Fans Champion

Winsor Cherry

Star Player

This is my Dad who will be 90 later this month. I was so proud to see him on Saturday and found it a very emotional experience. I loved the fact that so many at Dean Court listened to Mike Botto and then stood and really applauded when Dad walked on with the match ball.

It meant the world to him & he is now constantly talking about it. I visited him yesterday and my sister has set him up on Twitter so he could see Mike's Tweet and read the lovely comments from our marvelous fans. He is the last person to use any social media, so he floored me when he said "This might go viral & it's got 186likes!". It made me think that social media does do some good, so perhaps by me sharing how much all this has meant maybe one or two of us that use twitter could add either a quick like or twitter comment on Mike Bottos post. As yet Dad doesn't use vitals but I'm working on him, perhaps in another 90yrs!

We all have one thing in common and that is our love for AFCB and what a unique special club we have. So thank you once again AFCB, Mike Botto & us the fans for making his day or should I say year. .:utc:

Hear-hear! It was lovely to see your Dad walk out on Saturday and I think the Fans Champion thing is a great idea. It was only as we were taking our seats before kick off that I realised your Dad sat on the same row as me and I had a chance to have a quick chat with him after the game. Only a brief chat, but seemed a lovely man. Told him he’d got a good game to be fans champion, obviously brought us luck! All the best to your Dad.

This is my Dad who will be 90 later this month. I was so proud to see him on Saturday and found it a very emotional experience. I loved the fact that so many at Dean Court listened to Mike Botto and then stood and really applauded when Dad walked on with the match ball.

It meant the world to him & he is now constantly talking about it. I visited him yesterday and my sister has set him up on Twitter so he could see Mike's Tweet and read the lovely comments from our marvelous fans. He is the last person to use any social media, so he floored me when he said "This might go viral & it's got 186likes!". It made me think that social media does do some good, so perhaps by me sharing how much all this has meant maybe one or two of us that use twitter could add either a quick like or twitter comment on Mike Bottos post. As yet Dad doesn't use vitals but I'm working on him, perhaps in another 90yrs!

We all have one thing in common and that is our love for AFCB and what a unique special club we have. So thank you once again AFCB, Mike Botto & us the fans for making his day or should I say year. .:utc:

I wasn't able to be there to see it, but I feel as though your Dad represented all of our Dads, many of whom are no longer with us and will therefore not get that experience.

Things like this make me so proud to support Bournemouth.

Just got there as he was getting soaked - didn't know what was going on but it seemed such a jovial atmosphere and he clearly went down well as everyone was clapping and cheering him, including the Villa fans, as I walked in so I just joined in.

Looks great for his age too, especially for someone who's just been drenched.

Didn't know he had a famous son. I was going to mention him in my thoughts about the match but I'd already played my Columbo card. As others have said, loved the style and showmanship, lifting the ball aloft to all four stands. Got a well deserved ovation from all the corners of The Court. Things like this always bring a warm smile to our faces.
: )

;