Footballers’ union threatens legal action

Sad b@stards ! Look at the squad sizes For F√cks Sake !!!
The amount of highly paid players not getting enough game time !!!

Last edited:
A Union standing up for its members against greed and corruption. Brian’s in first. No prizes for guessing who comes next.

Simple play less games and top players take big pay cuts
If only that would work. We live in a capitalist society where money is more important than values. Can you imagine any union saying to their members that if you work fewer hours you’ll get less money and as your union we support that.

I think some of these extra tournaments that they mentioned like the World club tournament that Manchester City are in are just not needed.

All our domestic teams should only be involved in the league and cup competitions, plus the usual Champions League and Europa ones.

Everything else should be scrapped or not started.

I think some of these extra tournaments that they mentioned like the World club tournament that Manchester City are in are just not needed.

All our domestic teams should only be involved in the league and cup competitions, plus the usual Champions League and Europa ones.

Everything else should be scrapped or not started.
Money talks.

Are they going to use this to try to have a smaller Premier
League? Hope not.

Answers: 1. Use the whole squad more. 2. If players are out injured, meaning rotation isn't possible, allow others not named in the original squad to be used (this might already be allowed. I'm not sure). 3. Set limits for the number of matches a player is allowed to play in. 4. Make it a statutory requirement for players to be able to have a certain number of days off. 4. Let them have Christmas Day and Boxing Day off.

I actually think the new club World Cup is a good idea. Helps develop the game in different counties, gives the big clubs some organised structure. Sure it lines the pockets of FIFA, but you’ve got to be pragmatic with some things.

If Manchester City and Chelsea weren’t in this new tournament they’d sign up to a pre season friendly tour or two of USA and Saudi Arabia anyway and organise it themselves. The new tournament wouldn’t add any games to those clubs schedule. It would just decide it for them, rather than them work out which was the most lucrative.

If only that would work. We live in a capitalist society where money is more important than values. Can you imagine any union saying to their members that if you work fewer hours you’ll get less money and as your union we support that.
You are right but most unions represent low paid workers rather than millionaires

You are right but most unions represent low paid workers rather than millionaires
Fair point but recently we've seen barristers, doctors, airline pilots, train drivers (everybody says they're highly paid) and many other high earners go on strike. What about the NFU? Although they're always complaining about their lot has anyone ever met a poor farmer?

EUFA started it all by having the new Europa Conference League.
No doubt they are thinking up something for the winners of the 2nd leagues.

I think it would work like that in football. These bigger formats with more games are obviously designed to boost revenues. Sure the greedy money men will get their cut but some of it will filter through to the players. Restricting total games will restrict their wages.

;