Hamed Traore

Well I'm just going by watching him rather than the stats. You, as ever, are determined to use selected evidence to try prove some sort of negative about the club because, well I don't know why tbh.

He looks very promising and his stats seem to back that up. Hopefully he'll turn out good and you can move on to your next target.
As ever 70% of that is in your own head. Also I’m going off watching him too (admittedly having missed his good game which I’ve said oh repeat) he seemed lightweight and got robbed too easily. Like I said this may well be getting used to this league but some people on Twitter are saying he is a replacement for Billing and celebrating it like Lerma has re joined. I just don’t get this… that’s my point. The rest I will let you fantasise about and write oh my behalf as ever.

As ever 70% of that is in your own head. Also I’m going off watching him too (admittedly having missed his good game which I’ve said oh repeat) he seemed lightweight and got robbed too easily. Like I said this may well be getting used to this league but some people on Twitter are saying he is a replacement for Billing and celebrating it like Lerma has re joined. I just don’t get this… that’s my point. The rest I will let you fantasise about and write oh my behalf as ever.

Why don't you go and slag him off on twitter if it's their overreaction thats wound you up because all people on here have said is that they like the look of him and are pleased he's signed.

Sounds like the row is in your head tbh.

Hard to tell. He had one good game apparently at Brighton but didn’t see it. Was shocking in some. Knocked off the ball a lot and injury prone. No goals. No assists in 7 games. No goals and no assists internationally. No goals and 3 assists in 11 games before joining us. So in 19 games he has produced no goals and three assists. A forward…..
Cue regular mentions of “the Ivorian Fletch”

In 19 games this season for club and country he has scored 0 goals and made 3 assists. He is a winger or a 10. You can look at all the other stats you want about a three yard pass to a team mate completion but if our forward players don’t set up or score goals we are in trouble. People suggesting we might let Billing go… look at their stat difference.

Anyway. Like I said, could be just adapting and it would be great if he showed the level of contribution the year before. Fingers crossed and good luck to the lad.

Weren't you enthusing about Brighton's recruitment strategy not long ago? Are you under the impression that their data-driven approach consists of a spreadsheet with two columns, goals and assists? Anyway, Traore's stat for expected assists per 90 minutes is 0.17, the joint highest of anyone in our squad, along with that sub-league-two winger Dango Ouattara.

Weren't you enthusing about Brighton's recruitment strategy not long ago? Are you under the impression that their data-driven approach consists of a spreadsheet with two columns, goals and assists? Anyway, Traore's stat for expected assists per 90 minutes is 0.17, the joint highest of anyone in our squad, along with that sub-league-two winger Dango Ouattara.

admittedly brighton get the quality at the fraction of the cost…but let’s see how the big money deal for the Watford striker pans out

admittedly brighton get the quality at the fraction of the cost…but let’s see how the big money deal for the Watford striker pans out

Probably pretty well, because, annoyingly, they're very good at this. But their decision to splash £30 million on him won't have been based on his goals and assists figures - just 11 and 4 respectively, in the championship.

From what I remember he plays in that Billing sort of number 10 role behind the striker. He has a good pass and reads the game well from what I remember. The only thing I worry about is can he play well consistently in the more physical English leagues. He’s not the biggest of guys. Saying that we’ve seen players like Brooks play well in that position in the past so who knows

If I remember, Traore took just about all the set pieces so I would expect his stats in this area be a little higher than the rest of the team

Didn't realise the loan was anything other than an obligation to buy in the summer. Bit of a strange time for it to happen, I'd expect the deal going though now to be the same as in Jan for an accounting point of view, so might as well have just made it perm in Jan?

Highly regarded player, looks skillful, plays a lot of positions, just hope he settles and can adapt to the physicality. Fingers crossed the injuries this season aren't a theme.

... I'd expect the deal going though now to be the same as in Jan for an accounting point of view, so might as well have just made it perm in Jan?
I just assumed that as the deal was done late in the day, it was just easier to get a loan with an obligation done before the deadline rather than a full transfer. Plus everything else that was going on in those last couple of days of the window.

I don't think the accounting period thing helps us.

I just assumed that as the deal was done late in the day, it was just easier to get a loan with an obligation done before the deadline rather than a full transfer. Plus everything else that was going on in those last couple of days of the window.

I don't think the accounting period thing helps us.
Yes it’s to do with signings within a season and fifa fair spending rules. You take a player on loan with an obligation to buy but you didn’t buy him in a certain season for FFP purposes.

Yes it’s to do with signings within a season and fifa fair spending rules. You take a player on loan with an obligation to buy but you didn’t buy him in a certain season for FFP purposes.

But aren't we buying him this season?

I found this from The Athletic, talking about Notts, but seems relevant to us as well, as we were Championship for 20/21 and 21/22.

As an EFL club in 2020-21 and 2021-22, Forest will not be able to exceed permitted losses of £61million for the latest three-year accounting period. Clubs that have been in the Premier League for three seasons are allowed losses of up to £105million — or £35million per year — but for both of Forest’s past two years as a Championship club, that is reduced by £22million.
The huge investment of this summer could bring losses once the accounts for 2022-23 are published, but FFP calculations are far more nuanced. Clubs are permitted to exclude infrastructure costs and academy costs when filing FFP numbers, meaning Forest could lose far more than £61million in their accounts yet still comfortably comply.
Fees for this season’s recruits will also not appear nearly as bold when their transfer fees are amortised (spread over the number of years in the player’s contract).
Take the £17million fee paid to sign Neco Williams from Liverpool. That will be spread out across the duration of his four-year contract, ensuring that only £4.25million of that fee appears in the 2022-23 FFP calculations. The same will apply to Gibbs-White, Taiwo Awoniyi and Emmanuel Dennis, all signed on long-term deals.

COVID-19 also plays its part in Forest’s ability to spend. The Premier League allows any losses directly caused by the pandemic to be discounted from FFP calculations. Forest have previously said that the adverse impact of COVID-19 was £16.7million across 2019-20 and 2020-21.
Those two campaigns are also considered one big season for FFP purposes to account for the cost of COVID-19, with the financial result being an average of the two. Forest’s accounts showed an average pre-tax loss of £15.7million for 2019-20 and 2020-21, an improvement on the £25million lost in 2018-19.
By the time the Premier League assesses Forest’s FFP status at the end of this season, it will be considering the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons as one, as well as the 2021-22 Championship campaign and the one that has just begun in the Premier League.

Clear as mud. I'm sure the DC abacuses have been whirring continually to try and work out the best way to put this through the books.

Maybe it was to allow flexibility to bring in another player as we know they were trying to get a seventh over the line but didn't manage it. Since that money wasn't spent, they're now going to slot it into this season's accounts.

Scored twice coming off the bench for Ivory Coast, albeit against Seychelles.
Thats the problem.

It was the Seychelles.

Traore hasn't made the match day squad for the last few games and clearly isn't injured.

Kieffer Moore a 3 million pound signing hasn't even made the squad, despite competing for one place.

Traore at 20 million looks like one of our worst ever spends, close to Jordan Ibe in first, and Outtara in third.

That's 60 million of average squad players.

Outtara has the ingredients of a good footballer, but ADHD when it comes to understanding tactics and composure.

At this level consistency is key as managers need to rely upon it.

One thing Outtara isn't, is consistent, hence he's been dropped to the bench.

Thats the problem.

It was the Seychelles.

Traore hasn't made the match day squad for the last few games and clearly isn't injured.

Kieffer Moore a 3 million pound signing hasn't even made the squad, despite competing for one place.

Traore at 20 million looks like one of our worst ever spends, close to Jordan Ibe in first, and Outtara in third.

That's 60 million of average squad players.

Outtara has the ingredients of a good footballer, but ADHD when it comes to understanding tactics and composure.

At this level consistency is key as managers need to rely upon it.

One thing Outtara isn't, is consistent, hence he's been dropped to the bench.

Dango in our worst ever spends is just wrong. He was a very important part of our survival last season and is a dangerous but inconsistent player. He wasn't good value but he's a decent player.

;