Has Eddie taken us as far as he can?

Is this this the time to say thanks and good luck?

• Total voters
Eddie will leave when he can see there will be no legacy. Ok training ground started,could end up like the Walker stand. No new ground, he can see the young kids in Bournemouth wearing Afcb colours. But they can’t get in. I don’t think his vision is being backed enough an he will soon give up the ghost.He could take us along way but it ain’t gonna happen.

Eddie will leave when he can see there will be no legacy. Ok training ground started,could end up like the Walker stand. No new ground, he can see the young kids in Bournemouth wearing Afcb colours. But they can’t get in. I don’t think his vision is being backed enough an he will soon give up the ghost.He could take us along way but it ain’t gonna happen.
I hope Rob Trent doesn't see this :cool:

How about Mings going to Villa being played and now has sights on the National side, Mousset leading the line effectively for Sheffield! Even Murray and Defoe have gone on to be prolific goal scorers at their new clubs. I don't think EH gives his new signings enough opportunities. It's as though the signings he makes are always to cover positions but when the opportunity comes to justify using them he seems reluctant to do so. This can't be good for the confidence and moral of the individuals who are probably desperate to make their mark. This is compounded when they are being warmed up on the touchline week after week and given the occasional 6mins! He could use the squad far better by rotating more often. It's no use throwing them all together in a Carrabo Cup preliminary round and expecting them to be ready for the big games in the PL.

Are you serious?! Mings got injured after 12 mins and was out for 18 months....

What a weird discussion this has become! Honestly, some of you are losing the plot!

Everton and West ham fans would love our manager right now, and a decent number of Arsenal fans too. We currently have him, for how long none of us know, and we have a debate like this....

Nothing wrong with debating team selections, tactics, or calling out where we think he has gone wrong or fallen short; I'm sure he does the very same thing on a daily basis

But THIS!? Madness. Seeing it's all about opinions, here's mine

Every day he gets into work (usually at 6am) we are lucky to have him as our manager

We will never know times like this again

These times end as soon as he goes; irrespective of who comes in and what players we have. Why? Because despite the budget we have, it remains a miracle that we are in this league without a realistic relegation worry

And while we aren't currently as gung-ho as we'd like, I'd still watch his teams all day long

And above all else, he has given us an identity as a club that makes me proud to be a fan of it every day. His value, his bond with the fans, his integrity and his unbreakable love of the club is unique, and will never be seen again

We don't have a stadium or a training ground to be proud of; our Board are silent and our infrastructure is leagues below our team. There is only him

So debate all day long his selections, his signings and day to day performance, but let's not question whether he has had his time. Because when his time is up, so I fear is ours

Agree with all of that, great post.

No it's not. We have had so many dips in the road throughout our Premier League journey, and this is another one of them. One of Eddie's faults is blind loyalty, and this season needs to be the last where we see the old guard in a red and black shirt - I'm talking Francis, Surman, maybe Daniels etc.

Even this season, we've seen Franno introduced - shoehorned into a side for no real reason, when there are better players that could deputise - not more experienced, just "better".

He will be able to turn the situation around once again, as he always does, but it is this loyalty, twinned with his over-thinking, that leads us down horrible cul-de-sac's, like that first 45 on Saturday. Five at the back does not work and it never has - his stubbornness to persist with what he thinks is best sometimes kills us.

I don't know what the dynamic with JT is like, but even Eddie needs some accountability, and I hope JT provides that - because some of the repetitive decisions we see on the pitch season on season are very predictable, and often never work. I trust he will turn it around.

In terms of his exit... I'd be gutted. This is a blip, and no-one is better placed to improve us, but he does need to give himself a holiday at some point, because his containment inside the Bournemouth footballing bubble sometimes affects his ability to see the bigger picture.[/QUOTE

Good poInt re JT. He just doesn’t look like a guy who is giving Eddie the sounding board he needs. It’s a lonely job and the question I keep asking myself is “who is mentoring Eddie?” You just feel the answer is “ no one”.

Eddie is ultimately accountable to Max, and whilst MD is by no means an expert on football I'm sure he makes it clear what he wants.

We've also read that EH is often talking to other managers, visiting other clubs to see how they do things, so it seems a bit unfair to say he isn't always looking to improve or change.

And as with every one of us, our biggest faults can also be our strongest traits. This loyalty that EH shows to those around him also has advantages.

Eddie is ultimately accountable to Max, and whilst MD is by no means an expert on football I'm sure he makes it clear what he wants.

We've also read that EH is often talking to other managers, visiting other clubs to see how they do things, so it seems a bit unfair to say he isn't always looking to improve or change.

And as with every one of us, our biggest faults can also be our strongest traits. This loyalty that EH shows to those around him also has advantages.
Everyone’s greatest strength is their weakness... the Ying and yang of life.

;