Forest docked 4 points

There’s more reliable sources other than BBC or sky these days, just stick it on Twitter/X And you’ll see a host of reliable sources.

Yep.

They used to, appeal that is, what with Cloughie, winning things as an underdog an' all that but not now. All this "Back were they belong" "World famous City ground" "Bestest, Loudest fans in the world" crap from them and that Radio 5 Forest supporter. Also seem to get a lecture about how tinpot and deluded our club is for sacking (a) Parker then (b) O'Neil from their fans in the Bridgeford chip shop, every season. Christ! guys, I've just travelled the best part of 200 miles, all I want is some salt and vinegar on my battered sausage and chips. I don't need a lecture about "respecting" people. I want to eat my chips in peace, with my Good Lady, anyone else from The Riverside Rocket and any passing Cherry.

They don't now : )

Ps the more I think about the coin tossers up in the Upper Bridgeford, the less they appeal. Luckily I had my Safety Turkey hat on but there were other disabled fans around us and young families just to our right ( Grrrr, angry face and all that) : )

The ruling had been widely expected on Monday, signalling the continuation of developments within the relegation battle even without a ball being kicked. The top flight today begins a two-week break for international action but drama was anticipated despite that gap between games. More will unfold with Everton’s hearing soon to take place and with any punishment stemming from that expected to be imposed this season as well.

It means the integrity of the Premier League table remains in doubt with the real state of play in the relegation fight still unclear - and likely to remain so for weeks to come.

The issue is that going into admin is only 9 points so any penalty for breaching ffp has to be in that context ie isn’t as bad as admin.

However this is no deterrent for most clubs so Newcastle should ignore it, incur a big loss and then use higher income to make up the deficit next season. That isn’t a bad thing necessarily and it restores the transfer window excitement that was missing in January and suddenly made the prem briefly lose its mantle as most media interesting. It does mean wolves maybe cut their cloth too much in august?

Don't really understand how we are not in breach, or at risk come next season......
Of course, if we are, and there is a points deduction, it will be massively more than this because the powers that be love to screw us over.

Forest has a kinder schedule than Luton going forward.

Everton schedule very soft - AFCB, Burnley, Forest, Brentford, Luton, Sheffield United.

We lost £55m in our promotion season 21/22, but made a profit of £17m the season before. We haven't published our a/cs for 22/23 yet - they should be out very soon.
My guess is that we may be at risk next season but it is not as simple as just transfers in and out. Director share issues, development costs etc all get taken into consideration but I suspect Bill Foley is up to speed on the issue.

The issue is that going into admin is only 9 points so any penalty for breaching ffp has to be in that context ie isn’t as bad as admin.

However this is no deterrent for most clubs so Newcastle should ignore it, incur a big loss and then use higher income to make up the deficit next season. That isn’t a bad thing necessarily and it restores the transfer window excitement that was missing in January and suddenly made the prem briefly lose its mantle as most media interesting. It does mean wolves maybe cut their cloth too much in august?

I've seen this argument about as well but in my mind they are independent offences. You can go into administration while remaining within FFP and you can breach FFP without going into administration.

You'd think, if anything, FFP is designed to prevent teams going into administration.

A maximum possible penalty of 8 points is nothing if you have a blank cheque ready to spend.

I've seen this argument about as well but in my mind they are independent offences. You can go into administration while remaining within FFP and you can breach FFP without going into administration.

You'd think, if anything, FFP is designed to prevent teams going into administration.

A maximum possible penalty of 8 points is nothing if you have a blank cheque ready to spend.

Yes that's the interesting thing about it.

If going by the admin thing, it's probably worth some (many?) clubs just ignoring the rules and just going for it?

Interesting league table of finances.
Like I said on another thread... I think we could be forced into some sales this summer to offset some of last summer's spending... Who was the last big money sale we made? Has to have been in the relegation season when we saw Ake, Ramsdale and Wilson all leave...???

I still believe we will probably see Dom, Kerkez and Zab go for circa £100m for the 3. A bonus we be recouping some of our money on Traore.

Like I said on another thread... I think we could be forced into some sales this summer to offset some of last summer's spending... Who was the last big money sale we made? Has to have been in the relegation season when we saw Ake, Ramsdale and Wilson all leave...???

I still believe we will probably see Dom, Kerkez and Zab go for circa £100m for the 3. A bonus we be recouping some of our money on Traore.
Danjuma.

;