Graeme Jones

seems like a nice guy. great for his experience of champo teams.

He picked up a FA Cup winners medal and Bronze World Cup medal as coach with Martinez with which he was justifiably proud. Something he never expected with during his playing career spent in the lower leagues.

He seems like a decent, no nonsense sort, a safe pair of hands and his experience is undeniable. I think it was a smart decision to bring him onboard.

His answer to the opening question I thought was very interesting and showed definite intent of where he felt the club SHOULD be.

he does seem like a lovely, old fashioned footy bloke. just hope he's not one of those who's incredibly likeable, can talk the talk, but is no good at their jobs. we all know the sort. he seems to have worked at soooo many places, not sure if thats a good sign or not! here's hoping it all works out successfully, for all our sakes

:utc:

I thought he came across well. He certainly has a good pedigree and I like the focus on possession too. Time will of course tell as to whether he makes any impact.

Seems a bit over qualified to be our effective no. 3 considering the experience of our manager and assistant. Be interesting to see how that dynamic works but certainly a very valuable addition

There are some very rude comments about him on Twitter. I am hoping he is a good coach because I don't think he is a manager. That could be a good thing; the world is littered ex-managers who, when successful coaches, should have stayed that way and not chanced their arm.

He seems to be an impressive character based on that interview. Definitely a proper old school football man through and through. I think he is pretty astute and a scholar of the game. The way he urged any player to do his coaching badges because it will improve their understanding of the game, suggests that he is the kind of guy who has not stopped learning since his playing career ended.
As AFCB_RNB says, the key thing will be how much influence he is allowed to have upon the way we play. If we can hang onto him and he starts to understand what AFCB is all about, he would definitely be a candidate for a further promotion from within should the need arise. So no pressure then Jase/Purchy ;)

Last edited:
Just got around to watching his interview on COWS.

Very interesting character, spoke and answered questions without any gaps.

He could have still been with Martínez and the Belgium job, but left on his own accord because he had been away from his family for two years living in Belgium.

He gave us the nitty-gritty in that interview of how he came through the leagues as a player and then onto coaching, finally winning a third place medal with Belgium in the World Cup.

Hopefully he is the experienced head we need from outside to do a job for AFCB in the Championship this season and hopefully challenge for promotion.

;