FSA on season ticket prices

When your teams football gets worse every season it would be counterproductive to raise prices.

Well done to Stoke for not raising prices when quality has declined.

Take note McDonalds and Temu.

It's simple supply and demand.

There are 30,000 plastic Man City supporters who can't get a season ticket who would, if they were available.

When demand outstrips supply, prices rise.

Hence why, with the smallest, or second smallest stadium in the PL, Foley and Frivola, are probably quite confident that in their case demand outstrips supply.

Hence higher prices.

If they weren't confident that in our case demand outstrips supply, I doubt they would have plans for a new stadium.

It's simple economics, and has shaped the price point from illicit substances to house prices since day dot.

It's called the price point equilibrium, and usually sorts itself out over time.

Stoke being in a much lower league has made the prize freeze the common sense approach

Succesful, top 6 sides raise their prices...whatever next.

It's price point equilibrium.

It's simple supply and demand.

There are 30,000 plastic Man City supporters who can't get a season ticket who would, if they were available.

When demand outstrips supply, prices rise.

Hence why, with the smallest, or second smallest stadium in the PL, Foley and Frivola, are probably quite confident that in their case demand outstrips supply.

Hence higher prices.

If they weren't confident that in our case demand outstrips supply, I doubt they would have plans for a new stadium.

It's simple economics, and has shaped the price point from illicit substances to house prices since day dot.

It's called the price point equilibrium, and usually sorts itself out over time.

Stoke being in a much lower league has made the prize freeze the common sense approach

Succesful, top 6 sides raise their prices...whatever next.

It's price point equilibrium.

In the case of City, their prices are lower than most. It’s PSR that’s driving the price hike.

Supply and demand again DJ

When you have 60,000 seats (as an example, I don't know the capacity of the City ground) you are able to make a price point on the cost of a season ticket.

When you have 11,000 seats but are supplying a similar product (PL football) you would be inclined to raise prices knowing demand is higher than supply.

The average attendance of most PL games is probably nearly double, or perhaps nearer to 1.7 X our ground capacity.

That should indicate a stadium expansion, and or, a price rise to those 11,000.

Man Cty have one of the highest season ticket prices in the PL, and rightfully so....they offer the best product.

It's about creating revenue.

Fulham 3000 x 24,000

Or man City 1200 x 60,0000

Same revenue created.

So of course Man City can charge less, they have more fans (larger stadium capacity).

Man Cty have one of the highest season ticket prices in the PL, and rightfully so....they offer the best product.

They’ve actually always had one of if not the lowest.

The supply and demand isn’t pushing the hike, it’s FFP and PSR rules and clubs spending that means they have to push things up.

There’s plenty of money in football from tv revenue, or in the case of Manchester City oil. But clubs spend and spend more and more regardless of income or owner investment.

Focus on Manchester City but discusses football prices in general.

I haven't travelled up there in a while but I remember it being pretty cheap and they struggled to fill their ground.

Also, remember as of something like 2017 the owner had invested £1.5B into the club. I'm guessing FFP has since limited his direct investment. It's no surprise he's turning to squeezing the fans a bit.

Reactions: DJ
I haven't travelled up there in a while but I remember it being pretty cheap and they struggled to fill their ground.

Also, remember as of something like 2017 the owner had invested £1.5B into the club. I'm guessing FFP has since limited his direct investment. It's no surprise he's turning to squeezing the fans a bit.

They regularly fail to sell their allocation at Wembley.

Easy to spot empty seats in the home areas on my last visit (22-23 season). Little old Bournemouth presumably not the greatest attraction. It's not called the "emptyhad" for nothing.

;