Home Tickets/Attendance

james_AFCB

Star Player
Something just doesn’t add up. Attendance against Birmingham is reported as 8708, about 2500 short of capacity. The club announced on January the 4th that “all tickets had been issued”.

Either 1 in 4 home tickets remained unused despite being sold, the club is in fact not selling all tickets, or the attendance is being under reported. Any idea which it is?!

The general perception is it’s incredibly difficult to get home league tickets unless you go most weeks or are a ST holder. Seems crazy that we sell out games weeks/months before they occur, and yet we end up with about 7500 home fans in attendance….

One for the supporters club to bring up with the club again?

Sold does not equal issued.

Some people might find themselves not able to go, sponsors might not take up tickets. There might be lots of reasons.

Under reporting the attendance would probably be illegal.

Sold does not equal issued.

Some people might find themselves not able to go, sponsors might not take up tickets. There might be lots of reasons.

Under reporting the attendance would probably be illegal.

That was sort of the point of my post Rob. Do you think therefore that 1 in 4 home fans doesn’t turn up? Seems very high to me. If so we have one of, if not the lowest “turn up” rates of any club in the country. Why is that…?

As I mentioned in another thread. The blocks of seats empty are usually unused sponsor tickets.
However, even allowing for the unsold tickets in the family block as well, I can’t see how there were 2300 empty seats
Although I noticed on the alternate angle item on cows the camera showed a block of around 3/400 seats covered over next to the Brum fans. I’ve not seen that before.

As I mentioned in another thread. The blocks of seats empty are usually unused sponsor tickets.
However, even allowing for the unsold tickets in the family block as well, I can’t see how there were 2300 empty seats
Although I noticed on the alternate angle item on cows the camera showed a block of around 3/400 seats covered over next to the Brum fans. I’ve not seen that before.

I think I saw they had sold 800 tickets with two days to go.

Birmingham reported about 1000 as travelling for the game, so that’s 300 empty seats there. Still leaves 2200 empty home seats.

How many sponsors seats do we have? I’d be surprised if it was more than 200? And even are we saying that no sponsors turn up for a game they’ve paid to sponsor?!

After 11 games at Dean Court this season.

Fan banter

24) AFC BOURNEMOUTH

The average attendance at AFC Bournemouth’s Vitality Stadium for the 2021/22 Championship season so far currently stands at 9,585.

It means that the Cherries, who sit 1st in the current standings, have on average filled 84.6 % of their ground, according to data from the Transfermarkt website.

The club had 7,745 for the 2019/20 season, however fans were unable to attend from March 2019 and then for the majority, weren’t allowed to allow full capacity for the 2020/21 campaign.

how many tickets do players & staff get? that must be a large number. would be nice to see those fairly monitored & used.

Last edited:
There were visibly sections of empty seats against Brum. I didn't realise the attendance was that low but could see it was well under 10,000.

There were visibly sections of empty seats against Brum. I didn't realise the attendance was that low but could see it was well under 10,000.

The family section I believe makes up the 2 end blocks in the main stand, and they must have been about 20% full. Would like to know if 80% simply didn’t turn up or if the club didn’t sell the tickets. I’d imagine it’s a combination of the 2, but either way there would be some relatively straight forward solutions to fix the problem to allow more to attend.

The covered area has always been there I thought.

The family section I believe makes up the 2 end blocks in the main stand, and they must have been about 20% full. Would like to know if 80% simply didn’t turn up or if the club didn’t sell the tickets. I’d imagine it’s a combination of the 2, but either way there would be some relatively straight forward solutions to fix the problem to allow more to attend.

Same complaint as earlier in the season for evening games, vast swathes of empty seats in block 1 and 9 but the club stick out headlines of all tickets allocated, only to hide further down in the article that there are still tickets in the family areas that you have to phone up to get…

Block 8 looked pretty full up which is the main family block.

Same complaint as earlier in the season for evening games, vast swathes of empty seats in block 1 and 9 but the club stick out headlines of all tickets allocated, only to hide further down in the article that there are still tickets in the family areas that you have to phone up to get…

Block 8 looked pretty full up which is the main family block.
Surely a relatively easy solution here is to only make one of block 1/9 a family area for evening games. Any season ticket holders can be moved to the same row or as near as possible in the other block. The club can then sell the freed up block on the ticketing portal as normal.

I also don’t understand why the club can’t sell those blocks on the portal? Why do they have to be bought via a phone line where no one picks up?

I think the family blocks that are a problem,is that midweek games are usually on a school night but on Saturdays are normally full.
I have noticed over many years that midweek games have a much higher proportion of adults to children than Saturdays.
So,I conclude that more families can go on Saturdays than midweek school nights ,and more adults can go midweek because many have to work on Saturdays.

Hope that's more clear than mud.

I thought capacity of 11300 was reduced after we entered the premiership. Seats were allocated to the extra press numbers etc pushing down max tickets available to the public to bout 10900.

;