Forty years ago today

We drew 1-1 in the FA Cup at The (old) Avenue, Dorchester. Who here went, and to the replay?

At the time I was living in Dorchester so it was like a home game for me.
I went. Was sat in the little mini stand behind Kenny Allen who must have got through a pack of cigs in 90 minutes

Here was me thinking you were referencing the free live stream of the Metallica 40 year anniversary concerts!

Freezing cold, only one of the few games on that day. Sat on the wall at one end until halftime the we when behind the goal we were attacking, Crawford ?scored the equaliser, fence collapsed, fans on the pitch.

I was there, at the time I had a leather coat and at some point during the game the crowd surged forward and someone stood on my coat and ripped it. It was really cold as well.

Went to the away game, remember them
Scoring and I thought it had to be Trevor senior. Lively atmosphere but couldn’t say much more about it than that!

I went. Was sat in the little mini stand behind Kenny Allen who must have got through a pack of cigs in 90 minutes
Wow Kenny Allen good goalkeeper and reported on all home games for hospital radio. And a really nice guy.

Went to both, chaos at Dorch when the pitchside wall collapsed. Jim Davidson on pitch to try and sort it out. A lot of ale consumed before the game. Good day out.

I was there. Remember the fence collapsing. I thought Crawford missed a penalty rather than scoring? (otherwise Echo headline would have read “Crawford’s cracker means hard cheese for Magpies”

I was there, but all I can remember is the numbing cold. It was freezing that afternoon. Don't think my feet thawed out until we got back to B'th. No memory of the replay but I'm sure I would have been there.

afcbpaul Kenny Allen wasn't the Hospital Radio reporter that was Tony Allen also a goal keeper from way back who never played for the first team.

I was there. Can't remember much about the game, but I do remember the front windows of The Antelope pub getting broken from the inside. Naughty Bournemouth supporters smashing up my home town! The replay was equally forgettable, I guess.

I was there. Can't remember much about the game, but I do remember the front windows of The Antelope pub getting broken from the inside. Naughty Bournemouth supporters smashing up my home town! The replay was equally forgettable, I guess.
The Antelope was a dive anyway. Now The George...

;