Fifteen years ago

Great day. Went with my Dad and brother on a minibus from Dorchester. Think it was 24th May as my brother had been out celebrating the night before. He threw up in a plastic bag on the way and had to hold on to it til a services stop!

Was never certain we were going to wn even at 5-2!

no idea which pub we went in. had too many beers. match a bit hazy. great day :)

Will live long in the memory. Can't believe 15 years have gone by tho.

What happened to the other 3 teams promoted from the 4th tier that year?

A great day out obviously, some top class goals but that Purches length of the pitch goal was something we will always remember I'm sure. Only downside if being picky....having the roof closed....and no national anthem being sung. That was due to Cardiff also being in a play-off final that weekend and as they couldn't have the Welsh anthem sung, nothing was sung!

The closed roof meant the atmosphere sounded like one shrill noise....terrible. We were high up in the gods to one side where amazingly the Lincoln Transit Elite and the Cardiff Soul Crew were going at each other hammer and tongs.

I was there with my dad right behind the goal,great day out.
I had a new digital camera and took a load of pictures and remember being quite disappointed with them as I thought my old 36mm was much better.
Fletch scored probably his best ever goal ,and Purches goal was probably the best counter attack I've seen from an AFCB team.

I was there. Doing a teacher training placement at the time and remember travelling an hour to work with another student and putting them through this all the way there and back. It was my car, so my choice of music!!

...great day in our history, remeber being a bit nervous until the 5th goal went in!..met up with some Lincoln friends of mine before the game, but they were nowhere to be seen afterwards...and haven't seen them since!

Great day and one of the best months of my life, May 2003. Carlisle away, Bury away, a stag do in Prague, then Cardiff! (not great for the liver..)

transgender (haha Transit van) from Poole, then that amazing pub beforehand. Great day out...

Agreed re: Keith Alexander. RIP Big man.

Great day and one of the best months of my life, May 2003. Carlisle away, Bury away, a stag do in Prague, then Cardiff! (not great for the liver..)

transgender (haha Transit van) from Poole, then that amazing pub beforehand. Great day out...

Agreed re: Keith Alexander. RIP Big man.

I was in koh pha ngan for full moon party at the time.may or may not have been transgenders involved, difficult to tell and I was smashed... honest.

The day after the semi-final against Bury we flew to Durban for an England match arriving back Saturday morning of the Final in Cardiff and driving straight there with my mate from Lincoln. This was booked five months beforehand and planned just in case either of us reached the play-offs! Worked out perfectly didn't it, well for me anyway, my mate wasn't so pleased.

Probably the last time we took a "special " train ?

The amount of grief involved in organising that train! There may be a Dave Stone along to correct me but the potential financial penalties in the event anything untoward happened, that was 'deemed hooliganism' were a tad worrying at the time.

The coppers who accompanied us - but got off before Cardiff - were quite relaxed though.

;