How much damage has Parker done?

The big clues are coming up ...mainly the amount of Goals we accumulate or concede in the next 6 or so tasty fixtures ...the Forest game with its associated crowd tensions. ..the big rivalry games Brighton and Saints.. more crowd tension at Fulham. and Brentford. ..the highly Emotional encounter at Newcastle...Sharp Edges all around ! .

. the Leicester game almost an Isolated 'friendly' !

Not being sensationalist here, but I'm feeling Parker has managed to make a right mess of our club since being promoted.

That alone lies squarely at either the board or Parker.

Don't want to go all Neil here, but he is right.

The board have not a clue what they are doing.

Jesus, we tried desperately to sign Redmond in a last ditch approach, and apparently he could never have been signed in the first place.

I wish all the remaining players every success in achieving their aims, perhaps of staying up, perhaps of moving on, or whatever they want to achieve.

The alignment of the differing parts of our club seems to be seriously out of synch.

Staying up is achievable, and would be greater than anything we have ever achieved in my opinion.

The players have been chucked under a bus.

It's certainly not been a great period for those who run the club. We obviously don't know the ins and outs but something definitely isn't right. That said I'm quite upbeat for a few reasons.

Everyone thinks we're rubbish and going down bottom, probably with a record low points total. Anything other than that will be a bonus. Perfect opportunity for backs against the walls us against the world type season.

New manager to come in. It needs an organiser and motivator who can get them running through brick walls. Get that right and these players are good enough to do it.

The owner has clearly tightened the purse strings. Hopefully this is because he's decided to do what we were all crying out for and invest off the pitch. If so fine by me.

If he's just genuinely skint due to events then it's not great but hopefully the modest window will put us in a better financial position more likely to attract investment.

If the board are at fault and as bad as everyone seems to think then surely Max will know this and might make some changes. I for one would love Blake to get sacked simply so we can hear the end of the amateur football experts blaming everything on the guy.

THis kind of applies to the owner too. If he's doing it on the cheap and doesn't invest off the pitch then he's going to come under pressure from a lot of places, especially the fans. I've loved the guy's ownership and obviously you need to be careful what you wish for but he will at least need to outline his strategy. Keeping everyone on the dark can't go on forever if we're failing on the pitch.

Relegation holds no fear for me, I don't wish it on us but if it happens it's no big deal, especially if the owner has made sure that we'll be ok financially.

It's certainly not been a great period for those who run the club. We obviously don't know the ins and outs but something definitely isn't right. That said I'm quite upbeat for a few reasons.

Everyone thinks we're rubbish and going down bottom, probably with a record low points total. Anything other than that will be a bonus. Perfect opportunity for backs against the walls us against the world type season.

New manager to come in. It needs an organiser and motivator who can get them running through brick walls. Get that right and these players are good enough to do it.

The owner has clearly tightened the purse strings. Hopefully this is because he's decided to do what we were all crying out for and invest off the pitch. If so fine by me.

If he's just genuinely skint due to events then it's not great but hopefully the modest window will put us in a better financial position more likely to attract investment.

If the board are at fault and as bad as everyone seems to think then surely Max will know this and might make some changes. I for one would love Blake to get sacked simply so we can hear the end of the amateur football experts blaming everything on the guy.

THis kind of applies to the owner too. If he's doing it on the cheap and doesn't invest off the pitch then he's going to come under pressure from a lot of places, especially the fans. I've loved the guy's ownership and obviously you need to be careful what you wish for but he will at least need to outline his strategy. Keeping everyone on the dark can't go on forever if we're failing on the pitch.

Relegation holds no fear for me, I don't wish it on us but if it happens it's no big deal, especially if the owner has made sure that we'll be ok financially.
Broadly speaking I agree, and is why I can't quite get on board with the torch and pitchforks at closing time mob.

Ok we're keeping transfer spend relatively low, that much was clear early on. With the exception of the mad January transfer deadline day (punt to push us over the promotion line) we've hardly spent a bean on transfers in 2-3 years. So this should come as no shock to anyone.

The question is, what do we do with this financial position?

If we make progress off the pitch as we've all been crying out for - then surely that's good? If we pay down the books and get the finances into a healthy position - surely that's good?

If we don't spend on players, don't make any progress off the pitch, and the finances are in a state, piss it all away on Bentleys for Blake, then fair enough. Maybe that becomes 'sack the board' time.

I very much doubt Parker had much to do with Maxim.

The breakdown in communication most likely lies between

Parker to Blake

Then

Blake to Maxim

As we all love to speculate, I'd be in the camp that Blake has oversold one person and understood another.

Parker would have had fck all conversations with Denim.
I would agree there's surely been a breakdown in communication at the root of the Parker debacle, and the board must take some responsibility for that.

Parker to Blake

Then

Blake to Maxim

As we all love to speculate, I'd be in the camp that Blake has oversold one person and understood another.

I think this sums it up perfectly. There was a triangle before with both Eddie and Blake in dialogue with Demin - now it's a straight line up from Manager to Blake to Max. Blake will forever cover his own - gold plated backside.

MONEY . If that's what it's going to be about from the Club and the Fans...i've had enough...and might even remove my support at the end of this season after 60 f√cking years...if I feel its retention is the main concern going forward and for example, No new ground is planned after staying up....

Money is the main talking point now with a vast majority of the Forum... the Football is relegated to a side issue. It's a f√cking Tragedy.

Broadly speaking I agree, and is why I can't quite get on board with the torch and pitchforks at closing time mob.

Ok we're keeping transfer spend relatively low, that much was clear early on. With the exception of the mad January transfer deadline day (punt to push us over the promotion line) we've hardly spent a bean on transfers in 2-3 years. So this should come as no shock to anyone.

The question is, what do we do with this financial position?

If we make progress off the pitch as we've all been crying out for - then surely that's good? If we pay down the books and get the finances into a healthy position - surely that's good?

If we don't spend on players, don't make any progress off the pitch, and the finances are in a state, piss it all away on Bentleys for Blake, then fair enough. Maybe that becomes 'sack the board' time.

Personally I think it's all on Max. He probably will sack the board when the going gets tough because that will take some of the pressure off him but unlike those who pin everything at their door I'm not sure that will make a lot of difference if he's unwilling to spend.

If he's not willing to spend on squad or off the pitch we do have problems. I'm not sure we've got a right to demand any different but it surely won't go down well with the fans.

B
Not being sensationalist here, but I'm feeling Parker has managed to make a right mess of our club since being promoted.

That alone lies squarely at either the board or Parker.

Don't want to go all Neil here, but he is right.

The board have not a clue what they are doing.

Jesus, we tried desperately to sign Redmond in a last ditch approach, and apparently he could never have been signed in the first place.

I wish all the remaining players every success in achieving their aims, perhaps of staying up, perhaps of moving on, or whatever they want to achieve.

The alignment of the differing parts of our club seems to be seriously out of synch.

Staying up is achievable, and would be greater than anything we have ever achieved in my opinion.

The players have been chucked under a bus.
y damage you mean getting us promoted?…he wanted out and now has his way…players will just carry on as they will be professional and still want their pay!…just get in a manager who can put the hymn sheet together and get a tune out of them…we have the squad to compete with the bottom six on this league or even four so we just need to top that mini table!

B

y damage you mean getting us promoted?…he wanted out and now has his way…players will just carry on as they will be professional and still want their pay!…just get in a manager who can put the hymn sheet together and get a tune out of them…we have the squad to compete with the bottom six on this league or even four so we just need to top that mini table!

Getting promoted was last season Garbo.

The damage he has done since has blotted that achievement, by saying what he said in the press.

Not once when in the Championship did he do any of the things that he has done in the first 3 games of this season.

The 9-0 against Liverpool would easily have been forgotten if only he had backed his squad, which for most part he assembled, and was happy with.

Parker got them promoted......we had held Forest off in 'that game'. ...confidence was there then !

Parker managed the Villa Win !

But somehow Fear crept in at the sight of MC...they froze....it can't all be down to the manager once they get on the pitch !

We will see what happens tomorrow when Forests's crowd get at them.

Way I saw the defeats to the "big" clubs was thus. Huge gaps between defence and midfield and midfield and Keifer expected to lead the line with no one to back him up. Villa and Wolves we shut down opposition players stopping them being able to play quick passes. Wolves game we rode our luck. The team is capable of staying up its question of how we play and what systems suit us. The "big" teams we will struggle against unless we can keep their defence occupied stopping them pushing up as not needed. Arsenal illustrated the huge gaps between the lines they could play quick passes and get into the box. Blame Parker for 80% of current problems

Parker to Blake

Then

Blake to Maxim

Oh I agree that Parker wouldn't have had direct conversations with Demin and as you say, a lot of this is speculation, I'm just going off what I hear from Kris Temple etc. But I would like to think Parker was made aware of what budget he had to work etc. I am certainly not saying it was all on Parker, but for me he has done a hell of a lot of damage.

Not having a clue as to where Max's wealth is invested I wonder if the Ukraine events are making things tight for him. He may be a multi-millionaire and we think losing a few hundred thousand or more is nothing for him but I rather think that may be the case. Trouble is I don't think cashing in AFCB and the assets is going to provide big bucks.

Whatever happens Parker has given us one of the best moments we've had as AFCB supporters, I'm talking specifically about this (paraphrased) exchange:

Reporter: Do you have a message for the fans who've just watched their team get battered 9-0 in a league game?

Parker: Yeah, they need to get used to it because this lot are shite.

Sacked within days. Come on that's absolutely hilarious.

The damage he has done since has blotted that achievement, by saying what he said in the press.

Not once when in the Championship did he do any of the things that he has done in the first 3 games of this season.

The 9-0 against Liverpool would easily have been forgotten if only he had backed his squad, which for most part he assembled, and was happy with.
He wanted out end of!… he is a snake and I’m glad he’s gone!…players need a different approach and some belief in them…we saw a more determined effort v Wolves and that is how it must be to compete!

I think perhaps the Parker thing..has, as is usual in the modern media and on this Forum been Hyped to High Heaven...
A couple of shell- shock inspired comments after the 9-0 defeat whereupon his players had humiliated him and the club. ..and with no - mark interviewers hounding him with stupid questions.
Managers in the past have said similar knee - jerk reaction stuff....Redknapp.. Ferguson... The great Brian Clough even !
It's all a load of PL bollux now...much more of this stuff to come this season ...media driven crap !

If you refrain from 'going with the flow'...the typical moronic ageing skinhead sheep pen stuff... then you start to penetrate the truths !

He wanted out end of!… he is a snake and I’m glad he’s gone!…players need a different approach and some belief in them…we saw a more determined effort v Wolves and that is how it must be to compete!

Hold on a minute you said he got us promoted, liked that was his only goal or function.

That's half a job done.....it doesn't end at promotion Garbo.

The players looked devoid of all confidence on Wednesday night... Be that cos of Parker's constant put downs, or because we'd just been hammered on 3 consecutive games... they both go hand in hand.

Kris T alluded to the fact that Parker had done more damage than most understood by his words, making it very hard to attract players to a club that are 'under equipped' with sh*t players... I mean, why would you come to Bournemouth, with no manager and a team that can't compete?

I'm not getting into board level competence as I don't know facts as to what they're dealing with, but I do believe we've enough to compete at the bottom levels of the PL, it will just take a forward thinking, progressive manager to come in asap, pick the bones out of everything and get this bunch motivated again...

Confidence takes a while to build and a moment to crash.... I agree with the above and think we need a manager to protect the team at all costs and take responsibility. We are prob in the worse 5 squads but with the right mindset we can stay up

The more you read from Portugal onwards and then look at his comments after the home pre season games with hindsight the more things become clearer.

This wasn’t about trying to get more money for signings, I doubt anything other than a £160million Forest style spending spree would have appeased him.

This was the managerial equivalent of a player downing tools.

;