Fair play to Cllr Sharon Carr-Brown.

Druss_the_Legend

UTC Legend
She's one of Kings Parks new councillors. Before the match today I saw her with a wheelbarrow and shovel clearing the drains in the underpass under the dual carriageway to ensure it didn't flood like it often does with heavy rain.

A cynic might suggest there was more to it but I'd like to think she just takes her job seriously so for once....credit where it's due. My socks appreciated it.

Last edited:
She's one of Kings Parks new councillors. Before you match today I saw her with a wheelbarrow and shovel clearing the drains in the underpass under the dual carriageway to ensure it didn't flood like it often does with heavy rain.

A cynic might suggest there was more to it but I'd like to think she just takes her job seriously so for once....credit where it's due. My socks appreciated it.
Saw her on the way and just assumed she was a resident volunteering… Good on her and a shame some other councillors couldn’t have put their wellies in and helped her…

Last edited:
When we went to Newcastle and won thanks to Steve Cook that underpass was flooded in the morning and a fellow coach traveller ended up with soaked trousers, socks and shoes. There was a similar flooding problem with the next sunbway up and after many years thanks to a very positive Council employee a drain was fitted. I told the Council of the same problem near Fitness First but nothing has been done.

This is not the first time either. I told Sharon about the flooding before a game in September and she was out there with Cllr Anne-Marie Moriarty sweeping away the leaves the next week.

I would say this but elect a Labour councillor and you get someone who deeply cares for their area.

She's one of Kings Parks new councillors. Before the match today I saw her with a wheelbarrow and shovel clearing the drains in the underpass under the dual carriageway to ensure it didn't flood like it often does with heavy rain.

I had a new pair of trainers on today and feared the worst on the approach - so hear hear

This is not the first time either. I told Sharon about the flooding before a game in September and she was out there with Cllr Anne-Marie Moriarty sweeping away the leaves the next week.

I would say this but elect a Labour councillor and you get someone who deeply cares for their area.
That is good to hear. I didn't realise this was not the first time.

It's good we have some people elected now who care about their position. I'm in the Muscliff Throop ward and we have some great independents.

Last edited:
that subway was a nightmare as I used to walk across golf course to Chaseside each morning pre covid.

Several of us called the council but obviously fell on death ears.

We started using a branch/log to try and navigate it when flooded :D

It's good we have some people elected now who care about their position. I'm in the Muscliff Throop ward and we have some great independents.
You posh tit. I bet you've got 3 horses and a slave pony.
Don't preach to me about your views again you mug.

Independent? Sold out to the wishy washies.

;