How do you rate our “buys”

mark pike

Star Player
From Rantie to Solanke not forgetting Hyndman,Ibe, Brad Smith,etc
It looks like at least 50% have been poor or have become injury prone.
Sorry as has been posted earlier,but Solanke appears the worst of them all,no pace can’t shoot ,can’t head ,looks lost and cost £17 m.

We do seem to have lost our way with some them :(

Are we asking them to play in positions that do not favour their style of playing ? Is EH far too rigid in his tactical set-ups that they are being asked to play well out of their own comfort zones, it's EH way or the highway. Unfortunately some of the signs could be pointing to dressing room issues , has Eddie lost some of them ? :throw:

If you list our signings and loans since the premier league the success rate is very poor as an average v other clubs.

Is it very poor though? Think that’s a bit of an exaggeration. Plenty of good buys in there as well, which by definition averages out our transfer business as being “middling”.

Solanke could still end up being a good signing, blaming him for not knowing what he's doing, as a new signing, when almost everyone around him look just as lost isn't particularly fair. Judge him when (if?) the whole team is playing better.

For every Rantie, B Smith, we have a Lerma, Stacey etc.

From Rantie to Solanke not forgetting Hyndman,Ibe, Brad Smith,etc
It looks like at least 50% have been poor or have become injury prone.
Sorry as has been posted earlier,but Solanke appears the worst of them all,no pace can’t shoot ,can’t head ,looks lost and cost £17 m.

Well over the same period of time we’ve signed Wilson and King not forgetting Lerma, Brooks, Stacey etc.

Then there was Boruc, Ramsdale, Surman, Gosling, Stanislas, Lewis Cook etc.

Huge profits on the like of Mings and Mousset, even profits on the likes of Afobe.

Solanke cost £17 m.
Maupay cost 20. Quite a difference in presence.

Unfortunately some of the signs could be pointing to dressing room issues , has Eddie lost some of them ? :throw:
I keep wondering about this. We have no evidence, just our own speculation, but crikes our guys don't look half lost.

Must admit I had trouble sleeping last night because of our guys. I'm at the point where I think we need at least 10 points from the next five games, my heart says we can do it (Wham, Norwich, Brighton, Villa, Watford) but my head has many many doubts.

If you list our signings and loans since the premier league the success rate is very poor as an average v other clubs.

Got to be honest I've not done a thorough analysis of other sides' signings. What metric did you use to compare on?

I assumed it was a "my club" bias like how every club's fans always thinks they concede late or have more injuries then anyone else.

2019 - matter of opinion but I’d imagine Kelly and Stacey will turn out well, but ignoring them...

2018 - Lerma, Brooks
2017 - Ake
2016 - Lewis Cook, Ramsdale
2015 - Boruc, King
We giving up on Rico and Mepham - who have both improved considerably this season? Is Danjuma being put in the the same category as Kelly and Stacey? Is Billing now a terrible signing after a great first quarter of the season?

2019 - matter of opinion but I’d imagine Kelly and Stacey will turn out well, but ignoring them...

2018 - Lerma, Brooks
2017 - Ake
2016 - Lewis Cook, Ramsdale
2015 - Boruc, King

When was Lewis Cook last MoM, great talent not being developed.

Mepham and Stacey have stepped up when the going has got tougher, Billing and Solanke have gone missing in action.

The higher profile the fee and the player the less they have improved apart from Ake and Lerma ?

;