Fullbacks discussion

Tommy Heffernan was my fist full back I remember watching. And Mark Nightingale.

Always just think of Bungle from Rainbow when I think of Tommy Heff though. Must be that perm he had ;)

Francis ..'quickly found out in the PL'........has been referenced....

...laugh.....and this lot will not be ? Have not already been ?

And that Kerkez and Aaron's are better prospects to serve us in a few years time...better than Francis or Daniels ever were !

But... that's if they are still with us .. and do not use us as a stepping stone to the likes of Liverpool or Manu.

The Big Picture.. .is where it all lies .. where the guesswork should start !

Mark Newson was pretty decent and of course Younger....but Franno my standout favourite.

Makes me laugh when I hear people say Franno was slow. He caught a full paced Vardy over 20 yards when Vardy had a 2-3 yard headstart.....straight line he was pretty quick but maybe I agree not so quick when made to twist and turn

I think that is the business model.
It seems so.... a ' business model' which means the fans are never ultimately satisfied in terms of the club achieving a title win or close to it...and getting somewhere in a Euro Tournament......just a Money Making venture for the owners...purely that...profit for a lifestyle of a few!

It seems so.... a ' business model' which means the fans are never ultimately satisfied in terms of the club achieving a title win or close to it...and getting somewhere in a Euro Tournament......just a Money Making venture for the owners...purely that...profit for a lifestyle of a few!
I’m generally satisfied.

Not many football club’s return a profit.

I don’t know what the current figure is for BHAFC, last one I heard was £400 Million owed to Tony Bloom.

Francis and Daniels are the best fullbacks we've ever had - by right of achievement in getting us to the PL and by then making an impact in the PL by being individually great proper attacking fullback's and solid defensively.
Their trademark down the flank overlapping runs were the spine of Eddie's philopshy and both were excellent crossers. Yes at times they would get done by pace and class by some world class wingers like Hazard and Mane but they were integral in our rise and the 5 years of PL under Eddie.

Having said after 5 games i do love Kerkez, he is special, get's stuck in runs down that flank like Charlie did and is only 19 and going to be a special player. I also think Aarons had his best game for us against Chelsea and kept Sterling quiet which is a testament to him as Sterling has always scored against us and caused more damage than any other PL player.

Had a few pints watching a game with Chris Sulley, he had a few amusing stories about Sir Tom Heff, Paul Morrell and others, I mentioned this thread and he asked if he got a mention, do you have an opinion on electric cars I said. Good player

;