GON(E)

We’ve never replaced Harry Arter…
We did, prime Arter was not a central attacking player with flair, he was an aggressive, high energy and combative central midfielder who looked to go box to box and cover as much ground as possible.

His replacement was Jefferson Lerma, it just so happens that we replaced him with a player who wasn’t as good as Arter in his prime. Lerma has never even come close to replicating the very best of Arter. Arter’s performances Vs Man U in the first season and Everton in the second season are the best individual performances I’ve ever seen from a Bournemouth central midfielder.

(Just to be clear, I’m talking about the Arter from the first 2 PL seasons. From season three onwards he may as well have been a different player, he declined to such an extent. His personal issues finally caught up with him.)

We did, prime Arter was not a central attacking player with flair, he was an aggressive, high energy and combative central midfielder who looked to go box to box and cover as much ground as possible.

His replacement was Jefferson Lerma, it just so happens that we replaced him with a player who wasn’t as good as Arter in his prime. Lerma has never even come close to replicating the very best of Arter. Arter’s performances Vs Man U in the first season and Everton in the second season are the best individual performances I’ve ever seen from a Bournemouth central midfielder.

(Just to be clear, I’m talking about the Arter from the first 2 PL seasons. From season three onwards he may as well have been a different player, he declined to such an extent. His personal issues finally caught up with him.)

Lerma's a different kind of player to Arter, Lerma's is more of a ball winning midfielder (like a poor mans Kante). Arter more limited defensively, but much better range of passing, creativity, threat going forwards. Box to box, as you say.

Lerma much better player imo, but our performances were more inconsistent, appeared disjointed when he joined. Not saying all his fault, but it coincided with us changing our style. And certainly played a part imo.

Our lack of midfield creativity is glaring. We just can't hold the ball in the middle third - result, immediate pressure on the defence... Cook's error on Saturday another example of the problem. Recruitment here has got to be top priority - if no one in by the end of the month who's capable of making a difference our prospects for the season will be grim. Days passing now with no incomings ... hmm ...

Our lack of midfield creativity is glaring. We just can't hold the ball in the middle third - result, immediate pressure on the defence... Cook's error on Saturday another example of the problem. Recruitment here has got to be top priority - if no one in by the end of the month who's capable of making a difference our prospects for the season will be grim. Days passing now with no incomings ... hmm ...

Yes if we sign no one and keep O'Neil, it would be nothing short of miraculous if we stayed up. Chances of both not happening is minimal though imo.

Excellent Post..KK.

You see..it's like this....
...we all spout our stuff.....and irrespective of how it riles others and the petty Forum in -fighting that ensues...at the end of the day...the season...the reckoning. ..what pans out. .pans out...and varying bits of all that spouting that came mainly out of emotion will be borne out ..some of it ridiculously off the rails...some on the money....no one has
.a f√cking monopoly on the outcomes of fate.
I will endeavour to educate this Forum on humility and introspection if it's the last thing I ever consign to Poetry !

;