Excellent article

"I feel like it’s a point gained," said the Cherries boss. "The games are ticking off as well. If you can’t win then don’t lose. I thought in the first half there was a bit of anxiety about us. We were a bit edgy. In the second half we were more free-flowing.

"We looked like a team that was progressive, and certainly a team that was showing that we want to try and take this game and win it. We were aggressive with the substitutions but it wasn't meant to be."

‘If you can’t win then don’t lose’. I’d imagine this was put up on the wall when we took down ‘anything is possible’

‘If you can’t win then don’t lose’. I’d imagine this was put up on the wall when we took down ‘anything is possible’
"We looked like a team that was progressive, and certainly a team that was showing that we want to try and take this game and win it. We were aggressive with the substitutions but it wasn't meant to be."

First few paragraphs summed up yesterday for me. A glorious day for football. The sun was out, everything was sparkling, t shirt only for the first time this year, a couple of pints pre match to whet the whistle. Good spirits, the final push for promotion. The theatre props were all in place for the feature performance and , well, it was more like a community centre panto than a west end production. What we are about to achieve, and I'm confident, is nothing short of spectacular! AFCB achieving a second promotion to the PL is , when put into perspective, an astonishing achievement that many clubs would give their right hand for. Yet....celebrations at the end were muted, the stands emptied quickly rather than hanging around applauding the players for taking another small step towards promotion and the general mutterings of those walking out were those of frustration. Previous promotion songs were the Match of the day theme, The Reds are going up, E-I-E-I-E-I-O, up the football league we go, when we get promotion, this is what we'll sing, we are Bournemouth, we are Bournemouth, Eddie is our king, to name a few. Nothing yesterday apart from some half hearted Scotty Parker's barmy army and ' we've got super Scotty Parker . The place should've been buzzing yesterday but it was just all too familiar. Parker is taking us up but via a rather slow tour of the Museum of the history of Knitting rather than via a weekend Lads bender at Alton Towers!

Good article. Sums up how I feel about it, though appreciate for what seems to be the majority on here, that's not the case. I can't stand the way we play most of the time, but I do appreciate that Parker's job is to get us to the PL and if he does that it's very hard to complain. This football will absolutely not work in the PL though, so does he have it in him to change it up?

None of us will ever know whether the 2 combined (exciting football plus promotion) would be possible under another manager/football style, but I do feel like we're getting nowhere near the most out of this group. IMO only Travers, Zemura, Solanke and Lerma/Cook (in parts) have had exceptional seasons and yet we are 2nd. It's bizarre.

Good article. Sums up how I feel about it, though appreciate for what seems to be the majority on here, that's not the case. I can't stand the way we play most of the time, but I do appreciate that Parker's job is to get us to the PL and if he does that it's very hard to complain. This football will absolutely not work in the PL though, so does he have it in him to change it up?

None of us will ever know whether the 2 combined (exciting football plus promotion) would be possible under another manager/football style, but I do feel like we're getting nowhere near the most out of this group. IMO only Travers, Zemura, Solanke and Lerma/Cook (in parts) have had exceptional seasons and yet we are 2nd. It's bizarre.

I'd add 8 goals and 6 assists Jaidon Anthony to that list.

;