Franno on Howe departure

Good question. Persuaded by Mostyn?

QUOTE="davidwhitehead, post: 402184, member: 986"]If Max wanted Eddie out in January, then why didn't he simply fire him ?[/QUOTE]

From Max's point of view, it might have been better to have sacked Eddie back in January, when it was obvious that things had fallen apart, rather than wait until relegation was confirmed.

There isn't much actual difference between "Eddie sacked" and "mutual consent" if Max presented Eddie with a new set of working conditions he couldn't accept.

Eddie had the clubs best interest at heart which is why he left.
Max and Eddie weren't as close as they were made out to be and the rumours of Max wanting him out earlier on are true.
Max wants his money back, understandable but this why JT is in charge, he's closer to Max, saves him money and his task is to claw back the debt and sell the assets. Ground won't be bought back, no new stadium. Training ground will be slow if it does get finished, too slow for Eddie, visions weren't shared or honored.
Disappointing outcome but expected as per usual from this cluster phucking phuck of club and the yes men in charge like Mostyn, Blake and Hughes. Sick of it. Potential missed.

I'm sure Eddie resigned....I think one of the factors was that he blamed himself for the Fraser debacle... not having full control of the wee tw@t.. ..and its effect on the season. As much as people like Cook, Gosling and Francis etc tried to rally the other players...it was all in vain..then along came Covid...Eddie became tired and somewhat detached.. so took a decision...Enough. Gave himself and the Club a chance for New Direction.

Honourable end really....left the club with much higher status than he found it

From Max's point of view, it might have been better to have sacked Eddie back in January, when it was obvious that things had fallen apart, rather than wait until relegation was confirmed.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I think it's a good thing that he's gone now for both sides, however it happened. I believe he made some ridiculous decisions throughout the season and harsh though it might sound as we owed Eddie so much, I think we'd have comfortably stayed up if Max had got rid sooner.

I think after the Newcastle game (possibly earlier) Max should have sounded Eddie out about his commitment to a promotion push in the Championship.

If Eddie couldn’t give those reassurances a change should have been made there and then to have given us the best chance of staying up.

As it happened we had the worse of both worlds. Sleep walked towards relegation and lost the manager anyway.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I think it's a good thing that he's gone now for both sides, however it happened. I believe he made some ridiculous decisions throughout the season and harsh though it might sound as we owed Eddie so much, I think we'd have comfortably stayed up if Max had got rid sooner.

Eddie made mistakes tactically and at times financially (although there's no way he wanted every player we signed) but at least Eddie had the clubs interest at heart, loved the club and wanted to grow the club, build the training ground, stadium and to have talented players. Max is a businessman, he's done alot for us which we'll never forget but now it's time to to collect what is owed and he's not going to build the infrastructure we need so perhaps it is best he claims back his debt and sells and hopefully sells to someone with a bit more belief who can see the potential.

Eddie made mistakes tactically and at times financially (although there's no way he wanted every player we signed) but at least Eddie had the clubs interest at heart, loved the club and wanted to grow the club, build the training ground, stadium and to have talented players. Max is a businessman, he's done alot for us which we'll never forget but now it's time to to collect what is owed and he's not going to build the infrastructure we need so perhaps it is best he claims back his debt and sells and hopefully sells to someone with a bit more belief who can see the potential.
If it was purely a business decision, you wonder what made him go for a club with totally inadequate infrastructure for the league he's trying to get into and he couldn't of known that eddie would have got him to the premier league that quickly. I like to think there is more to it than that but we'll soon see if he continues with the training ground project. To be honest and on a personal level, I've done all the big premier league grounds and I'm not to worried about going back there, if we can't be at least be a yo yo club and that means as far as I'm concerned, having the academy and adequate sized stadium and as you say someone with a bit more belief in the potential of this club.

can I insist on asking that the fookin street name is always quoted in this game please, otherwise its meaningless!

Eddie did more for the club than all the managers before him , harry took the club for as much as he could and most of the previsions owners ripped the club off big time .Remember the club only bought the ground and land around it for £1 what did they do build houses on some of the land where did all that money go .At least Max put his hand in his pocket and supported the club and backed Eddie but Eddie wanted a new ground and training site as something for the fans .Where did it all go wrong ,I have no idea but bearing in mind the catchment area for fans and the area to attract players the club has and still has one of the best locations in the Europe .I just hope we do not fade away down to where we where .

It has to be Orchard Street.

Whatever happened to that model railway layout.Never did get to see it,parents too tight as ever.Did buy my first tamiya model kit(out of my birthday money)German 88mm gun.Stange thing is it's still virtually the same price as it was 40 years ago!!

;