Everton Tickets

No chance of requesting more than, if (when) we sell out?
not according to the website.

For context, we took more to Wrexham and Carlisle for the key Division Two relegation games.

I can only imagine the decision has been made by someone who has no idea on the context of the game, and simply based the decision on previous away followings to Everton.

I wouldn't want to make the decision. Only way we sell that out is if it's crucial and it probably won't be. Loads of people I know are going to the boxing instead. Scheduling that the night before is a poor decision.
I know of someone who was going, but is now going to the fight instead.

I'm in two minds myself. If we're safe by then my season might finish a game early...

For context, we took more to Wrexham and Carlisle for the key Division Two relegation games.

I can only imagine the decision has been made by someone who has no idea on the context of the game, and simply based the decision on previous away followings to Everton.

The context of the game will probably be that AFCB have been safe for weeks and a full 3,000 away end would be full of Scousers.

Well, what a weird decision.

'Away fans are located in one corner of the two-tiered, Bullens Road Stand, which is at the side of the pitch, where just over 3,000 away fans can be accommodated. If a small following is expected, then only the lower tier is allocated, which holds 1,700. '

Why not just take it anyway, for last game, small loss in scheme of things, and a few less home fans in the ground.

Well, what a weird decision.

'Away fans are located in one corner of the two-tiered, Bullens Road Stand, which is at the side of the pitch, where just over 3,000 away fans can be accommodated. If a small following is expected, then only the lower tier is allocated, which holds 1,700. '

Why not just take it anyway, for last game, small loss in scheme of things, and a few less home fans in the ground.
You paying? ;-)

Everton will have put pressure on the club to take the lower allocation, given its looking potentially do or die for them. Also the Police would have been worried about Evertonians in the away end and probably also poked their nose in.

I would have liked the club to stand firm, but I can understand its a difficult call if the game ends up being a dead rubber for us. A while to go before we can say that though. As usual we're rather happy to be tinpot.

You paying? ;-)

Of course. If I was the owner/part of consortium of a football club ploughing 10's of million, 100's over years,, I'd expect a single fan to stump up thousands money for the tickets, in case we didn;t sell out a potentially very important game ;)

Sounds extremely reasonable to me Rob :D

It could be the most important game in years. And we’re not going to take the full allocation just in case it’s not? Is that seriously what you are suggesting?

I suspect that it's not just AFCBs decision. Everton would want those tickets for their fans, partly so they could get more money for them, and AFCB haven't taken more than a thousand there since the first PL season. All they'd have to do is raise concerns with the Old Bill.

I suspect that it's not just AFCBs decision. Everton would want those tickets for their fans, partly so they could get more money for them, and AFCB haven't taken more than a thousand there since the first PL season. All they'd have to do is raise concerns with the Old Bill.

Why so much worry about this game and away allocation - could apply to all kinds of games in that case?

Minimum allocation is 3k. These theories sound like stretches, whataboutism to me in all honesty. But then again, the whole situation is odd.

Of course. If I was the owner/part of consortium of a football club ploughing 10's of million, 100's over years,, I'd expect a single fan to stump up thousands money for the tickets, in case we didn;t sell out a potentially very important game ;)

Sounds extremely reasonable to me Rob :D
So you don't expect Bill to do that then.

We'll be safe by then.

I’m sure we want all of the East Stand each home game for our fans too, but the rules don’t allow that.
And I’m sure the Old Bill have concerns about Leeds visiting Bournemouth on a bank holiday, but we haven’t cut their allocation as a result.
It’s unbelievably tinpot to agree to a reduced allocation for a game of this potential magnitude. It’s also a slap in the face for many fans who would want to attend. Almost half of those at Spurs on Saturday are not going to be permitted to get a ticket for this game. Madness.

We'll be safe by then.

Old bill to do what? Like mentioned above, why would they be so concerned about us going to Everton final day, compared to all kinds of matches that take place in the football calendar each year?? You'd end up with away fans bared, or tickets reduced/away fans marginalized for loads of games, if they were so concerned about fans mixing, potentially violence breaking out etc.

Wonder how many would have gone there for the vital last game of the 19/20 season if the Covid nonsense hadn't stopped us?

We'll be safe by then.
I agree we should very well be safe by then. In fact I expect us to be safe with a couple of games to spare, let alone one.

But that’s not the point. There is still a very real chance this game could mean something, and to agree to a reduced allocation when that is the case is simply madness.

The money argument is completely irrelevant, the cost of the extra 1200 tickets is the equivalent of about 3 hours wages for the squad.

;