Gary O'Neil

An interesting thread as always, but doesn't seem to factor in the potential takeover, where the Board have rightly indicated they'll hold fire on a new manager's appointment until the new owners are in the saddle, as they may have their own ideas on the style/calibre/kudos of manager. So far as Gary O'Neil is concerned, I'm not in the "give him the job" camp for all the reasons everyone else ha already said, but I think we need a middle way - something a bit more concrete than game-by-game but no so permanent as a two/three/four year deal. What about a contract until the end of the year? Then he can plan more than just one training routine! Oh, and as for manager of the month - I think he deserves it, but historically it's usually been a poisoned chalice with a number of defeats following the award - no logic in that I know, but just noticed that's the way it often falls in the past.

…well he is showing his managerial potential at the moment so unless the yanks want a big name then he must be in with a good shout?

Don't matter 'bout no Sky f√cking Bet..who the f√ckng Thistlebarrow Road are they f√cking non - entities ...'this is about Dean Court business. ..What WE Do !

I like O'Neil, certainly a very highly thought of coach who knows the game very well.

I don't think anything concrete will happen until takeover happens .
So the club will either leave it as is until thay happens or employ Gary as head coach on short term deal.

I just hope the new owners keep him on way or another.

I think he's the man for the job !

Yes we have had other internal staff step up and fail , but Gary is someone who has been working towards this role for about 10 years and everyone has to step up at some point .
I see no reason at all to change it right now.
He gets us , the players get him .. simple !

This stage of the season between international break and world cup is a pivotal group of games given have Brentford Leicester West Ham saints Fulham leeds and Everton. Need a decent haul of wins.

Maybe keeping O’Neil on a match by match basis is the right option to keep players playing well to impress a possible new manager?

Anything less than 4 decent results would make a new appointment a must and the World Cup break would be a great opportunity for new ideas to be put in place. An appointment too late in the break wouldn’t make sense

This stage of the season between international break and world cup is a pivotal group of games given have Brentford Leicester West Ham saints Fulham leeds and Everton. Need a decent haul of wins.

Maybe keeping O’Neil on a match by match basis is the right option to keep players playing well to impress a possible new manager?

Anything less than 4 decent results would make a new appointment a must and the World Cup break would be a great opportunity for new ideas to be put in place. An appointment too late in the break wouldn’t make sense

Yep, no easy games, but certainly would expect a decent haul compared to the first 4 games of the season...

Can he keep the momentum going? Lets hope so.

Yep, no easy games, but certainly would expect a decent haul compared to the first 4 games of the season...

Can he keep the momentum going? Lets hope so.

Agree no easy games…Brentford are always tough to play against; West Ham are in a false position; saints tend to raise their game against us; Leicester may have a new manager etc…Need to make the most of our home games though.

;