Gaetano Castrovilli

Asked some Fiorentina fans about him elsewhere and got this back:

"He's my favorite player and a class act, legs are very fragile but he showed some surprising versatility despite not becoming the exact attacking midfielder he was projected to be. Can slot into any midfield position, even on the wing (though we haven't seen that in awhile), just don't expect anything too incredible. Every broadcast mentions that he used to do ballet and it shows"

On injuries:

"Injury prone (think Ribéry and not Pogba, Arthur, Hazard missing whole seasons) but no real recurring injury: always new one. He had a head injury a couple years ago, then he broke his rib cage by hitting the goal post and last April he had the big one with a tear of both cruciate, collateral ligament and meniscus of his left leg. He often had small injuries missing just one game and was pretty unlucky with those injuries often coming when he was called to the Italian national team stopping him from becoming a starter there like he wanted and probably deserved, I remember seeing him more in the stands injured that on the pitch/bench with Italy. He also funnily enough had probably the quickest recovery ever from his knee surgery: he was 1 or 2 months early on the schedule designed by the medical staff which had to shut him down and slow down his training regime because he was recovering so fast that they were scared there was something wrong with that recovery: he got injured in April, in November he joined the team in training but was allowed to return on the pitch only in January. Then he injured his other leg in February; just a small muscular injury but he was shut down a month from playing a whole match to prevent a potential risk by putting extra weight on his left knee which had the surgery."

Not sure where they got this information from.

Castrovilli will make €3M per year at Bournemouth. He’ll double his Fiorentina wages and smash their cap. The Cherries successfully managed to lure an Italian talent this time after coming very close to signing Nicolò Zaniolo in January.

What are you talking about....I was very excited about signing Ibe.....weren't you?......being compared to Jordon is not an insult in my book.

I think most afcb fans would consider it a negative comparison tbh. Particularly given the general manner of your posts.

I think most afcb fans would consider it a negative comparison tbh. Particularly given the general manner of your posts.
How is being compared to the most skillful player we've ever had a negative?... I'm only comparing their talent not their character.
And i'm one of the most positive posters on here and when I am critical I'm generally right .

How is being compared to the most skillful player we've ever had a negative?... I'm only comparing their talent not their character.
And i'm one of the most positive posters on here and when I am critical I'm generally right .
Do you think most think of Ibe as incredibly skillful when mentioned, or someone that cost a lot and hardly played better than 7 out of 10, if that, for years, before completely losing it is a positive comparison?

I think it's fair to say his transfer was an abject failure, so no, I don't think it's remotely a positive/good comparison to anyone we sign.

What are you talking about....I was very excited about signing Ibe.....weren't you?......being compared to Jordon is not an insult in my book.

Lol, very good. Let's hope the new manager is the Spanish Scott Parker... and by that I obviously mean successful in his first season and a snappy dresser, it's a positive comparison that any manager would be delighted with.

Do you think most think of Ibe as incredibly skillful when mentioned, or someone that cost a lot and hardly played better than 7 out of 10, if that, for years, before completely losing it is a positive comparison?

I think it's fair to say his transfer was an abject failure, so no, I don't think it's remotely a positive/good comparison to anyone we sign.
What other people think of him irrelevant.....I don't have this weird hatred of ex players that some of you have......anyway i meant it as a
compliment......if you are judging skill how can it possibly be a negative?

Not sure where they got this information from.

Castrovilli will make €3M per year at Bournemouth. He’ll double his Fiorentina wages and smash their cap. The Cherries successfully managed to lure an Italian talent this time after coming very close to signing Nicolò Zaniolo in January.

£50000 per week is €3000000 per year. Which is his reported new wage.

Lol, very good. Let's hope the new manager is the Spanish Scott Parker... and by that I obviously mean successful in his first season and a snappy dresser, it's a positive comparison that any manager would be delighted with.
Parker wasn't a snappy dresser......he was a extremely dull manager with a Cardigan fetish.

Are you sure you haven't fallen out of love with the club?.....

Not at all I loved the season he was in charge. We won loads of games and got promoted to the top flight for only the second time in our history. I loved last season too, survival against all odds. I'm more excited about next season that any I can remember. It's great being an AFCB supporter when you don't hate the club.

You are referring to Ibe as the most skilful player we’ve ever had?

;