Here's an idea before the next home game.

Download this little beauty to your phone, it's even a nice red and black colour.

Then take some readings of stuff in your life to get some idea of how loud a loud thing is.

Come the next home game, see just how bloody loud the PA is in comparison and gently let the club know.

In an ideal world somebody would do this at Anfield as a comparison; are the Scousers also being deafened?

I thought you were going to say let's not be checked TWICE within 10 yards of each other before getting to the turnstyle
I told the second guy I’d already been searched and he let me through. Maybe he was gullible enough to believe that I hadn’t been passed a knife in those last 10 yards.

It's a master plan by the club. Take away the 1910 and let the only outside bar fill up by 1pm forcing everyone else into the stadium in search of alcohol by 2 pm and therefore forcing them to listen to the excruciatingly loud tosh from the house DJ. It's genius.

but from 10 mins to go, it's game time

Game time?

Are you American? :grinning:

The game kicks off at 3 pm (sometimes), until that time I have no desire to be force fed stuff.

I go to football for a few drinks, have chat with a few people and then shout myself hoarse.

*mutters*

'Game time', it's right up there with 'matchday experience'...........................................

Yeah , game time wasn't the best phrase. makes me sound like one of Frevolas mates..But there is a definite divide between those that go for the passion and the atmosphere, and those that go as a social occasion..and they choose their stands accordingly

Yeah , game time wasn't the best phrase. makes me sound like one of Frevolas mates..But there is a definite divide between those that go for the passion and the atmosphere, and those that go as a social occasion..and they choose their stands accordingly
Not necessarily in terms of choosing stands. If I want two seats next to one another for me and my son, that usually means the Ted Mac, by the time it gets down to my points level (when tickets go on sale on a Tuesday, I can buy on the Thursday).

You don't need some dumb DJ belting out crap at a million decibels to generate passion and atmosphere. In fact it kills it.

You don't need some dumb DJ belting out crap at a million decibels to generate passion and atmosphere. In fact it kills it.

Saturday had to be the poorest opening day atmosphere for years. I'm not sure if that's because my ears hadn't quite adjusted from the pre match assault or as you say they killed it with all that nonsense.

I know it's not like me to go against the grain but I actually don't mind the volume level on the music. That's not to say that the crowd atmosphere wouldn't be improved by not having music before the game but I personally think if you are going to have music then have it loud.

Does anybody who isn't a season ticket holder get to choose a stand?

Saturday had to be the poorest opening day atmosphere for years. I'm not sure if that's because my ears hadn't quite adjusted from the pre match assault or as you say they killed it with all that nonsense.

When the 'noise for the boy's round the stands thing happened the music continued so the crowd couldn't be heard. No surprise that the crowd were quiet at the start.

Let the fans sing. I know the players want loud music. So be it. But the crowd atmosphere suffers.

;