Gary O'Neil

Same in business but as David says it still happens.
in business a manager can underperform while his staff preform well and hit targets, but in football managers and staff proformances are linked, I'm not disagreeing that it happens but alot less so in football as proformances link alot of roles

Half way through January now and still no signings and O'Neil still in charge. I guess Blake and Hughes must be constantly too hungover from all the nice free hospitality they get to actually run the club.
Maybe that's too harsh though as being CEO and technical director is all about serving yourself right?

Bill Foley will probably be weighing up the situation and what needs to be done to improve things so we have a fighting chance of staying in this league.

That probably includes the managerial, coaching situation, plus new players.

Been a lot of talk about clubs after players were are interested in signing, including Danjuma, the two lads at Lorient, but so far no deals done.

Chelsea acted quickly and snatched a player from under Arsenal’s nose.

We will have to wait and see if our club get their targets.

Bill Foley it has mentioned likes to be a winner, so maybe talks are taking place behind the scenes that we don’t know about.

No. Eddie had himself, JT, Stephen Purches, Simon Wetherstone, Neil Moss, Gareth Stewart, and a Portuguese chap whose name escapes me (Faria?) all on first team duty. Also an army of analysts, dieticians’a sports psychologist etc, fitness team. Fletch in current role as well.

Gary has Elphick, Cooper and Moss on first team and Fletch in current role. I don’t even see a conditioning coach on pitch with subs it’s Fletch.

GON did add that coach from Liverpool, but I get your point.

Saw a twitter post today re the appointment of GON and some people blaming Blake and Hughes for this.

But it goes on to say that they had something else lined up, but were overruled by our new owner.

So different views on who made the decision, I suppose for us fans it’s a waiting game and we will just have to be patient and see what transpires in the coming days.

Rumour has it that GON was Foleys choice but the only other name in the frame was Bielsa, presumably who B&H put forward.
That was it as far as I can see, bar a few rumours of Knutsen - shouldn't they have had a shortlist of potential candidates to put to Bill more than Bielsa or GON ?

Same in business but as David says it still happens.

Suspect thats why Potter is in charge at Chelsea now.

Or at least why Boehly got rid of Tuchel, as Tuchel didn;t agree, like some of the signings being proposed, who knows what else went on behind the scenes, but Tuchel doesn;t pull any punches, given his track record with other clubs too.

Could be personality clash of course, as something gives me the impression Boehly is a 'personality a' type 'alpha male' with a little bit of an ego and won;t get on with certain stronger character types.

Suspect thats why Potter is in charge at Chelsea now.

Or at least why Boehly got rid of Tuchel, as Tuchel didn;t agree, like some of the signings being proposed, who knows what else went on behind the scenes, but Tuchel doesn;t pull any punches, given his track record with other clubs too.
Shouldn't we at least be trying to get someone like Tuchel?

Saw a twitter post today re the appointment of GON and some people blaming Blake and Hughes for this.

But it goes on to say that they had something else lined up, but were overruled by our new owner.

So different views on who made the decision, I suppose for us fans it’s a waiting game and we will just have to be patient and see what transpires in the coming days.
That’s just Blake and Hughes friends or apologists. Only the most incredibly biased could say that the CEO and Director of football of an organisation fought hard against a managerial appointment they originally made as a caretaker but were overruled by a new owner just in the building. The same new owner who praised them when he bought the club now completely ignoring them both on their subject of expertise.

It’s just utter horses*** from a couple people who defended them before and now feel stupid. Interestingly the same people defended them before saying they appointed Parker who got us up. Apparently we have a CEO and DOF who appointed our one ‘successful’ manager but it was the owners who appointed the three bad ones. You couldn’t make it it up!

Shouldn't we at least be trying to get someone like Tuchel?

I guess you don;t mean literally Tuchel, as that would be a miracle if he joined us, lol, but yes, a strong character of some sort with experience would be ideal. Someone commands respect, isn;t just a highly technical coach with no presence and/or people mgmt track record.

Someone who can influence, make key decisions too, and not be over ridden by our directors... assuming Blake and Hughes stay. TBH I doubt anyone of any stature, experience would come here and be dictated to by those 2. If they were told thats how it will be, they wouldn;t take the job I expect.

I guess you don;t mean literally Tuchel, as that would be a miracle if he joined us, lol, but yes, a strong character of some sort with experience would be ideal. Someone commands respect, isn;t just a highly technical coach with no presence and/or people mgmt track record.
We went for Bielsa apparently, so why not Tuchel?

He's a level or 2, or 3 above Bielsa imo, in terms of current stature. Look at his last few jobs. No way he'd come to us unless we can prove we're investing Middle-Eastern numbers, and even then I doubt he'd join. Emre turned down Newcastle after all, and they were a much better proposition compared to us. Chelsea last year, PSG for 2 years, managing Neymar, (not sure if Messi was there then), MBappe etc. No chance he'd come to us imo. He did well enough at Chelsea, only reason he left was due to clash with Boehly, rather than underperforming. You won;t see Tuchel join a Championship club, even if they are a big club like Leeds.

2015–2017Borussia Dortmund
2018–2020Paris Saint-Germain
2021–2022Chelsea

Hope I'm proved wrong as I really rate him as one of the best managers in the game. Would love to see him here, but I can't see it being remotely realistic.

He's a level or 2, or 3 above Bielsa imo, in terms of current stature. Look at his last few jobs. No way he'd come to us unless we can prove we're investing Middle-Eastern numbers, and even then I doubt he'd join. Emre turned down Newcastle after all, and they were a much better proposition compared to us. Chelsea last year, PSG for 2 years, managing Neymar, (not sure if Messi was there then), MBappe etc. No chance he'd come to us imo. He did well enough at Chelsea, only reason he left was due to clash with Boehly, rather than underperforming. You won;t see Tuchel join a Championship club, even if they are a big club like Leeds.

2015–2017Borussia Dortmund
2018–2020Paris Saint-Germain
2021–2022Chelsea
Pochettino it will have to be then. ;)

I suspect the truth is that they gave him the options and Foley decided what he wanted to do. I doubt any of them felt that O'Neil was the right man for the club but they've put him in as he's restructuring everything behind the scenes.

Foley must be having a rude awakening if he thought that putting O'Neil in with a skeleton staff was in any way enough to tread water whilst he gets his feet under the table. It's all well and good taking your time to get the right man but with the way they've gone about it they'll have cost the club their position in the top flight by the time they've got their act together.

Of course that could all be part of his plan.

;