Favourite ever away day....

Dagenham and Redbridge in 2009 - it was the game that brought me home after 15 years in exile. Lost my mind (and my voice) when Molesley scored.

Villa park 71.We lost but the noise from the Holt end when Villa scored their second will stay with me for good.
Coming away from cold blow lane unscathed in the 80's was a bonus.

Saturday was right up there for me - absolutely loved the whole day. Tbh my favourite away days depending on having as big a group as possible on the beers so brilliant games like Burton and Birmingham will always be trumped by Fulham 2015, Chelsea 1-0, West Ham X2, Newcastle and some Brilliant trips to Bristol.

Doesn't always depend on the win either. When we absolutely robbed Hove of a point at the Withdean after Fletch won a pen by handballing it outside the box - brilliant day.

Brentford and Burton as already mentioned, but also Man City at Maine Road in 1989
...3-3 with Luther Blisset penalty to equalise in the last minute after being 3 down. More recently Newcastle away in our first Premier League season...10 pints, 3 points, friendly locals and the whole ground singing derogatory songs to Steve 'hair island' McLaren. Priceless!

Brenford shades it for me, as you were crying like baby at the end. :throw:

As was I :grinning:

Brenford shades it for me, as you were crying like baby at the end. :throw:

As was I :grinning:

Sitting in the home end (as I’m from this area) this was the game, as a youngster, that got me supporting the Cherries. An amazing victory and even as a 10 year old I remember all those corners at the end of the game!!

Quite a few of those already mentioned.
Purely for football reasons, as turned up for game and left straight after, wil add 3-0 win at Bristol City. Evening ko, expecting a tough time from their top man Leroy Lita, we gave a lesson in how to play.
Was the time of everyone singing la la la....cherries are the team for me. Great volume, great atmosphere

Obviously not "favourite" at the time, but Carlisle away in 2008 and watching us draw and get relegated to League 2. Absolutely miserable at the time, but I'm so glad that I went to that one as I feel it keeps me in check when I see us going head to head with the top teams in the world now and holding our own when just 10 years ago, things were so different.

Most have been called out, one new one to add, Newcastle away in 92 .. not the 2-2, first live penalty shoot out ... but the 15 minutes the week before. 16 hours of travel for 15 minutes of football, to see a third of the pitch
I was on the coach for that one :cautious:

Agree with most of the above
But have a very soft spot for Cambridge Utd 2 AFCB 2 on 1st September 2001.
Wade Elliott 25yd left foot screamer to level it up in the first half.
Another Wade screamer with his right to get us a point in the last 5 mins - about 300 of us went mental.
Then to the nearest pub to the ground - with a bunch of CU fans - to watch England put 5 past Germany. Went mental again.
Then got shitfaced with a town full of very happy people.
A great weekend!

More recently Newcastle away in our first Premier League season...10 pints, 3 points, friendly locals and the whole ground singing derogatory songs to Steve 'hair island' McLaren. Priceless!

Put me down for that one. The older ones are a distant memory (that Brentford YouTube clip took me back) but winning at the Toon was the game that made me realize we were going to survive in the premier league. Two great goals from Charlie and Joshua. Very boozy train home. Superb

Does the Millennium count as an away day?

Southampton League Cup at the Dell was 87 USCherry - kept in the ground for what seemed like hours after the game and nearly missed the last train back to Waterloo

Obviously not "favourite" at the time, but Carlisle away in 2008 and watching us draw and get relegated to League 2. Absolutely miserable at the time, but I'm so glad that I went to that one as I feel it keeps me in check when I see us going head to head with the top teams in the world now and holding our own when just 10 years ago, things were so different.

Agree - that one lives long in the memory (not least for the edgy walk back to the car) & provides stark contrast to current times. Josh Gowling was the source of our ire, if I recall.

Most have been called out, one new one to add, Newcastle away in 92 .. not the 2-2, first live penalty shoot out ... but the 15 minutes the week before. 16 hours of travel for 15 minutes of football, to see a third of the pitch
I got there 15 minutes late, paid my fiver, walked on to the terrace and the ref abandoned the game. I didn't even see a ball get kicked!

Several of the above, especially Charlton, Birmingham, Chelsea (Murray) and West Ham (4-3) but one that's always lived long in the memory was Bradford away in 1982, the first promotion I witnessed, also the first I really remember.

Conceded a last minute equaliser to make it 2-2, prompting a pitch invasion by the City fans, but both sides got promoted. Earlier in the afternoon a City fan was in the away area waving a knife around.

Hideous endless coach journey up, delirious journey back including, I seem to recall, the usual lively pub stop in Brackley.

Happy days.....

;