Good News story - Reading aka Biscuitmen

Hmm, a bit of good old fashioned EFL incompetence mixed in with this for me

Reading have been operating under soft restrictions for a good 2-3 years due to FFP issues. They agree a business plan (i.e. how much they can spend on players/wages) with the FL and have to stick with it under threat of points deduction - got it.

The EFL statement reads:

"The Club has not generated profit required from player sales in line with the budget which formed part of the original Agreed Decision."

So the EFL agreed a business plan with Reading FC which fundamentally required hypothetical player sales to make the numbers add up? That is mental.

So many ways in which that goes wrong. Sellable asset player(s) gets injured, under performs, the wider transfer market contracts etc etc.

Hmm, a bit good old fashioned EFL incompetence mixed in with this for me

Reading have been operating under restrictions for a good 2-3 years due to FFP issues. They agree a business plan (i.e. how much they can spend on players/wages) with the FL and have to stick with it under threat of points deduction - got it.

The EFL statement reads:

"The Club has not generated profit required from player sales in line with the budget which formed part of the original Agreed Decision."

So the EFL agreed a business plan with Reading FC which fundamentally required hypothetical player sales to make the numbers add up? That is mental.
The EFL didn't take into account their players were s-it and no one wanted them............................................................:)

;