would be in the Ts & Cs of ST purchase... If it doesn't say in there, 18 home games and priority window for cup games then there is no argument, other than it is the decent thing to do, or at least consult 'some one'...

Not really, contracts can have implied terms.

Whether people agree with the rationale behind the decision once again it is the lack of communication from the club that is the underlying problem. If a simple explanation had been included in the cup tickets sale details that could possibly have defused the problem given most season ticket holders assume some window for first choice.

I guess the key would be in the Ts & Cs of ST purchase... If it doesn't say in there, 18 home games and priority window for cup games then there is no argument, other than it is the decent thing to do, or at least consult 'some one'...
Not at all imo. If over the previous god knows how many years the purchase of a season ticket has implicitly conferred the right to purchase a Cup ticket then to change that needs consultation and prior notification. Of course the club doesn't do consultation and prior notification.........................................

I think the ticket situation is a really poor call - Season ticket holders have been the loyal fans who’ve supported the club through the hard times with 2 or 3000 supporters at games - I sit with other season ticket holders including my uncle and we are all friends who meet up at the football - there have been 5 cup games - 3 away which were midweek and I couldn’t attend and I missed 1 home game due to family commitment- so I have missed one home game and now we are unable to buy our seat at the game - the club has lost all sense of loyalty to the true fans …..I am one who went to Cardiff on a wet Tuesday night in the early 90’s when there was only about 100 of us there ….I wonder how many will be left if we hit a rough patch again?

Response from Liz Finney.

Thank you for your email.

Our data shows that many STHs choose not to attend Cup games, especially early rounds, and therefore do not accrue Cup Points. As you know, this game also falls only days away from our League clash with Everton which makes it even more likely that STHs will not attend in numbers.

As in the way that Away Points reward those that travel to away games, the Cup Points will give priority to those who do attend Cup games. It does not make sense to give priority to thousands of STHs for a Cup game when only 19 of them hold 5 Cup Points and 75 hold 4 Cup Points.

I hope this clarifies the position but if you do have any further queries in this respect, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for your feedback and your support for the club.

With kind regards, Liz

Those numbers are deeply flawed. ST holders only have priority for home games. There have only been two home cup games. Therefore the relevant metric is how many season tickets holders have 2 cup points in respect of home games.

Season ticket holder for 20+ years and not missed a home cup game in that time.. but I apparently have only 2 Cup points and can't buy a seat right now, never mind my normal ST seat.

This stinks, and the Club need to revert back to their previous policy. I don't give a flying flamingo what their "market research" says.

I’d like to know how many season ticket holders have any cup points, just out of interest.
I don’t have any, last cup game I went to was Luton, I took my oldest Grandson.
Hopefully I’ll be able to get a ticket and take my middle Grandson. If I can’t so be it.
I haven’t been to enough cup games.

I’d like to know how many season ticket holders have any cup points, just out of interest.
Hopefully I’ll be able to get a ticket and take my middle Grandson. If I can’t so be it.
Me and Mrs have 2 each from MK Dons and Borehamwood. Missed both Norwich games as Mrs works so can’t make midweek away games and missed Yeovil due to Covid concerns.

I reckon it will go to general sale.

If it goes to general sale why not let the season ticket holders have their seat to sit with the people around them who they have a shared relationship with? Surely it helps with the atmosphere as well?

Here is my reply from the TO.

"Good Morning Steve,

Many thanks for your email.

After conducting research into season ticket holders using their seats for last season's cup run, the research showed that only approximately 70 season ticket holders used their seats for the cup matches.

Therefore, we have decided to only use cup points for this game to ensure it is fair to those who go to every cup game.

Kind Regards,"

70 ST holders only, really, I could name 10 off the top of my head. Even if it were true why not make the provision with 8 weeks to go. How about they consult with a fans group ? I am really tempted to tell em to eff off but that is probably what they want - me not turning up.
Come on, hands up who as an ST holder went to a Cup game last season.

My brother and I, that's two more.

Have written a strong complaint to the Club.

Last edited:
I have written to the club suggesting they change the ticketing policy for this match - to allow ST holders a chance to secure their seat. They have time to fix this. If we all write maybe they will change their stance.

Different scenario, but because of the backlash Center Parcs went back on asking guests to leave.

So maybe our club will change their mind if they get negative feedback/publicity.

Talking about small print re our ST, has anyone seen if it applies to Cup games?

Those numbers are deeply flawed. ST holders only have priority for home games. There have only been two home cup games. Therefore the relevant metric is how many season tickets holders have 2 cup points in respect of home games.
This is a very valid point... and something that should be raised to the club... If this is an oversight by whoever has drawn up the numbers then they need some serious words...

;