Glastonbury 24

For long term Glasto-goers, would you say that its now an event for people who prefer the festival over the music, or was it always that way?

I'd say it was always about the festival. I first went in 1995 (when tickets could be bought at HMV) and did the 10 following that. For many the headliners are not the most important thing. No one announced yet which is always the case when tickets go on sale.

It's possible to have the most wonderful time without going anywhere near the main stage. The fewer main stage acts I wanted to see the better. More time to spend elsewhere.

I've not experienced anything like it. Some time second day time kind of vanishes and you hit a different time zone. Normal time doesn't really exist.

Always went on the Wednesday and back then very few did. Gave a couple of days enjoying it before the Friday.

I'd say it's the best 5 days you can have.

Haven't got near the ticket page for about a decade, so working is the only way for me, sadly.

First went in 86 having got someone to drive to the nearest Virgin (I think) in the scum on the Thursday after work to get a ticket.

It was like being a different, but better world! The atmosphere changed in 90, partly a falling out between the organisers and travellers and partly a lot more class A usage with the accompanying dance music. They got their own area later which meant less conflict while camping!

Been to a fair few since (thanks to Mr Cunningham driving me a few times from 2000) and it's now a very different festival than before the big fence went up in 2002.

Still the best party ever for me, 5 day (or more if you're working!) party in the middle of summer. I mostly enjoy the comedy, theatre and the numerous types of curry more than the big stages these days but I'm still disappointed I won't get every second of it to do what I want again next year.

;