Half Non - What a day

RobTrent

UTC Legend
A potentially great signing, and just helps build the excitement for the coming season. Hope we'll get a glimpse of him a week next Tuesday.

Personally I've some more good news. I thought I'd bore you all with the update that I'm still free of my bladder tumours, just two years ago yesterday of being diagnosed, and four operations to get rid of them. Today was my second 'all clear' in six months.

Ive still got three years of checkups and immunotherapy to get through but I'm feeling good about it.

To say thank you to the NHS I'm going to paint portraits of three AFCB legends and auction them off. I will donate all proceds to the Urology department at (sorry) Southampton General. They've been so good to me with my treatments.

I've already secured agreement from Ian Bishop, and I'm just trying to get the other two. Then I'll work out the best way to auction them off.

Sorry for another self-indulgent post!

A potentially great signing, and just helps build the excitement for the coming season. Hope we'll get a glimpse of him a week next Tuesday.

Personally I've some more good news. I thought I'd bore you all with the update that I'm still free of my bladder tumours, just two years ago yesterday of being diagnosed, and four operations to get rid of them. Today was my second 'all clear' in six months.

Ive still got three years of checkups and immunotherapy to get through but I'm feeling good about it.

To say thank you to the NHS I'm going to paint portraits of three AFCB legends and auction them off. I will donate all proceds to the Urology department at (sorry) Southampton General. They've been so good to me with my treatments.

I've already secured agreement from Ian Bishop, and I'm just trying to get the other two. Then I'll work out the best way to auction them off.

That’s good news.

Last week I had my annual scans report, also told they were fine.

I had a year of immunotherapy a hour per visit at Poole Hospital a year or two back.

Read up that Southampton hospital I believe have been one of the leaders in research into this treatment.

Good luck with the rest of your treatments.

Great news Rob and Billy. My dad had the same a few years ago. The checkup at the time was the "camera up the old chap" routine, as my dad called it. A nurse told him "not to be a baby, it's only a size 4 camera", to which he replied, "well I must have a size 3 knob then!".
Pleased to hear all looks well for you both.

Great news Rob and Billy. My dad had the same a few years ago. The checkup at the time was the "camera up the old chap" routine, as my dad called it. A nurse told him "not to be a baby, it's only a size 4 camera", to which he replied, "well I must have a size 3 knob then!".

Thanks.

Fantastic news Rob. Puts football into perspective. I'm genuinely really pleased for you. I lost a lifelong friend to bladder cancer who was just 55 years old. Way too soon.

Yes, great news.

So much misery in the world and animosity on social media that is great to hear good news like this. With best wishes

Great to hear that Rob. My old man recently had a bladder all-clear after a scare too. He doesn't tend to get a lot of great health news these days but bladder wise he's in tip top condition apparently.

;