Horse Racing

Can’t say I know much m/anything about the racing scene in the US (happy to listen to tips though!) but the UK jump season started last weekend and there are cards at Wetherby and Aintree I’ll have a little nibble at this weekend.

Melbourne cup in Aus next Tuesday as well, Vauban currently favourite for that, I’ll take a proper look after final declarations on Saturday

Melbourne Cup is a hard race to bet on despite the spectacle.

Very rarely does the favourite win, or the second favourite.

It's a Bookies dream.

Melbourne Cup is a hard race to bet on despite the spectacle.

Very rarely does the favourite win, or the second favourite.

It's a Bookies dream.
Yep. Backed a couple of NZ horses, Stockman and forget the other. Nothing

My friend is part owner of Lindy who is running it the Fillies and Mares Turf Sat night currently 11/1, they have had success before with Malavath finishing 2nd and then 5th last year.

I do love a bit of horse racing. Never really got into betting on it unless on the course. I have to be there, it's just the way it is.

Had Absurde at 22/1, into 10/1....

And Break up at 15/1 at the same SP currently.

Both EW.

Melbourne Cup is an absolute lottery however.

Mullins knows when he is on a good thing otherwise he wouldn't of sent VAUBAN over.
But if you want one at enormous odds OKITO SOUSHI @66/1 e/w.
Joseph O'Brien knows what kind of horse is needed to win this race, he has already won it twice in his short carreer and this horse won a good hcp at Royal Ascot and has just had a prep race over there. VAUBAN for me, with a small e/w and r/f wager on O'Brien's horse.

Mullins knows when he is on a good thing otherwise he wouldn't of sent VAUBAN over.
But if you want one at enormous odds OKITO SOUSHI @66/1 e/w.
Joseph O'Brien knows what kind of horse is needed to win this race, he has already won it twice in his short carreer and this horse won a good hcp at Royal Ascot and has just had a prep race over there. VAUBAN for me, with a small e/w and r/f wager on O'Brien's horse

80/1 £2.50 ew....

Had Absurde at 22/1, into 10/1....

And Break up at 15/1 at the same SP currently.

Both EW.

Melbourne Cup is an absolute lottery however.
Wish I had a decent stack ew on Absurde at 22!

Famous last words but I can’t see anything outside the top 5 in the betting winning this, I’ve done forecasts with Vauban and those others and two chunky ew bets on Absurde and Soulcombe (if anyone can get the latter out the gate quickly it’s Joao Moreira)

Wish I had a decent stack ew on Absurde at 22!

Famous last words but I can’t see anything outside the top 5 in the betting winning this, I’ve done forecasts with Vauban and those others and two chunky ew bets on Absurde and Soulcombe (if anyone can get the latter out the gate quickly it’s Joao Moreira)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231103-212820_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231103-212820_Chrome.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 6
Great race

3 Without a fight
4 Soulcombe
14 Sheraz
11 Ashrun

First4 332,291.10

Was keen on Absurde with 150 to go but got nailed.

Favourite, nowhere...... as usual in the Melbourne Cup.

300 bucks down, but a great race and spectacle.

Well done winners.

Soulcombe so frustrating, missed the start (again) has to burn up some fuel to get back into the mix and then ends up second - saying that Without a Fight looked to have some left in the locker as well, but would have been great to see them slugging it out at the line.

Skybet was paying 6 places, I had thought Absurde maybe just held on to get me some money back from that, but seems he didn’t quite get it :(

Great race though!

;