Guinness or Heineken?

Agree with this, although as Derek says, in the absence of any proper beer, it is a decent fallback option.

For me, having lived in Germany for 13 years, Heineken is a terrible lager. Worse still is Heineken 0% which somehow, after all these years of beer development, still manages to taste worse than Kaliber did back in the 80s !!!

I love Murphy’s Irish Stout but since the Guinness brewery has most of the world’s Irish pubs in its sweaty paws, it is becoming increasingly hard to find on draught.
A working mans club I used to frequent for a frame of snooker now and then used to have Kilkenny. That wasn't too bad but haven't seen that around for years

Is Labatts still going? Remember drinking that a lot in 90s and think it was Canadian.

Not over here I don't think.

And Lamot. I called it 'Lamooh' and my mates took the mick ;) Trying to be all cool and French.

It was a good can bar favourite at Pompey uni. Whilst all the numpties were queuing up for watered down Fosters.

Thats a low bar.

Especially LP. Always found it hard to get a decent pint of it, even in west London.

St Austell Tribute for me. Perfect balance of hops.
Austell is ok. But some places do not keep it properly. There is a habit in some pubs who keep their real ales in the same cellar as the chilled gassy lagers and tasteless keg ales, This causes the real ale to be over chilled and so killing the flavour. I have mentioned this in a number of pubs, but the staff just look at you as if one has just raised a stupid point. This is what occurs when pubs just employ cloth-eared students behind the bar who don't give a f**k.

Austell is ok. But some places do not keep it properly. There is a habit in some pubs who keep their real ales in the same cellar as the chilled gassy lagers and tasteless keg ales, This causes the real ale to be over chilled and so killing the flavour. I have mentioned this in a number of pubs, but the staff just look at you as if one has just raised a stupid point. This is what occurs when pubs just employ cloth-eared students behind the bar who don't give a f**k.
Given your history on here.

You have a habit of making stupid points.

Is it you, or is it them?

Love a pint ofLondon Pride, sell it here in Pittsburgh in the Pipers Pub,Greene King is terrible, really does taste of nastiness
Abbott by green king is a good pint when kept properly at the right temperature. However, there are some places that do not store and keep it properly. Hence, why you may have suffered a bad pint of it.

Abbott by green king is a good pint when kept properly at the right temperature. However, there are some places that do not store and keep it properly. Hence, why you may have suffered a bad pint of it.
You are the equivalent of a bad pint here.

Worse than the slops, or a pint of KBG frothy piss.

You're welcome to a pint of my piss if you feel the need
A very kind and sincere offer offer. But Alas, due to our differing standards of tipple, I must politely decline.

However, if you are deeply into consuming pints of urine, you may care to visit any Wetherspoon outlet where most of the hand-pull pumps are connected up the the gentleman's urinals. I am led to believe that there is am abundant supply.

In addition, if you do go to Wetherspoons don't forget to dress accordingly i.e. tatty trainers with the toes sticking out, paint splattered jeans or trakkie bottoms, faded and worn and stretched t-shirt with a woollen hat with holes in with hair purtruding. Oh, and don't forget to turn up stinking of body odour to complete the ensemble.

Last edited:

Do people look at you like that often out of interest?

Is Labatts still going? Remember drinking that a lot in 90s and think it was Canadian.
Oh yeah. Labatt 50 ("un cinquante") was the beer of the day in the 70's and 80's, but fell off in popularity. Labatt Blue is now their most popular beer, and they also distribute Bud, Michelob, Corona and Stella in Canada.

;