Have we become entitled

Only went to Nene Park the once. It was a midweek game. Don’t know the attendance, but I’m confident it was a lot more than 339.

Only went to Nene Park the once. It was a midweek game. Don’t know the attendance, but I’m confident it was a lot more than 339.
Changed a lot since then. The fans bought the club off the wealthy owner (Dr Martens boot guy), they then screwed everything up and ended up selling the ground, multiple relegations, ground sharing, then finding a new much smaller home, until ending up today bottom of the Northern Premier League Mid division. Hard to think they weren't far off getting to the Championship at their height.
My brother in law supported them and used to revel in their progress and our woes at the time. Not so much now though............................................

Changed a lot since then. The fans bought the club off the wealthy owner (Dr Martens boot guy), they then screwed everything up and ended up selling the ground, multiple relegations, ground sharing, then finding a new much smaller home, until ending up today bottom of the Northern Premier League Mid division. Hard to think they weren't far off getting to the Championship at their height.
My brother in law supported them and used to revel in their progress and our woes at the time. Not so much now though............................................
I didn't realise the 'stadium had been demolished. Shame, as when I went - can't remember the year or the score - the surrounds were quite impressive - all weather training pitches and floodlight training area. On reflection I think we drew but could well be wrong.

I didn't realise the 'stadium had been demolished. Shame, as when I went - can't remember the year or the score - the surrounds were quite impressive - all weather training pitches and floodlight training area. On reflection I think we drew but could well be wrong.
It was a great set up and they were well above their very near neighbours Northampton in terms of potential etc. They won Div 2 the year we beat Lincoln in the play off final, we beat them at home and lost away. the following season in Div 1 we did the double over them and they got relegated. A couple of years later they were non league again and all downhill.

I know someone who can........

Well I disagreed ;)

It's an absolute statement from someone trying to prove their point/fight their corner. History is littered with examples of people from all kind of backgrounds good and atrocious making that statement to justify actions ...(yes I know its just a message board, just saying...;))

Its up for scrutiny ie 'you can't argue it makes us worse...'

Well it could actually... as outlined in my previous post ;)

Well I disagreed ;)

It's an absolute statement from someone trying to prove their point/fight their corner. History is littered of examples of people from all kind ot backgrounds good and atrocious making that statement...

Its up for scrutiny ie 'you can't argue it makes us worse...'

Well it could actually... as outlined in my previous post ;)
Argue away, though it wasn't actually you I was thinking of. I'm sure you can guess who though. :hmmm:

The 'E' words ..Entitlement and Elitism....are the bread and butter of the mod middle - class 'afcb' fan...as he takes up his guaranteed plastic seat.
Efette
Back in the Day, my Dad would miss around 6 or 7 games of the 23 in Div 3 because he had to do an afternoon shift at Poole Power Station...so a ST was not practical...
But overall , it was the working mans sanctuary...a working mans game...working men were louder and created a decent atmosphere consistently.
However this is the way things have evolved...and the 'entitled' types are filling stadiums..even clubs like Middlesboro are getting more and more of these twonkers rocking up, wrists flapping, breath honking of Shiraz, three kids in tow each with a different version of $ 60 'strip'...each with a £1000 smartphone....taking up a space where the working man, now a ghost, once stood on the sacred and poorly mixed concrete..
....not interested in the FA Cup....only interested in how much we can get for Solanke....or penning daft songs for players who pass through but can't pass a ball or shoot !
Thousands of Working Men now attend Non - League at thousands of venues.

You want some more Popeye ?....I'm the boy for you..for this stuff... straight talk.
As we move further into Dollah Wallah Soccer...I'll have even more to say !

The 'E' words ..Entitlement and Elitism....are the bread and butter of the mod middle - class 'afcb' fan...as he takes up his guaranteed plastic seat.
Efette
Back in the Day, my Dad would miss around 6 or 7 games of the 23 in Div 3 because he had to do an afternoon shift at Poole Power Station...so a ST was not practical...
But overall , it was the working mans sanctuary...a working mans game...working men were louder and created a decent atmosphere consistently.
However this is the way things have evolved...and the 'entitled' types are filling stadiums..even clubs like Middlesboro are getting more and more of these twonkers rocking up, wrists flapping, breath honking of Shiraz, three kids in tow each with a different version of $ 60 'strip'...each with a £1000 smartphone....taking up a space where the working man, now a ghost, once stood on the sacred and poorly mixed concrete..
....not interested in the FA Cup....only interested in how much we can get for Solanke....or penning daft songs for players who pass through but can't pass a ball or shoot !

You want some more Popeye ?....I'm the boy for you..for this stuff... straight talk.
You ever consider that many of us old gits are having the time of our lives supporting Boscombe home and away in the best league in the world, rubbing the elites noses in it on a regular basis and feeling proud of what we have achieved. It may not be for you but for me there is something pretty good looking at the fixture list and seeing all those teams that we only ever dreamed of playing in the 3rd round of the cup. Hmm next home game Everton or Tranmere, you choose!

Efette

Straight talking but utterly wrong. Want more of this ********************************? Brians got it.

You ever consider that many of us old gits are having the time of our lives supporting Boscombe home and away in the best league in the world, rubbing the elites noses in it on a regular basis and feeling proud of what we have achieved. It may not be for you but for me there is something pretty good looking at the fixture list and seeing all those teams that we only ever dreamed of playing in the 3rd round of the cup. Hmm next home game Everton or Tranmere, you choose!
Wouldn't bother me what league we are in...Boscombe Football is Boscombe Football ..unique in its skin...but yes it's nice to have some time in the top league irrespective of it's false quality and imperfections. I'm enjoying much of it if only on screens and making my presence felt as a veteran supporter.
I imagine Tranmere will be back one day....the dream of playing MC or MU is slowly diminishing and will eventually die if we ever beat MC.
Those dreams were always there but because no players like Greaves or Best or Matthews or Mitchell have rocked up since 2015 it's slightly disappointing.
A Derby v Poole Town, Weymouth or Dorchester weirdly and cosily appeals to me.

Wouldn't bother me what league we are in...Boscombe Football is Boscombe Football ..unique in its skin...but yes it's nice to have some time in the top league irrespective of it's false quality and imperfections. I'm enjoying much of it if only on screens and making my presence felt as a veteran supporter.
I imagine Tranmere will be back one day....the dream of playing MC or MU is slowly diminishing and will eventually die if we ever beat MC.
Those dreams were always there but because no players like Greaves or Best or Matthews or Mitchell have rocked up since 2015 it's slightly disappointing.
A Derby v Poole Town, Weymouth or Dorchester weirdly and cosily appeals to me.
I sometimes wonder if like Pompey, we dropped down the leagues and ended up in League 1, how big our attendances would be.

Proving you weren't around in league 1 days - surprise there. If you were (and you clearly weren't) you'd know your post is complete and utter bollox.

You literally make this stuff up don't you Brian.
Doesn't prove anything...we had more in L1 then, including me, than we will get if we go back to L1 again...that's all I'm saying.

Clearly weren't there ? Wtf are you babbling about...because I'm not attending now doesn't mean I wasn't then or in L2 ..or the old Div 2.. or the old Div 3. ..when I lived in Poole...I was there alright...its why I'm so f√cking animated about the club. now ! Nostalgia is a potent emotion...Why would I make such a fuss otherwise
You are rightly proud of your attendance now ..I would never try to dispute that... so please let me have my pride of my time at DC !
That's a polite request.

;