Everton

By ‘a lot of 25ms’ do you mean Traore only?

Thinking ahead to who else you may be referring to….

Adams could easily come good, and Dango was bought from Lorient (for less than 25)

Plus you then offset that with the near inevitable profits we’ll make on people like Scott, Solanke if he were to leave etc.
Zab, Dango, Traore, Kliuvert, Traore. I don’t think what we’d get back on them would equate to the profit we make on others. We need to sell Kelly in this window and Solanke in next but that makes us considerably weaker as we are not buying players better than the ones we sold (or they can’t get on a pitch)

Zab, Dango, Traore, Kliuvert, Traore. I don’t think what we’d get back on them would equate to the profit we make on others. We need to sell Kelly in this window and Solanke in next but that makes us considerably weaker as we are not buying players better than the ones we sold (or they can’t get on a pitch)

You are wrong about Zabarnyi and Kluivert. I know Traore is your poster boy for this supposedly disastrous transfer policy because all of the other players you have mentioned have since had good games but he's only one player.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ
Going through them then:

Zab was 20m, I’d be confident of recouping that

Dango- Not sure how much he can be considered in scope due to ownership situation

Kluivert- 10m, we’d get that

Traore- Absolutely, busted flush so far. Not sure you had to name him twice though!

I've heard somewhere else had offered more, so he might be off there instead : )
Solanke is so integral to our play atm, not to mention his form in front of goal (although some still find it hard to see how important he is to us)... However, an offer North of £50m in jan would really test the resolve of both club and player...

Also, looking at Everton, FFP would add a serious weight to an offer of that size... Sadly...

You are wrong about Zabarnyi and Kluivert. I know Traore is your poster boy for this supposedly disastrous transfer policy because all of the other players you have mentioned have since had good games but he's only one player.
I’m wrong about them in your opinion. Also I’m talking about recouping money but that’s not enough, our model means we have to make money. Lerma went free, JZ went free, Kelly will go free if we can’t offload him in Jan which means offloading your best defender…

It’s really poor management. If you could take your ‘argue with Neil’ goggles off you’d see that.

You can argue that they are unavoidable but they can’t become that in a club with our gates spending our money. The only players we have of value are ones we desperately need to keep. The ones we’ve signed to replace aren’t up to that level.

I’m wrong about them in your opinion. Also I’m talking about recouping money but that’s not enough, our model means we have to make money. Lerma went free, JZ went free, Kelly will go free if we can’t offload him in Jan which means offloading your best defender…

It’s really poor management. If you could take your ‘argue with Neil’ goggles off you’d see that.

You can argue that they are unavoidable but they can’t become that in a club with our gates spending our money. The only players we have of value are ones we desperately need to keep. The ones we’ve signed to replace aren’t up to that level.

Of course it is my opinion, I don't think this needs to be stated every post. The manager is in the paper today singing Zabarnyi's praises and explaining why he's played every minute. Kluivert was relatively cheap and doesn't look out of place at this level so I think it's a fair opinion.

The increase in players moving for free is not an AFCB issue, it is a post-Covid football issue and it increasingly affects players at their peak. In our case Lerma was a player who was never going to be offered or commit to a contract extension whilst we were in the Championship. I suspect that Lloyd Kelly was never likely to commit because he clearly knew his value more than the boo boys ever did.

The club has extended the contract of multiple valuable players so it is clearly no a policy is it. We have a number of new signings that don't fit your description. Tavernier, Scott, Aaron's, Kerkez, Semenyo, etc.

When rumour mill publications chuck around 50m numbers for Solanke, you can well believe it. But 3 years ago, you'd have laughed at it.

Who knows where Kerkez, Zab, Kluivert, Dango could go.

Traore I give you. Initial glimpses aside I haven't seen much lately, given the huge fee.

Thing is, at the level we're trying to buy at, it's very easy to piss away massive amounts and hamstring yourself for years afterwards. As Everton are finding. It's why the scouting and recruitment methods are arguably the most important aspect of a football club these days.

It CANNOT be about individual players.

It HAS to be about the TEAM mentality.

THAT is how you operate from a TINPOT base.

We don't know from one week to the next who is going to be available.. because of our inability to keep players fit...or sign them fit in the first place.
THIS is where we are at. End of. Fullstop

It CANNOT be about individual players.

It HAS to be about the TEAM mentality.

THAT is how you operate from a TINPOT base.

We don't know from one week to the next who is going to be available.. because of our inability to keep players fit...or sign them fit in the first place.
THIS is where we are at. End of. Fullstop
Not true. Other teams have injured players too you know.

Ps. Is Sinisterra still on the crap list, or did he just need more time?

I think you have to look at the bigger picture, than just saying we let them walk for free... I actually agree and have said before we can't become a club that continually allows millions of pounds of players to keep walking away for free, but the reality is, until we become a club that is more mid to top than mid to bottom, players will always see us as a stepping stone onto bigger and better clubs in the PL, which in turn will usually mean players are more valuable playing for us and keeping us in the PL, than they are in sales...

I mean, Lerma's move to Palace just highlights where we are in the pecking order as we've competed with Palace at the wrong end of the table for some time, yet moving there was more favourable than staying with us...

We offered Lerma, JZ and allegedly Kelly, new contracts... Lerma perhaps felt a new challenge away from DC was needed. JZ just wanted away and probably had his head turned by an Italian move, and if Kelly gets an acceptable offer from Spurs, then you could hardly blame him... As much as I'd love to see us offer Kelly a massive contract and him stay...

The problem has always been that we're still essentially the same club, off the field, that we were 10 years ago when PL football first came to DC... Until we progress as a club, I can only see this type of thing happening time and time again...

I think you have to look at the bigger picture, than just saying we let them walk for free... I actually agree and have said before we can't become a club that continually allows millions of pounds of players to keep walking away for free, but the reality is, until we become a club that is more mid to top than mid to bottom, players will always see us as a stepping stone onto bigger and better clubs in the PL, which in turn will usually mean players are more valuable playing for us and keeping us in the PL, than they are in sales...

I mean, Lerma's move to Palace just highlights where we are in the pecking order as we've competed with Palace at the wrong end of the table for some time, yet moving there was more favourable than staying with us...

We offered Lerma, JZ and allegedly Kelly, new contracts... Lerma perhaps felt a new challenge away from DC was needed. JZ just wanted away and probably had his head turned by an Italian move, and if Kelly gets an acceptable offer from Spurs, then you could hardly blame him... As much as I'd love to see us offer Kelly a massive contract and him stay...

The problem has always been that we're still essentially the same club, off the field, that we were 10 years ago when PL football first came to DC... Until we progress as a club, I can only see this type of thing happening time and time again...
i agree with a lot of what you say but ultimately Lerma’s limitations meant that he was never quite enticed until he was free. We have to take the money for Kelly as that has to be our business model. Brighton let Trossard go because Mitoma was coming through and there’s a number of examples of that for them.

The issue isn’t that we are a feeder club. We are. We just aren’t bringing through cheap brilliant replacements. We are bringing in expensive average ones.

Not true. Other teams have injured players too you know.

Ps. Is Sinisterra still on the crap list, or did he just need more time?
Oh dear...am I in trouble again.?

I was only generalising....

Sinisterra ?.. as I said it shouldn't be about individual players...he seems a good asset but it's more about the TEAM !

;