FACTS 2

AlGard

UTC Legend
Again, find the false one.
Answer around 5pm.
No googling.

Today's topic: Food

1. Chicken contains 266% more fat than it did 40 years ago.

2. Coconut water can be used (in emergencies) as a substitute for blood plasma.

3. Pickled Limes contain 33% more vitamin C than fresh limes.

4. Cheese is the most stolen food in the world.

5. Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds.

6. Fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented in early 1900 in San Francisco.

7. Dynamite is made with peanuts.

8. Eating fast food regularly has the same impact on the liver as hepatitis.

9. The jars of Nutella sold in a year could cover The Great Wall of China 8 times.

10. Almost 70 percent of the red meat eaten globally is goat meat.

Over to you.

I thought dynamite and C4 were almond based, are we counting them as peanuts?

Anyway I'm going for the last one. There's absolutely no way that can be true that Goat meat is the most consumed red meat, it will comfortably be Pork.

Surely got to be 3, I can't see how pickling would increase the vitamin C, and limes are pretty high in that anyway

Although very industrious, master criminals like Jerry or Pixie and Dixie even with a worldwide army of helpers couldn't steal enough cheese to make No 4 true. : )

Since the advent of the Internet, time is the most stolen thing : )

Although very industrious, master criminals like Jerry or Pixie and Dixie even with a worldwide army of helpers couldn't steal enough cheese to make No 4 true. : )

It does say "food item", though.....

Whilst Jerry and Pixie and Dixie couldn't do it, my sister probably could - she's a cheese fiend!

As certain major religions do no eat pork, I doubt that pork is the most consumed red meat. Goat is cheap and popular in the 3rd world, particularly in the Caribbean.

What diamonds are we are referring to. Maybe peanut butter could be used in paste diamonds.

Fresh limes. It is known that the older fresh fruit becomes, the c vitamin content reduces. I would have though pickling the lime might preserve the vitamin c content.

I am not sure what it means by covering the Great Wall of China 8 times. Does it mean stretching the jars length ways along the Wall? Or burying the wall in jars not only once but 8 times? Due to its ambiguity I would go for number 9.

After answering I Googled,
As certain major religions do no eat pork, I doubt that pork is the most consumed red meat. Goat is cheap and popular in the 3rd world, particularly in the Caribbean.

What diamonds are we are referring to. Maybe peanut butter could be used in paste diamonds.

Fresh limes. It is known that the older fresh fruit becomes, the c vitamin content reduces. I would have though pickling the lime might preserve the vitamin c content.

I am not sure what it means by covering the Great Wall of China 8 times. Does it mean stretching the jars length ways along the Wall? Or burying the wall in jars not only once but 8 times? Due to its ambiguity I would go for number 9.

It's Pork. Comfortably pork. Think about it logically, the most populated countries/continents in the world will all be pork. You've got 1bn muslims who don't, Jewish numbers can't be taken seriously as the majority eat pork, but even if you said 6bn people are eating it. Beef you lose 1bn Indians. Far less are eating Goat. The entire population of the Caribbean is only like 50m. It simply doesn't stack up.

I reckon Al's list is wrong as I agree the lime thing doesn't stack up either.

I actually know that four of these are true.

4. Cheese is the most stolen food in the world. This was a newspaper story 5 or 6 years ago.

5. Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds. This was in a scientific journal

6. Fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented in early 1900 in San Francisco. The first sentence is undoubtedly true and modern fortune cookies do indeed originate in San Francisco.

But was the idea brought over from Japan? They have made something similar in Kyoto since the nineteenth century. There is also Japanese tradition of random fortunes sold in temples called omikuji.* Reputedly, the first bakery of fortune cookies in San Francisco and the first provider were both Japanese.

7. Dynamite is made with peanuts. More accurately dynamite CAN be made with peanuts as a source of the raw material glycerol. A student from Nobelgymanasiet in Karlskoga told me this.

So, it has to be one of the other six.

*They still do this. In a temple, you pay about 70p for a pre-printed fortune. Usually, if it is good you keep it. If it is bad, you leave it in the temple in a designated place thereby preventing that possible version of the future. But these rituals do vary. Occasionally you can even buy fortunes printed in English.
These from Kumamoto in Kyushu in 2018.

CIMG0109.JPGCIMG0117.JPG

My fortune said to beware of becoming obsessed with trivia. Nonsense, eh?

Last edited:
I would go for No 1 the chicken (Broilers), chicken feed is now full of supplements. One of the you tube channels i watch.
Market gardener Richard Perkins who lives in Sweden.
Great channel.

;