Gary O'Neil

Why oh why is O'Neil attracting vitriol because he lost 4 games last season with lazy and highly paid players going 'on the beach'...and after saving us from relegation.
Contrast this nonsense.....with the hero - worship Fletch got for 1 goal v Grimsby back along.

This Forum beggars belief.

And I don't need any more f√cking lectures on how well Andoni Iraola is doing. I acknowledge that separately.
What vitriol?

Tons of it ! ....from the beginning of the season, peaking at the point of the Wolves victory at DC...and staying bouyant.

The thread keeps rising to the top along with a couple of other boring subjects.
Haha what like the NOC thread which keeps rising to the top with 1.5k posts, more than most of our current players?

I really don't see vitriol, just interest in how an ex-AFCB manager is doing elsewhere (and one who's in the news a lot because of VAR and Wolves having a decent season as we are). Think you're making up some drama or tension that isn't there for your own entertainment.

Mostly because you've spent most of the season lauding him as the next best thing since sliced bread.
No No...that's crap....Andoni has been the one 'lauded' as 'better than sliced bread' even though for the most part Wolves have been above us.
How it finishes I don't know...hopefully, with us above them.....but that doesn't f√cking detract from the job O'Neil did last season....we could have been battling with Plymouth Argyle this month to stay in the Championship if it wasn't for him stabilising our wretched start to last season !

No No...that's crap....Andoni has been the one 'lauded' as 'better than sliced bread' even though for the most part Wolves have been above us.
How it finishes I don't know...hopefully, with us above them.....but that doesn't f√cking detract from the job O'Neil did last season....we could have been battling with Plymouth Argyle this month to stay in the Championship if it wasn't for him stabilising our wretched start to last season !
Ah so that's why you keep defending O'Neil. Just let it go

Tons of it ! ....from the beginning of the season, peaking at the point of the Wolves victory at DC...and staying bouyant.

The thread keeps rising to the top along with a couple of other boring subjects.

Fans like to keep on top of what previous managers are doing because of the connection to the club. Nothing new there. If you think it's because we hate O'Neil then we must really hate Eddie Howe based on how much he gets talked about on here.

I think most fans thought O'Neil did a decent job for us. Those making the PE teacher jibes were in the minority and rightly got as much stick in return.

Overall I think he'll always get a half decent reception from our fans. Definitely no bad blood or vitriol.

But he'll always get compared to Andoni, just like most managers are compared to those who came before. The only difference now is we have ambitious owners so fans are interested in whether the extra investment is making a difference.

Fans like to keep on top of what previous managers are doing because of the connection to the club. Nothing new there. If you think it's because we hate O'Neil then we must really hate Eddie Howe based on how much he gets talked about on here.

I think most fans thought O'Neil did a decent job for us. Those making the PE teacher jibes were in the minority and rightly got as much stick in return.

Overall I think he'll always get a half decent reception from our fans. Definitely no bad blood or vitriol.

But he'll always get compared to Andoni, just like most managers are compared to those who came before. The only difference now is we have ambitious owners so fans are interested in whether the extra investment is making a difference.
I thought he did a reasonable job but I prefer Andoni because he’s our manager now

You really should take @dragonm8 up on the charity bet offer.

Wolves have been wronged a lot this season but I think it was right to disallow it. Clearly a tactic to obstruct the goalkeeper. Appreciate the point that he wouldn’t have saved it anyway but point is he was obstructed. Thus, right decision for me
As most sensible people thought, lot of fuss about nothing:

Gary will be devastated if we finish above Wolves.

OK manager, inherited a way better squad than what he left here (despite not having much influence over it).

Let's finish above Wolves, as Gary gave an interview masterclass about how he beat 10 man Bournemouth.

It was rude, disrespectful, and had not much credence.

It was 10 v 11.

Muppet.

Gary will be devastated if we finish above Wolves.

OK manager, inherited a way better squad than what he left here (despite not having much influence over it).

Let's finish above Wolves, as Gary gave an interview masterclass about how he beat 10 man Bournemouth.

It was rude, disrespectful, and had not much credence.

It was 10 v 11.

Muppet.
Could you see Iraola doing that interview.

No

That’s what Gary is no longer here. Class is obvious.

I don't see what was wrong with that interview. They have managers on talking tactics. GON has done well irrespective of the people on here who get upset by him.
Was probably the first interview he did.

It was a narrow victory on paper, but for O'Neil it was a chance to gloat, one which he accepted gleefully.

Had he beaten us 3-0 then it would have held some substance.

Gary claimed he 'out thought' AFCB tactics.

It was a very slim win against 10 men.

But he couldn't wait to laud it, and big up the achievement.....in the media nonetheless.

Let's hope Andoni smashes Wolves next game.......

And guess what, Andoni wouldn't make a thing of it, as he has class.

Was probably the first interview he did.

It was a narrow victory on paper, but for O'Neil it was a chance to gloat, one which he accepted gleefully.

Had he beaten us 3-0 then it would have held some substance.

Gary claimed he 'out thought' AFCB tactics.

It was a very slim win against 10 men.

But he couldn't wait to laud it, and big up the achievement.....in the media nonetheless.

Let's hope Andoni smashes Wolves next game.......

And guess what, Andoni wouldn't make a thing of it, as he has class.

I didn't particularly see it as gloating but then again I'm not a sensitive sausage and don't have some weird agenda about the guy.

I didn't particularly see it as gloating but then again I'm not a sensitive sausage and don't have some weird agenda about the guy.
I don’t think you need to be sensitive. If anyone went on tv after a 1 goal win against ten men thanks to a late keeper error and talked about their tactics winning the game I’d have a right good laugh at them. The only thing that stops me in this situation is it was my club that got beat.

I don’t think you need to be sensitive. If anyone went on tv after a 1 goal win against ten men thanks to a late keeper error and talked about their tactics winning the game I’d have a right good laugh at them. The only thing that stops me in this situation is it was my club that got beat.

He was booked on before the game.... and spoke about the game. They did exploit the massive holes in our midfield in that game like everyone else did at that point in time. Don't you remember banging on about the 'Lerma shaped hole' in our midfield in you desperate rush to slag off decision makers at the club?

;