Have we become entitled

I think it's absolutely right there's a big difference between e general boo, and abuse directed at individual players. I don't think individual abuse is ever justified - even if a player really isn't trying (and that's rare) save your ire for this forum - it's really not going to do anyone any good shouting it from the stands, and usually upsets most people around you. But I don't know, for me - and I'm usually dead against booing the team off at half time - Wednesday night was different. It was as if in some way the team expected to be booed off, maybe given that they've set them selves high standards which they simply weren't achieving, and they reacted the right way. I didn't boo myself (never do) but it didn't really upset me this time that most of the stands did.

I don't think justified general booing will p*ss off the team. But I think individual abuse will.

I think the answer to that depends on your age. If you're 20 and all you have known/ can remember is PL or promotion chasing seasons, you probably are allowed to boo at 3 down. If you can remember Benson or Quinn as managers or Showers or Ashworth playing, you should be grateful for 3 down at home to Luton in the PL!
It's true that at away games you meet a lot of lads in their 20s for whom these past 10-15 years of success is all they've known, and it is their expectation.

Slogging up to League One / Two northern outposts and losing 1-0 to a late corner like the old days, is just as alien to that generation, as trips to Anfield and Old Trafford would have been to folks on here in decades past.

I’m sure our smaller stadium has a negative impact in that regard as one lone voice sounds louder.
I remember that back in the Division 3 days, in the games I managed to attend before leaving the country, that it wasn’t uncommon to be able to have a back and forth chat with one of the wingers, DURING THE MATCH.
Loved that ! How times have changed !

In response to the OP, undoubtedly YES.

I have never, would never boo my own side whatever the circumstances.

:utc: Always!
I don’t think you can answer that based on just yourself.

I remember days under Benson and Pulis when booing was more frequent than applause. So it’s not a new thing.

We could do with slipping down to L1 maybe in a couple of years time just to bring something to the palates of a few of the f√cking jerks that populate this Forum...see if they could handle it as Cherry fans in that environment... not sure they'd cope as well as Pompey supporters...different breed of Southerner I reckon reckon...less elitist..Pompey folk are unique..a bit similar in character to some northern areas or Scotland.....sorry but that's my experience !

We could do with slipping down to L1 maybe in a couple of years time just to bring something to the palates of a few of the f√cking jerks that populate this Forum...see if they could handle it as Cherry fans in that environment... not sure they'd cope as well as Pompey supporters...different breed of Southerner I reckon reckon...less elitist..Pompey folk are unique..a bit similar in character to some northern areas or Scotland.....sorry but that's my experience !
Actually, where were you on any forum when we were in Leagues 1 & 2?

Fucking jerk.

I mention this only because against my better nature I booed the team off at half time on Weds evening. Something I am not sure I ever did in the lower league days.
Also based on the abuse a fan gave Neto at half time.
Think our expectations at home sometimes exceed realism.....although I feel sometimes a desperation to maximise the good days which ironically spoils my experience of them.
A visit to church tomorrow and a full Hail Mary for you.

;