How is everyone this morning?

Good thread Al ! After the initial shock and disappointment I’m now firmly back on the excitement train heading for who knows what the fook is coming central. Whatever it is going to be, it isn’t going to be boring is it ? At least not for a while. It could be the change needed to shake off the tinpot or it could be the change needed to get us back to the small time where we spent most of our history.

I hope Eddie takes a break and some time away from football. We’ll need him refreshed and full of fire when he comes back to try to keep us in the EFL for a second time !

It’s a time of great upheaval for AFCB, clearly. Upheaval isn’t boring so let’s enjoy the ride ahead of us, wherever it may lead us. As AFCB fans we live for the rough as well as the smooth., it’s all part of the experience.
:toot::utc:

In response to op:

First off - thanks for asking.

Secondly - I feel like I've been hit by a truck. A big sad truck.

tenor.gif

That's a really unfounded concern. Eddie's leaving could 100% be down to Eddie's decision, which Max was unable to reverse. I still believe Max has the intention of backing the club & continuing to invest. Let's see.
Hope you’re right!

Good thread this. I was gutted last night and like Al steered clear of this forum. I am still sad this morning because it is not an end befitting the man at all. All things come to an end but to not be able to give him a proper send off, or even just experience the end together.

That said, it's not the end for either club or manager and it may well be the best thing for both. Even if we are in for hard times it's my opinion that the AFCB roller-coaster is infinitely more exciting and interesting than just surviving in the top flight season after season. Bring it on.

Feels like we’ve ended up with the worst of both worlds.
After the Newcastle game I feel it would have made more sense to part ways and try to salvage our prem status with a new manager bounce. Especially if there was any understanding/inkling that Eddie would go if we got relegated. Think the financial implications are too dire for us, and that would have been worth a shot.
With us relegated at least the majority of us felt we had the best man for the job of possibly getting us back up and bringing through the young talent in the championship.
Now we have neither. We’re right in the sh#% now, no doubt about it.

Well it was always going to happen at some point. FWIW I believe EH when he says mutual consent, I think he is physically and mentally shattered.
As one of the older gits on this forum I can't get too wound up either way, good times, bad times, money in buckets, -17 points, in administration 3 times, different owners, relegation, promotion, lots of boring seasons in between, good players sold cheap, bad players bought expensively, good managers and bad. Bring on the next chapter and see what it brings.....................BUT.....................................I just want to go and watch football again.

Good thread this. I was gutted last night and like Al steered clear of this forum. I am still sad this morning because it is not an end befitting the man at all. All things come to an end but to not be able to give him a proper send off, or even just experience the end together.

That said, it's not the end for either club or manager and it may well be the best thing for both. Even if we are in for hard times it's my opinion that the AFCB roller-coaster is infinitely more exciting and interesting than just surviving in the top flight season after season. Bring it on.

I'm not quite there yet, but I will be, eventually. The speed of that process will be decided by the appointment and the style that person brings.

I'm not quite there yet, but I will be, eventually. The speed of that process will be decided by the appointment and the style that person brings.

I felt Eddie was the best bloke to really give it a go next season, however perhaps we all got into some kind of comfort zone with him. I'm really not sure what to think. I mean the back room set up is all Eddies so what happens next ? Recruit Internally and change little or a clean sweep with a new guy. The roller coaster continues, relegation, the statement from Max, now this.

Yes it's in the clubs court now........how they handle it and keep fans informed (?) Will be interesting to say the least.......never a dull moment, as Del boy says ...bring it on

I felt Eddie was the best bloke to really give it a go next season, however perhaps we all got into some kind of comfort zone with him. I'm really not sure what to think. I mean the back room set up is all Eddies so what happens next ? Recruit Internally and change little or a clean sweep with a new guy. The roller coaster continues, relegation, the statement from Max, now this.

Think it has to be a clean sweep.

The club has to decide what off the pitch structure its going for ie a free reign for the manager to control it all, like Eddie.

Or more a set up like most clubs, with director of football taking the fall for signings etc like at Aston Villa.

Either way, that is unlikely to leave a roll for Tindall, Hughes and the majority of the coaching staff.

I did worry about the statement from Max and still do.

"We cannot hide from the fact that this has been a strange, difficult and bitterly disappointing season."

This always felt a bit ominous and the statement of intent about keeping hold of our young talent seemed like it could simply be trying to put off bargain hunters rather than a genuine statement of intent.

It still could go either way but the next appointment will go a long way to answering these questions. If he was genuinely committed to getting the club 'back to where they belong" he'd making sweeping changes, which given the number of Eddie's appointments would presumably be quite expensive.

A 'more of the same' appointment from within would suggest to me that the finances are tight and his statement of intent is hot air.

Only picked the news up about half an hour back so only just getting my head around it.

Disappointed, but not surprised he has gone. There were always going to have to be a fair few player sales plus a lot of back room staff cuts following relegation. I believe Eddie probably feels personally responsible for this and has taken it hard as he persuaded the players to come here, and many of the back room staff are personal friends. He was already looking shattered in the last few weeks so not surprising he has decided he cannot face a rebuild of AFCB at this stage.

What comes next - who knows - but at least we are starting in the Championship and should still have a decent bunch of players left even after the inevitable departures.

Personally cannot get too worked up either way just yet as, until we can get back into stadiums, it is not real football to me anyway - whatever the results.

So I look forward to the speculation and changes of the coming weeks and will just follow my tag line.

Just got a feeling a certain Mr Redknapp will get the job on a rolling one year contract.Sincerely hope the bookies have got it wrong ?Tindall odds on.Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The grief has brought me here this morning.

Charlie Daniels doing some solo training.

Attachments

• PicsArt_08-02-11.49.32.jpg
    PicsArt_08-02-11.49.32.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 21
Just thought you would like to hear the views of the wise old sage Smhinto.
As taken from The Echo.

"The only direction the club is now going is towards Leaue One. There will a huge outgoing of players and there will not be enough time to rebuild next season. Plus players will not want to come to us."

"Perhaps you need to absorb some reality and realism. AFCB are now in turmoil. We have just been relegated from the Premier League. We will also be losing our key playing assets. The club have now lost its prize asset i.e. the manager of who was the reason why so many qulaity players came to us in the first place and who would not have came to us if Howe was not at the club. Now that Eddie has gone, there will not be many players of quality that will want to join a rudderless club which is now clouded in uncertainty and of which is on course for League One.
Please try to wake up."

There, that's cheered us all up!

Just thought you would like to hear the views of the wise old sage Smhinto.
As taken from The Echo.

"The only direction the club is now going is towards Leaue One. There will a huge outgoing of players and there will not be enough time to rebuild next season. Plus players will not want to come to us."

"Perhaps you need to absorb some reality and realism. AFCB are now in turmoil. We have just been relegated from the Premier League. We will also be losing our key playing assets. The club have now lost its prize asset i.e. the manager of who was the reason why so many qulaity players came to us in the first place and who would not have came to us if Howe was not at the club. Now that Eddie has gone, there will not be many players of quality that will want to join a rudderless club which is now clouded in uncertainty and of which is on course for League One.
Please try to wake up."

There, that's cheered us all up!
He must be made up, bless him.
Surprised he considers Eddie to be our prize asset though, you know, the same Eddie Howe who as been guiding us towards certain relegation for the past eight seasons or so !

;