Gary O'Neil

I've always said I think they are still looking in the background, or perhaps they have their man but he's not available yet. Perhaps even it's Bielsa and negotiations are ongoing.

How plausible is it that they genuinely think O'Neil is the right man for the club long-term? It isn't imo.

I think with the takeover on the Horizon the club maybe thought not to go and make a big manager decision with the easiest thing to do was to keep GON.
Foley has only been in charge for a couple of weeks .
I think GON is a good guy and good coach but he is a rookie in a job where things are not going right.

I've got a hunch that the Bielsa thing may still be rumbling along. He has stated before that he doesn't take teams on half way through a season and an 18 month contract smacks of temporary as far as management contracts in football go.
I wonder if we are seeing history repeat itself. Employ someone while waiting for the person you really want to take the club forward and build for it's future.

Christ, I'd wish they tell us if that's the case (bielsa arriving in the summer).

Otherwise this is going to be a very long winter/6 months...

Has to go, hasn't got a clue. Stupid appointment by the Yanks which they will have to correct as a mistake that will likely lead to our relegation.
Alot of talk by them but no signings when we're desperate, all they've done is appoint someone with no experience and done nothing whilst we've suffered with 9 defeats in 10 on top awful performances, no goals, no shots, nothing. Just sick of it all. Players were embarrassing today should be ashamed but I don't think they care anyway.

Has to go, hasn't got a clue. Stupid appointment by the Yanks which they will have to correct as a mistake that will likely lead to our relegation.
Alot of talk by them but no signings when we're desperate, all they've done is appoint someone with no experience and done nothing whilst we've suffered with 9 defeats in 10 on top awful performances, no goals, no shots, nothing. Just sick of it all. Players were embarrassing today should be ashamed but I don't think they care anyway.
To say the players don’t care isn’t quite true . No one wants to get beaten.
The lack of quality especially going forward is so alarming is that it isn’t just a couple of players we need, but a handful .

I still feel, either by fault or design that O’Neil just doesn’t have the support behind him to give him a chance of being successful.

Scott Parker had an army of back room staff. His assistant Wells and goalkeeper coach Burch were instrumental to how it all worked.

Burch in particular did the set pieces and he hasn’t been replaced.

Alastair Harris, head of performance, actually stayed following Parker’s sacking but Charlie Moore lead physical performance coach and Jonathan Hill first-team head analyst also left I believe?

What role do they play in monitoring players work loads? The type of thing that uses all the data to try and prevent injury and have players hitting their peak (theoretically at least) on a match day? Has this contributed to us looking like the walking wounded and thus obvious lack any explosive physical approach to a game? Even worse has it contributed even by the smallest percent towards any of the injuries we’ve suffered?

I simply don’t know, just floating the idea. Not having someone quite as visible or deals with set pieces and us being terrible at set pieces is an easy complaint. Are we lacking in other support areas too?

I still feel, either by fault or design that O’Neil just doesn’t have the support behind him to give him a chance of being successful.

Scott Parker had an army of back room staff. His assistant Wells and goalkeeper coach Burch were instrumental to how it all worked.

Burch in particular did the set pieces and he hasn’t been replaced.

Alastair Harris, head of performance, actually stayed following Parker’s sacking but Charlie Moore lead physical performance coach and Jonathan Hill first-team head analyst also left I believe?

What role do they play in monitoring players work loads? The type of thing that uses all the data to try and prevent injury and have players hitting their peak (theoretically at least) on a match day? Has this contributed to us looking like the walking wounded and thus obvious lack any explosive physical approach to a game? Even worse has it contributed even by the smallest percent towards any of the injuries we’ve suffered?

I simply don’t know, just floating the idea. Not having someone quite as visible or deals with set pieces and us being terrible at set pieces is an easy complaint. Are we lacking in other support areas too?
It’s a tiny coaching team. Smaller than a league two club. Without sounding like a stuck record what sort of Director of Football lets that happen? One unqualified for the job.

It’s also a reason why people calling for Elphick to take the job need to give their head a wobble, all that gives us is we move from three coaches to two.

It’s a tiny coaching team. Smaller than a league two club. Without sounding like a stuck record what sort of Director of Football lets that happen? One unqualified for the job.

It’s also a reason why people calling for Elphick to take the job need to give their head a wobble, all that gives us is we move from three coaches to two.

How much smaller is our coaching team than when we had Eddie or Parker? Hasn’t everyone been replaced like for like

Exactly DJ. No point keep harking back to what Eddie did. He made everything tick and when he left, the structure was always going to be different. Thats when you need the right people in executive positions to make the big decisions, well. I don't believe we have that

Nick Court and the two to his right?

Nick was part of the staff at Saracens between 2013 and 2015, as they won the Premiership and were crowned European Champions.

He then moved across to Australia and was team physio for the Melbourne Rebels, before returning to England and starting with AFC Bournemouth in 2017.

With a degree in Sport & Exercise Science, as well as Masters degrees Sport & Exercise Medicine, Nick is an active educator and researcher in the field of injury management and sports performance.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/teams/staff-profiles/nick-court/

How much smaller is our coaching team than when we had Eddie or Parker? Hasn’t everyone been replaced like for like
No. Eddie had himself, JT, Stephen Purches, Simon Wetherstone, Neil Moss, Gareth Stewart, and a Portuguese chap whose name escapes me (Faria?) all on first team duty. Also an army of analysts, dieticians’a sports psychologist etc, fitness team. Fletch in current role as well.

Gary has Elphick, Cooper and Moss on first team and Fletch in current role. I don’t even see a conditioning coach on pitch with subs it’s Fletch.

Look at the evidence yesterday being tweeted about our changing room before the game, GON going mad at his coaching staff because the subs weren’t warmed up… a player delegation staying behind to express dissatisfaction with the way the club was being ran to Hughes.

Blake and Hughes wanted a model where they had more control (and money) and the manager became a coach. There is merit to this, it works at a lot of clubs, but not with unqualified people running it. They made their bed and now are having to lie in it. Unfortunately for us fans we just have to suffer it.

all I can hope is that we get the corner flag tweet from the club today, and we can start planning for next season whether it be in PL with new management or we are resigned to being in championship next year

Blake and Hughes wanted a model where they had more control (and money) and the manager became a coach. There is merit to this, it works at a lot of clubs, but not with unqualified people running it. They made their bed and now are having to lie in it. Unfortunately for us fans we just have to suffer it.

I wonder if this is one of those classic business situations where an insecure, ineffective boss will deliberately hire people who are clearly inferior in preference to better-qualified candidates ? I guess the thinking is that the low-calibre appointment will easily be dominated and will offer no long-term threat.

I've seen that a few times in my life. Always ends in disaster.

I wonder if this is one of those classic business situations where an insecure, ineffective boss will deliberately hire people who are clearly inferior in preference to better-qualified candidates ? I guess the thinking is that the low-calibre appointment will easily be dominated and will offer no long-term threat.

I've seen that a few times in my life. Always ends in disaster.
but in football world the better the team do the better everyone looks, there is alot less questions asked when things go well

Exactly DJ. No point keep harking back to what Eddie did. He made everything tick and when he left, the structure was always going to be different. Thats when you need the right people in executive positions to make the big decisions, well. I don't believe we have that

problem is Eddie was the whole team and got people working in different jobs

;