For the first time in my life…..

I imagine the fans who travelled did.
Well, repeat of afcb in the cup. I used to go to games as a different day out knowing Eddie would drop most regulars and sure enough we got tonked at the likes of millwall Wigan as well as lower opposition like Burton. Annoying but not a surprise and never criticised those who didn’t travel knowing it was going to be a ****************-show. Came home annoyed but sort of knew it was going to happen so not much point complaining.

As for saints - have one objective and that is to go back up in an affordable way. This cup is an irritant and nothing more.

A quick look at their forum says otherwise. They actually have their very own Waz but he's called Baz...

Automatic promotion looks miles away, so many of our squad are nowhere near good enough. Possession football with a leaky defense and no cutting edge give us this.
See my other response.

How many fans get upset over league cup now?

See my other response.

How many fans get upset over league cup now?
That’s kind of the point though. All competitions have been devalued simply because of the wealth on offer in the Prem.

It’s now cool to just not bother.

The football league cup feels like it’s had its time. Up and down the leagues no one takes it seriously. It gives a chance for fringe and reserve players to make an appearance, the occasional youngster or first team player coming back from injury.

But as teams see it as an inconvenience the interest amongst fans won’t peak until the latter stages, if they survive that long.

Personally wouldn’t be against the EFL trying something new with it to freshen it up. Do a British Cup with Scotland, make it different. It would lose its UEFA qualification spot but that hardly ever gets used anyway with the winners often qualifying via the league.

It would never happen though.

The top 7 are not interested in it until the latter stages, all of a sudden its their only chance to win some silver, thus having a good season.

The top 7 are not interested in it until the latter stages, all of a sudden its their only chance to win some silver, thus having a good season.

Pretty much every PL is not interested until the latter stages anymore. Even a significant % of the 2nd tier dont bother either.

The rewards versus retaining PL survival mean its simply not remotely worth the risk of fielding a strong team, potentially picking injuries any more.

That’s kind of the point though. All competitions have been devalued simply because of the wealth on offer in the Prem.

Not as far as I'm concerned Rob.
I've always thought it was a totally meaningless, pointless competition when we have a strong league structure and l great all inclusive domestic cup comp already.

It seems that Gillyhoof now have an American owner although that rather unpleasant fellow Scally is still involved with them as a minority shareholder.

I hate the premier league tbh and used to love the cups but the world has moved on so don’t see it changing again for a while. Not sure it’s cool as new norm?

Think the cups are very relevant for some teams - so teams like spurs Villa and recently Newcastle should try to win them or league 1/2 teams that need money try to progress

Teams like Watford and saints that are desperate to get out of champ shouldn’t bother imho as the cash from prem is too much.

I see league cup for afcb as a good way of giving the 25 man squad getting fitness tbh. Good to mix it up and progress if we can but not risking injury to key players. Post the mad Christmas fixture congestion then maybe reassess depending on league position and player availability

;