Happy St. Georges Day!

Kudos

UTC Legend
A good opportunity to press pause on our national characteristic of self-deprivation and for one day appreciate the wonderful place that we live, even in the current climate.

Queue the usual St. George was Turkish claptrap!

Not interested in St George at all but I do love England. A day like today reminds me how much I can't wait to get out there and enjoy our lovely country again at some point.

A good opportunity to press pause on our national characteristic of self-deprivation and for one day appreciate the wonderful place that we live, even in the current climate.

Queue the usual St. George was Turkish claptrap!

You obviously are a proponent of multi-culturalism.

Just for you, Kudos.

It is St George’s Day, patron of syphilis, farmers, soldiers, archers, armourers, saddle makers, chivalry, lepers, sheep, Catalonia, Georgia, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, Germany, Greece, Moscow, Istanbul, Genoa, and England. Ora pro nobis!

Some idiots think its St Peirs Morgan Day everyday...taken in by his petty crap; can't get enough of the shallow fool... and would never have heard of St George.

Imagine I'll get some comeback on this..from one of his 'fans' .

You obviously are a proponent of multi-culturalism.

Multiculturalism and culture is a really interesting topic and it's well worth reading up on it. It's a shame it has so much loaded meaning now.

What it is to be English has and will continue to change.

I do like distinct cultures, not just my own but others too and I feel learning about those cultures give you a way to the see the same things differently. I'm not fond of the gradual erosion of those cultures to a kind of global mono-culture where we all look, act and think the same even if it does make us globally more able to work together.

Abso-bloody-lutely ! Happy St George's Day everyone. Let the cross of St George fly high on this glorious April day. Be proud of being English. Stop for a second and feel privileged that you were born in this wonderful country. There are too many who say England is **************** at this and England is **************** at that. My response? **************** off and live somewhere else then.
I'm proud to be English and proud to be British. I feel privileged to live in a country where I can speak freely, earn a living and support a family. A country of green fields and hedgerows, of cricket and cucumber sandwiches, of tea and scones, of War heroes and working heroes. Village greens and village pub's( god, how I miss the pub), and so much more. I know I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world.
England, my England.
Happy St George's Day

;