Hospitality Tuesday

Steady Eddie 1

Star Player
What a joke....
Went online to book Brighton tickets and ALL the supposed "CHERRY TUESDAY" tickets are priced at £87 including hospitality.
They really are trying to push away the traditional supporters.

Don't want to sound insensitive, but finally managed to get a CT ticket today in 27. Were only a few left when I got past the wait room

Yeah, you'd hope they can do something to prioritize long standing fans with points.

Sadly I think best approach is to lower expectations to next to nothing, to avoid disappointment and frustration.

I was in waiting room for about 2mins after the Web opened. Only tix available were hospitality. To make matters worse I ordered tickets online last Thursday but couldn't complete the transaction because their system couldn't accept online payments.
Called the T/O and they assured me the tickets were reserved for me and they would call me back for payment once issue was resolved.... NO CALL BACK

Yeah, you'd hope they can do something to prioritize long standing fans with points.

Sadly I think best approach is to lower expectations to next to nothing, to avoid disappointment and frustration.
As a supporter on the outside looking in, it's pretty clear this is already happening. Haven't seen a seat available all year after the 2nd point drop. Need 28+ points right now to have access to probably 3-4,000 tickets...meanwhile everyone else gets cherry tuesday and the ticket exchange and nothing else.

Reactions: Mdl
I was in waiting room for about 2mins after the Web opened. Only tix available were hospitality. To make matters worse I ordered tickets online last Thursday but couldn't complete the transaction because their system couldn't accept online payments.
Called the T/O and they assured me the tickets were reserved for me and they would call me back for payment once issue was resolved.... NO CALL BACK

Sorry to hear that mate, that sort of customer service, or lack of really p1sses me off.

Had several instances of it recently... funny enough from council, but somewhat expect it from them!

This stuff, around ticketing, long standing fans, prioritization etc needs to be raised at forum imo.

Bring it out into open, and make them uncomfortable if they give wishy/washy answer.

Not like fans (to best of my knowledge) are asking to meet players before, after and even half time, and receiving an engraved rolex from the board. But some kind of structure and nod that they acknowledge 'genuine' fans 'service' over the years should be there... imo anyway.

I have a problem with companies, that show no loyalty or acknowledgement to people who've spent a lot over the years with them. Particularly football club, where its a bit more emotive for us.

Last edited:
What a joke....
Went online to book Brighton tickets and ALL the supposed "CHERRY TUESDAY" tickets are priced at £87 including hospitality.
They really are trying to push away the traditional supporters.
To give you some hope. When the so called returned tickets go on sale the day before the game. Any unsold hospitality tickets are sold as seat only, in other words normal price.
The last couple of games there has been over 100 tickets available and took over an hour to sell out.

Sorry to hear that mate, that sort of customer service, or lack of really p1sses me off.

Had several instances of it recently... funny enough from council, but somewhat expect it from them!

This stuff, around ticketing, long standing fans, prioritization etc needs to be raised at forum imo.

Bring it out into open, and make them uncomfortable if they give wishy/washy answer.

Not like fans (to best of my knowledge) are asking to meet players before, after and even half time, and receiving an engraved rolex from the board. But some kind of structure and nod that they acknowledge 'genuine' fans 'service' over the years should be there... imo anyway.

I have a problem with companies, that show no loyalty or acknowledgement to people who've spent a lot over the years with them. Particularly football club, where its a bit more emotive for us.
Agreed. All these shenanigans doesn't sound very hospitable to me.

Agreed. All these shenanigans doesn't sound very hospitable to me.

Exactly. I know you're reluctant too, but if I were you I'd try and use your security background to get employed by the club, then reverse engineer the inner workings from there mate.

I guess the onlly thing is, if some of Demins old staff are still at the club, and possibly KGB? But guess you know how to take care of that?

As a supporter on the outside looking in, it's pretty clear this is already happening. Haven't seen a seat available all year after the 2nd point drop. Need 28+ points right now to have access to probably 3-4,000 tickets...meanwhile everyone else gets cherry tuesday and the ticket exchange and nothing else.
We have 32 pts and still can't get a ticket.

Exactly. I know you're reluctant too, but if I were you I'd try and use your security background to get employed by the club, then reverse engineer the inner workings from there mate.

I guess the onlly thing is, if some of Demins old staff are still at the club, and possibly KGB? But guess you know how to take care of that?
As already stated. I have never been employed in the security industry.

Good day.

I think the problem that the club have is trying to agitate the system enough to see whether we have 9,000 diehard fans and nobody else or 15,000 diehard fans with 100,000 that would go to a game a year without pissing those 9k off too much.

It doesn't excuse the sh*tshow of what happened with the ticket office, which is par for the course in my experience for my entire time following the club just not so keenly felt back when you could get tickets on the day.

It’s a site for sore eyes, Steven driving his Hillman Imp wearing his mothercare uniform. It might be were he gets the delusional thoughts that he was in the RAF.
Theres a pilot who shares Stevens name. Steven Hinton. Holds a few world records.

Last edited:
Proves my point. If you need more than 32 points to get a ticket, then clearly they're already giving priority to long standing fans with points.
That’s true. If they were starting with fans on one point you could understand steady Eddies point. Should fans with more than 32 points forgo their tickets?
Not having a go at Steady Eddie. In fact my post above tries to help him. In the end we need a bigger stadium.
I think Brian mentioned this once. :rolleyes:

What’s the current maximum home points tally? 19 points from last season, 14 points so far from this. Plus 2 friendlies, 3 women’s games and 1 development squad game? Is that correct? So 39 points as it stands?

When Brentford goes on sale next week it’s going on sale to 35 points+, so it is kind of doing a sale to max point holders and the first points drop. It’s just doing it all at once because, I’d guess, that’s roughly where the demand sits to guarantee all of those a seat.

Which was the point of the point system, to guarantee maximum point holders a seat.

Ideally the points system could be better utilised giving those just under that threshold a better chance than dropping down 6 points. But I can only assume the ticket system has its limitations in this area.

What’s the current maximum home points tally? 19 points from last season, 14 points so far from this. Plus 2 friendlies, 3 women’s games and 1 development squad game? Is that correct? So 39 points as it stands?

When Brentford goes on sale next week it’s going on sale to 35 points+, so it is kind of doing a sale to max point holders and the first points drop. It’s just doing it all at once because, I’d guess, that’s roughly where the demand sits to guarantee all of those a seat.

Which was the point of the point system, to guarantee maximum point holders a seat.

Ideally the points system could be better utilised giving those just under that threshold a better chance than dropping down 6 points. But I can only assume the ticket system has its limitations in this area.
Since Brentford is the only home match not on sale yet, it's 37 points from league matches at the moment, plus any non-league points

;