How long does GON have?

This article is a load of shite. Aside from it being full of inaccuracies - Parker was sacked because we lost 9-0 and the people who gave O'Neil the job are no longer at the club - it's based on a silly premise.

Brighton had to find a new manager because they were flying and their successful manager was poached. Bournemouth and Southampton had to find new managers because they were and are sh*t.
Neil Blake is still at the club.

This article is a load of shite. Aside from it being full of inaccuracies - Parker was sacked because we lost 9-0 and the people who gave O'Neil the job are no longer at the club - it's based on a silly premise.

Brighton had to find a new manager because they were flying and their successful manager was poached. Bournemouth and Southampton had to find new managers because they were and are sh*t.
You’re being selective. Yes, there are a couple of inaccuracies but on the whole it’s a pretty fair summary and some good points also.

Neil Blake is still at the club.

Yes those are examples of inaccuracies in the article....

... It does rather feel as though Parker may have been fired as a knee-jerk reaction to that Liverpool result.

and... What, in Gary O’Neil’s couple of years at The Vitality Stadium and six months at Liverpool, persuaded the club to entrust Premier League survival to someone who had plenty of Premier League experience as a player, but none as a manager?
Of course, those who made that decision are no longer there to answer that question, with the club sold in December.

Yes those are examples of inaccuracies in the article....

... It does rather feel as though Parker may have been fired as a knee-jerk reaction to that Liverpool result.

and... What, in Gary O’Neil’s couple of years at The Vitality Stadium and six months at Liverpool, persuaded the club to entrust Premier League survival to someone who had plenty of Premier League experience as a player, but none as a manager?
Of course, those who made that decision are no longer there to answer that question, with the club sold in December.

Having read the level of crap in the above statements, I think I'll give the rest of the article a miss...

Having read the level of crap in the above statements, I think I'll give the rest of the article a miss...

I'll save you the bother. It says you shouldn't appoint unproven people from within or the lower leagues* you should appoint unproven people from abroad, oh and have a better team to start with if you can.

*Other than Eddie Howe or Graham Potter obviously.

The more this drags on (and the available managerial options dwindle) I'm much more inclined to think that Hassenhuttl could do a great job here.

His style would very much suit our players imo

I didn't think it was that bad. On a par with the stuff Dorset Live puts out. Those are the only real inaccuracies and they stood out like a a stiff prix at a lesbian wedding, hence SDD focussing on them.

Oh dear...oh dear oh dear oh dear.
Those applying 'journalistic science' or whatever it is in that article are as daft as assuming like the scribes of History that there is a God ...or that 'God' was a male !

The only real thing you can take from the results of the South Coast trio of clubs is that the Brighton players have gelled as a 'team'......and that the Saints and the Cherries have not.

The emphasis on Managers is overplayed !
Klopp was only as good as the players Form !
Zerbi comes to Brighton and is a God on the back of Potters good work.. Potter himself a victim of the fall - out from the Abrahmovich departure.

Boscombe's players in the Liverpool game were reacting basically to the smaller hammerings at MC and home to Arsenal - lost confidence and a "oh heck this the PL" fear of the top clubs !

..sandwiched between was the 2-2 at Norwich !

A 'knee jerk' sacking of Parker was certainly that !
What was he supposed to say For Christ Sake in the immediate aftermath ?

A short concentrated effort by the players v Wolves, Forest and Leicester brought things back to the form of the first game v Villa...Results were not overly bad then until Saints at home plus Chelsea and Manu beat us relatively easily when again the Fear set back in....with O'Neil and Co at the side of the pitch...NOT on it !
It's all very well hyping up the likes of Lerma and Cook...but without Leadership ON the pitch we are easy pickings for all opponents.

Strange similarities at Southampton now - although the Hashthingybird survived two 9-0 drubbings long before the sacking..so not a knee jerk...but now the Players there ensuring Jones, just like O' Neil, is getting a severe dent in his CV !

Brighton were not too special last week....they could end up plummeting if/when Zerbi bod makes a few errors !

Ever changing landscapes .

when Newcastle inevitably go one or two nil up, should we not all just sing "Gary, what's the score? Gary, Gary, what's the score?".

I did see a tweet as well where it mentioned that this weekend's fixture might be the first in history where the visiting manager gets a better reception than the home one!!

Or get behind the players so we get back to 2-2?

The more this drags on (and the available managerial options dwindle) I'm much more inclined to think that Hassenhuttl could do a great job here.

His style would very much suit our players imo

I rated Hassenhuttl and was gutted when he went to Saints. Southampton mates all thought he wouldn't see out the season so I got a fair few free drinks in the summer of '19.

I get people wanting GON out but describing him as a PE teacher or clown just makes the name caller look a complete *****.

The “PE teacher” words are not mine but come from within the club and, as I understand it, are meant as part of changing-room humour. “Clown” is out of order.

;