Help support Oxford United's quest for a new stadium

I love Oxford, it's a great place. Lived there for 10 years, got married at Oxford Thames Four Pillars Hotel. Went to the Manor Ground once (we lost 2-1), never the Kassam (other than to the soft play and bowling next door). Not that any of that is relevant, I'll have a look at your questionnaire..

I love Oxford, it's a great place. Lived there for 10 years, got married at Oxford Thames Four Pillars Hotel. Went to the Manor Ground once (we lost 2-1), never the Kassam (other than to the soft play and bowling next door). Not that any of that is relevant, I'll have a look at your questionnaire..
Thanks, Horatio. It IS a great place, isn't it. Congratulations on never having made it to the Kassam, but you'll have to trust me that it's a real dump!

Oxford - A place that can spawn lots of bands without being a dump (that usually forces people to make music from boredom!)

Ride, Radiohead, Supergrass, Foals...must be some more.

Hi, an Oxford United fan here in peace.

Our club is desperately trying to secure a new stadium site, or we’ll be homeless from 2026, because the owner of the site has refused to renew the lease.

With that in mind, if anyone on here would be happy to fill in, with positive answers, a short online questionnaire being run by Oxfordshire County Council, our fans would be massively grateful.

It only takes about five minutes or so to fill in the short online form at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C8O8VI/ by 23 July 2023. To find out more about what Oxford United is proposing, the benefits to the club and community, and some FAQs, you can go to: Oxford United Stadium – Oxford United Football Club (oufcstadium.co.uk)

The benefits to you as away fans will be:

• A sustainable stadium right next door to a major railway station in Oxford Parkway (a short train ride from Oxford City Centre) and opposite a large Park&Ride site, which would make it one of the easiest, greenest grounds to get to in the UK.
  • Proper drinking, food and entertainment options at the ground itself, compared to embarrassing facilities currently on offer at our current ground or nearby.
  • A modern, well-designed ground which will help to support a proper atmosphere, rather than the soulless, three-sided ground we have now.
A few sentences on any of the above for the survey’s comment box (item #12 or #21) would be really helpful in showing our County Council that the new ground will be sustainable, increase spending in Oxfordshire, and provide excellent facilities for home AND away fans.

We all appreciate the value of a good away day, whether we’re potentially playing you in a league or cup game from 2026 onwards. Taking a few minutes to support a fellow club before it becomes homeless would be massively appreciated. Thank you so much!
Just giving this a bump as it is now one week until the Survey closes on 23 July. Thank you if you have already filled in the survey to help ensure Oxford United isn't homeless from 2026 and can instead offer a new ground which is easy to access via public transport, offers modern facilities, and will ensure a better atmosphere for both home and away fans. The survey and more information can still be found here: https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/stadium-land-use-negotiations Thank you so much for your help!!
Hi, an Oxford United fan here in peace.

Our club is desperately trying to secure a new stadium site, or we’ll be homeless from 2026, because the owner of the site has refused to renew the lease.

With that in mind, if anyone on here would be happy to fill in, with positive answers, a short online questionnaire being run by Oxfordshire County Council, our fans would be massively grateful.

It only takes about five minutes or so to fill in the short online form at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C8O8VI/ by 23 July 2023. To find out more about what Oxford United is proposing, the benefits to the club and community, and some FAQs, you can go to: Oxford United Stadium – Oxford United Football Club (oufcstadium.co.uk)

The benefits to you as away fans will be:

• A sustainable stadium right next door to a major railway station in Oxford Parkway (a short train ride from Oxford City Centre) and opposite a large Park&Ride site, which would make it one of the easiest, greenest grounds to get to in the UK.
  • Proper drinking, food and entertainment options at the ground itself, compared to embarrassing facilities currently on offer at our current ground or nearby.
  • A modern, well-designed ground which will help to support a proper atmosphere, rather than the soulless, three-sided ground we have now.
A few sentences on any of the above for the survey’s comment box (item #12 or #21) would be really helpful in showing our County Council that the new ground will be sustainable, increase spending in Oxfordshire, and provide excellent facilities for home AND away fans.

We all appreciate the value of a good away day, whether we’re potentially playing you in a league or cup game from 2026 onwards. Taking a few minutes to support a fellow club before it becomes homeless would be massively appreciated. Thank you so much!
Just giving this a bump as it is now one week until the Survey closes on 23 July. Thank you if you have already filled in the survey to help ensure Oxford United isn't homeless from 2026 and can instead offer a new ground which is easy to access via public transport, offers modern facilities, and will ensure a better atmosphere for both home and away fans. The survey and more information can still be found here: https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/stadium-land-use-negotiations Thank you so much for your help!!

All done, Jon : )

Only time we went to the Kassam was a League cup match at the start of our Groves-Brooks experiment. Awful lifeless 0-0, lost on penalties, with a lot of the squad that won the Championship a couple of seasons later : )

It's etched upon my mind because of the nearby pub, seemed to be in the middle of nowhere ( if there wasn't a match on) but very busy in the build up to the match. The pub's Accessible loo was something else. One of the biggest we've ever been in but was basically just a big wooden gardener's SHED. Very long and spacious but look around and there were 3 big petrol mowers, 45 litre tubs of weed killer, pesticides and fertilisers , so unusual it's the sort of thing memories are made of : )

I am still scarred by losing 3-0 on Boxing Day 21 years ago, with one of our players (Marcus Browning) getting himself sent off. So the sooner you move to a new ground the better :)

Light hearted comments aside, we all know how most football clubs are vulnerable to spurious investors, get rich quick property schemes, half hearted Council support, strident Nimbies etc. A local football club is a strong community asset and finding a way to make clubs financially sustainable and utilised more than twenty times a year is very important. So I will look through the material and I’d encourage others to do the same.
That was a very poor Boxing Day - I arrived late and left early !
Went to the Kassam for a League Cup match under Groves I think ? Played v early - a 0-0 we lost on penalties….not good .

It's still there, Stan.

Graham, trust me, no one's actually had the "pleasure" of the Kassam. It's a three-sided dump that's never been cared for.

The owner wants to make even more money by making the ground available for housing. And, like many cities, Oxford needs more housing. I just pity the poor people who buy there when the stench from the sewage farm hits their nostrils.
My U’s mate from work concurs completely with your assessment of the ground and the lack of investment over the years … Good luck with the new stadium plans and on the pitch , a new start and a squad refresh for a playoff punt ?

;