Here for the Bournemouth.

Not sure of the science of this but it seems to be almost a direct inverse of home capacity?

It is a function of two things:

o the small size of Dean Court means every other team’s stats include one c10k attendance; and
o lots of teams report the numbers of tickets sold, including no-shows. Again that boosts our numbers.

It is a function of two things:

o the small size of Dean Court means every other team’s stats include one c10k attendance; and
o lots of teams report the numbers of tickets sold, including no-shows. Again that boosts our numbers.
Likewise If Man U have the biggest capacity ground they will never get near the top of away average attendances, unless they play themselves!

I'm not sure I get this chart... Even taking into account every other PL team having to take the hit of coming to us... That is only 2k off their attendance figures (assuming most clubs offer circa 3k away fans)... That would still place us in 6/7th place of best away attendances in the league... Above the might Forest..? Newcastle? Liverpool? Manure? Arsenal... clubs where it is impossible to get away tickets for...?

Is that really right...??? Have I missunderstood this chart..

I'm not sure I get this chart... Even taking into account every other PL team having to take the hit of coming to us... That is only 2k off their attendance figures (assuming most clubs offer circa 3k away fans)... That would still place us in 6/7th place of best away attendances in the league... Above the might Forest..? Newcastle? Liverpool? Manure? Arsenal... clubs where it is impossible to get away tickets for...?

Is that really right...??? Have I missunderstood this chart..

Well the total capacity of all the grounds is 821,032 according to Google Bard (once I reminded it that Norwich and WBA aren't there anymore) 43k on average which feels about right.

So you will play your away fixtures against that many people minus your home capacity. So we will be playing in front of potentially 810k people away but Man Utd have a maximum potential of 750k so about 60k difference which over 19 games is about 3k on the average. The difference will only get smaller from there.

In summary it seems like a bit of both.

In reality we're probably in the bottom few teams for aways. I think we've only taken our full allocation for a handful of games. That said I still think our away support is exceptional for our location and the history of the club doing its level best to limit attracting fans.

Yep mad isn't it thinking back to 15 years ago taking 2-300 away.

What's our lowest PL away crowd? about 800-900? Possibly the rearranged United match after the fake bomb?

Well the total capacity of all the grounds is 821,032 according to Google Bard (once I reminded it that Norwich and WBA aren't there anymore) 43k on average which feels about right.

So you will play your away fixtures against that many people minus your home capacity. So we will be playing in front of potentially 810k people away but Man Utd have a maximum potential of 750k so about 60k difference which over 19 games is about 3k on the average. The difference will only get smaller from there.

In summary it seems like a bit of both.

Like I think... :hmmm:

Yep mad isn't it thinking back to 15 years ago taking 2-300 away.

What's our lowest PL away crowd? about 800-900? Possibly the rearranged United match after the fake bomb?

To be fair... I always thought in the lower leagues we always had a decent away following... Some folk get excited at us having away tickets going to Gen Sale and questioning expansion etc. We're a small club and always will be...

We sold out Newcastle 1st time round and take decent support every other time and we sell out pretty much every club south of the Midlands... Admittedly, it's not always full away ends we (the club) take but there isn't much the fans can do about that...

Favourite away chant this season, and will be for a long time...

They're all f*cking shite...!!!
21 players... They're all f*cking shite...!!!

If memory serves me correct, I counted 63 one miserable midweek night at Millwall in December 82 ish.
No idea why I counted, or why it stuck in my mind. We also had a few sat down I think, but it was very sparse on the terrace for a London game

To be fair... I always thought in the lower leagues we always had a decent away following... Some folk get excited at us having away tickets going to Gen Sale and questioning expansion etc. We're a small club and always will be...

We sold out Newcastle 1st time round and take decent support every other time and we sell out pretty much every club south of the Midlands... Admittedly, it's not always full away ends we (the club) take but there isn't much the fans can do about that...

Favourite away chant this season, and will be for a long time...

21 players... They're all f*cking shite...!!!

From what stage in lower leagues do you reckon we had a good following mate? From what i recall in 90's stood on away terraces, anything north of Midlands we'd be lucky to get more than 200 to 400, if nothing was at stake (iirc).

From what stage in lower leagues do you reckon we had a good following mate? From what i recall in 90's stood on away terraces, anything north of Midlands we'd be lucky to get more than 200 to 400, if nothing was at stake (iirc).
…agree very rarely did I ever see more than 1k of us away from the 90’s until around 2010?

;