Fulham v AFC Bournemouth

Hey - Riverside Rocket- how ya doing? M3 looking pretty clear ATM

Was busy wading through this thread, think I missed a lovely sunset whilst doing it : )

We're currently hurtling along the Mway towards Fleet. Last few miles took ages to get there but it was worth it. New wheelchair area is new but strangely still the same. Good friendly stewards, not a great view but we've had worse. Bit disorganized, 6 wheelchair users and pas left waiting about post match for crowd to disperse. Not bad today because the weather was ok.

14 wheelchair users, impressive turn out. Our fans were equally impressive, totally outsang Fulham. Entertaining match, if somewhat nerve shredding. Don't feel we stood off them when in front, I think they upped their game. Fulham are good going forward but poor at the back. Penalty was down the other end, so not getting drawn into that : )

If Gary O'Neil was getting the results and performances for another club as a caretaker, I'm sure there'd be a clamour to get him here : )

All in all, an enjoyable day out, more entertaining than the the two nil nils. And we've missed Mr Trent today : )

1) It was a Premier League penalty, it wouldn't have been a Championship penalty. Mitrovic pulled Lerma on top of him, well played, we would praise one of our own players if they won a penalty.
2) VAR continues to seem biased...
3) What was Marco Silva doing playing an injured centre forward. All the work of the midfield and wide men of Fulham came to nothing because he couldn't move or jump. Poor management. (All he could do was fall down!)
4) Mepham is a good Premiership defender. Solanke ran himself into the ground. Moore could have come on a touch earlier, been an outlet once Dom was knackered. Neto looked comfortable.
5) Well done GO'N keep going :)

Silva was desperate to get Mitrovic back, he has scored in 6 of the 9 games he has played in, with a brace of goals in one match.

Game changed when Willian and the little Welsh lad came on. GON saved us a point by shifting us into a five – well done Gazza.

Would have snapped your hand off for a point before the game, but it does kind of sting when we’ve led the game twice.

We do look dangerous when we attack though. Saints must be worried

We need to really go at Stains from the off…would play Jay Z and Anthony from the start and switch Tavernier to the right in place of Christie ?….besides Fredericks is going to need to be shot to win a penalty!

Stream was a bit jumpy so not sure what one you mean. Was it the same type of incident? Or did Moore go down cheaper than Mitrovic?
Moore didn't go down as he was more interested in heading the ball, mitrovic fell over and looked at the ref with his arms spread out even though he would never of got anywhere near the ball for a header.
you see these infringments in every game and nine times out of ten nothing happens, i could understand the penalty if he was trying to head the ball but he wasn't any where near the ball.

Was busy wading through this thread, think I missed a lovely sunset whilst doing it : )

We're currently hurtling along the Mway towards Fleet. Last few miles took ages to get there but it was worth it. New wheelchair area is new but strangely still the same. Good friendly stewards, not a great view but we've had worse. Bit disorganized, 6 wheelchair users and pas left waiting about post match for crowd to disperse. Not bad today because the weather was ok.

14 wheelchair users, impressive turn out. Our fans were equally impressive, totally outsang Fulham. Entertaining match, if somewhat nerve shredding. Don't feel we stood off them when in front, I think they upped their game. Fulham are good going forward but poor at the back. Penalty was down the other end, so not getting drawn into that : )

If Gary O'Neil was getting the results and performances for another club as a caretaker, I'm sure there'd be a clamour to get him here : )

All in all, an enjoyable day out, more entertaining than the the two nil nils. And we've missed Mr Trent today : )
Missed being there to make it 15 wheelchair users! Hopefully back for Leeds. Will DM you now.

Game changed when Willian and the little Welsh lad came on. GON saved us a point by shifting us into a five – well done Gazza.

Would have snapped your hand off for a point before the game, but it does kind of sting when we’ve led the game twice.

We do look dangerous when we attack though. Saints must be worried
Not sure the game changed due to their subs to be honest, more to do with our approach. Cairney retained the ball well for them but Willian didn’t offer an awful lot of quality.

3 penalty claims shown on MOTD and by far the weakest one the only one awarded. It is getting a bit ridiculous
Typical media coverage - lineker reviews the one given but not the two we should have had.

I think that, sadly, treat afcb wrongly gets little coverage, treat bigger club wrong gets the headlines. No doubt influences refs sub-consciously.

Time for afcb to make an official complaint

Having seen their penalty incident, a good ref having a good game wouldn't give it. A mediocre ref having a good game probably wouldn't have given it. A mediocre ref having a mediocre game probably would give it.

That's our problem because we're only Bournemouth, they only need to be mediocre. A big club and all the surrounding scrutiny, raises their game. Make that decision and cost a "Big Club" 2 points, Motd, Sky, Sav and Sutts, Dermot Gallagher, Miriam Margolyes et al dissect it over the weekend, that ref's not reffing for a fortnight. Goes against Bournemouth (again), barely moves the needle on the Tut-o-meter. All we can do, is play well enough to win by 2 goals to win by 1 : )

Over all though, still pleased with the way Gary O'Neil has forged a team with the players he has. It's great to be able to follow them around the country and be part of our excellent away support : )

Takes some doing to pull someone over when you're not touching them with your hands and they somehow manage to fall backwards

This picture angle convinces me it wasn't a pen - on first view I could see why it was given - also damning is Silva's comment on Sky Sports. "On the penalty decision: "I have seen it and I understand what Gary [O'Neil] is saying, but for sure Gary saw our game at West Ham last week."

Decoding this appears to be "Of course it wasn't a penalty but we were robbed last match, so we'll take this luck"

;