Hamed Traore

Yes I think the criticism of Dango is excessive. He helped win us big points against Spurs, Liverpool and Forest last season. Frustrating at times but lots of raw ability and still very young.

Traore I’m more concerned about. Far from convinced he suits the Premier League or the style of football Iraola wants to play.

It doesn't look great for Traore tbf. I don't know how good his English is but the language barrier is something Iraola has mentioned as a potential issue with players judging by his comments on Kluivert...

He (Kluivert) is doing really well. It helps that he speaks the language. He even speaks in Spanish, which means he can also communicate perfectly with me. He is used to playing in different leagues as well so it has been pretty easy for him to settle in. He knows he has to take every chance.”

If that’s one of the biggest issues holding them back, then the club should really do something about it. Whether you rate them or not, if they’re struggling to integrate because if this then you’re hardly maximising the value of the player?

Dango isn’t one of our worst ever spends, you could argue very strongly that he hasn’t been a good value for money buy but to say he’s one of the worst isn’t fair. It’s easy to forget that he performed well in certain games last season and helped contribute towards vital points: Forest, Liverpool, Spurs and Leeds (when he played very effectively as a right wing back) are all games in which he provided vital goals or assists. So to categorise him with the likes of Traore is grossly unfair, especially given his age.

I’d argue that he has proven to be pretty poor value for money so far though, and I say that because we have signed better attacking players than him over the last year for half the price. The likes of Tavernier and Semenyo have/and are providing the output as well as showing a level of consistency in their all round performance levels. I really do feel as though the championship is where we should be doing most of our shopping.

On Traore, he isn’t an inherently bad player. Technically he is clearly proficient and he has good vision and an eye for goal, bad players don’t score seven goals in a single season in the Italian top flight. He just isn’t cut out for the robust nature of the PL and not capable of playing the high intensity pressing football that we are trying to play. If he was given the freedom to be creative in the knowledge that those behind him would do the dirty work then he might have a chance, I think that was the plan under O’Neil, however he just isn’t going to be given that by Iraola. Would be amazed if he isn’t loaned abroad in Jan as currently he’s just an asset losing value, get him a good loan move and then hopefully recoup enough to not take a hit on him next Summer.

His body language during warmups is dreadful
In fairness it must be difficult to motivate yourself during a warm up when you know that your manager doesn’t trust you and that there is minimal chance of getting on the pitch, I imagine he’s had weeks of working his **************** off in training to try and get a look in but never really gotten that opportunity from the start. He just needs to move on I think.

Dango isn’t one of our worst ever spends, you could argue very strongly that he hasn’t been a good value for money buy but to say he’s one of the worst isn’t fair. It’s easy to forget that he performed well in certain games last season and helped contribute towards vital points: Forest, Liverpool, Spurs and Leeds (when he played very effectively as a right wing back) are all games in which he provided vital goals or assists. So to categorise him with the likes of Traore is grossly unfair, especially given his age.

I’d argue that he has proven to be pretty poor value for money so far though, and I say that because we have signed better attacking players than him over the last year for half the price. The likes of Tavernier and Semenyo have/and are providing the output as well as showing a level of consistency in their all round performance levels. I really do feel as though the championship is where we should be doing most of our shopping.

On Traore, he isn’t an inherently bad player. Technically he is clearly proficient and he has good vision and an eye for goal, bad players don’t score seven goals in a single season in the Italian top flight. He just isn’t cut out for the robust nature of the PL and not capable of playing the high intensity pressing football that we are trying to play. If he was given the freedom to be creative in the knowledge that those behind him would do the dirty work then he might have a chance, I think that was the plan under O’Neil, however he just isn’t going to be given that by Iraola. Would be amazed if he isn’t loaned abroad in Jan as currently he’s just an asset losing value, get him a good loan move and then hopefully recoup enough to not take a hit on him next Summer.

I agree that Dango wasn't great value but the fee arguably needs an asterisk due to the Bill Foley connection.

I'd like to point out that Jordon Ibe also won us points.......
He did, but Ibe was given so many opportunities that he was always going to put in the odd performance. I’m sure if Dango is played as frequently as Ibe was over the next three years that he would also win us points here and there too.

I think the best thing for Traore is to loan him out in January. There’s obviously talent there because we signed him for so much money but for some reason it just hasn’t happened for him. Not sure whether the championship would suit his skill set so maybe somewhere abroad like France and Lorient given the link or somewhere in Spain maybe?
I’ve got a feeling this January will have a few shocks in store. Not sure if they’ll be good or bad yet

I think Fredericks is one of the worst ever spends, and he came in on a free, I guess that debate is for another thread :D

Dango in our worst ever spends is just wrong. He was a very important part of our survival last season and is a dangerous but inconsistent player. He wasn't good value but he's a decent player.
Value hard to assess given in January so usually overpay and maybe complicated by ownership angle?

Helped us stay up by injecting some much-needed speed into a one-paced team

;